Nutro Dog Dood

pinky11

I don't even read the guides, I just feed enough to keep the dog in good condition. I went through a 15kg bag of Eagle Pack between two small dogs and they were getting RMBs as well (one was still a small puppy so both about 6kg) in less than 6 weeks, they ate bucketloads of it, it came out the other end in bucketloads, and my girl was in shocking condition, skinny and dull fur, I changed to Nutro and haven't looked back, she doesn't eat anywhere near as much but still a lot for her size, she is very energetic.

All you can do is try it with your dogs and see if they do well on it, I know other people have had great success with EPH but I don't rate it for my dog even though on paper it looks better. It does make it a bit harder when you have multiple dogs doesn't it, what works for one might not work for the other. I'm lucky in that my boy can eat anything at all and still keep condition, the girl is another story!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true Amypie, what works for some may not work for others. I have just come from pet stock after talking to them again today, they say it is much easier to get Nutro as it's Autralian made and they also have a loyalty program buy 10 bags get one free. Also had an email from the company and they are going to send me out some samples to try. Have to get through the majority of the 15 kg if EPH before we start a new bag. I will buy the Nutro before the EP is finished so I can change them over gradually. Thanks for all the replys.

Can I ask why you use both dry? Why not just stick with one?

Mm, we wanted to see how he did on a different food, so we tried Nutro for a few months, then, as we thought Advance sounded good too (Vet liked it as well) PLUS we were able to snaffle a couple of free bags.. so used it as a comparison. Now we've given both brands a good run, I'm sticking with Nutro now. It does smell though, but I think that makes it more palatable to my Chestnut!

Well I might just give it a try, it is going to be trial and error anyway as I have two over weight one who struggles to keep weight on and one perfect!

Rysup was it your boy that had a skin allergy? If I've got this right did you find the nutro made a difference? One of my girls has a slight allergy to grass it's worse in summer and I have found she is much better on the EP.

It was not a skin allergy, but rather he had chronic diarrhea, could not hold any body weight, and his coat went red (on the bits that should be black). We have fixed the poop issue, the body weight is coming back, and the red is slowly (very slowly) changing back to black.

I started my 3 fur kids on the Large Breed Puppy Nutro last week, Polar is 19mths (LabXMastiff) Koda is 11mths (LabXGolden Retriever) and Ted who is 9mths (MatiffXBull Arab)

and I've already noticed their coats have a lovely shime to them, and their poo's are firm and not to stinky!!!!! So Im a converted buyer now

It has taken me over a week but I finally have a bag of Nutro. The stupid website is useless. I think it must be an automated reply for all requests for stockists. I emailed them back, after they replied that I could look on the website, to tell them that NO, I cant find anything on the site for stockists in my area, and they still havent replied.

My local Petbarn has been useless too. They told me that they were getting it in last Wednesday and it has only just been supplied today, the entire two bags of it! Thats it. I bought one so that leaves one bag in the store and they dont get another delivery for at least a month. Luckily a 15kg bag last me about 2months. I told them I would order it when I have got halfway through so they have it for me. Then they tried to charge me full price even though the special didnt finish til close of business tonight. ;) Unfortunately my stock supplies dont seem to be able to source it so I am stuck with Petbarn.

Wow that's a pain, one of the main reasons I'm swapping is due to not being able to get the eagle pack. Im hoping the nutro will stay in vogue at our local pet stock. Not sure if anyone else in town sells it here.

That does sound like a big pain in the bum. And how rude that they tried to charge you full price, what was their reason???

I'm in Brissy, and I think just about every pet store I have been into (and that is many :rolleyes: ) has had stock. But I do live in Brissy itself, so that may be why.

My boy has been on Nutro for about 10 weeks now, and just recenlty, like in the last day or two I have noticed his skin has improved out of sight, but he also gets Natures Gift and the occassional chix neck or wing. He has had some episodes of vomitting in the past, that I thought might have been from the nutro puppy chix and rice, but I have now come to think it's from eating something odd that the crows drop in our back yard, as it's not all the time, it's only happened about 4 times.

So as long at it continues to do great things for my boy, he will remain on it for a long time to come yet. I have enough of the puppy variety to last him until he reaches 12 months. But then not sure if I will use the lamb or the chix adult vareity.

Which flavour do your loved ones eat? Or which do you think would be better for a skin proplem, sensitive stomach dog?

I haven't started mine on it yet, but I'm going to go with the chicken to start with as that's the EPH they are on now is chicken. Mine have lamb bones so I'm sure they will love the lamb too. I'm wondering if people alternate between the two flavours?

I was just thinking the same thing. Question though, being the same brand, would you still have to do a gradual change over between flavours? I have often wondering when feeding canned food, would it upset a dogs tummy to change between flavours of the same brand food?

With the eagle pack you can swap between flavors without a worry. I had wondered the same thing and emailed the company and asked them and they said it was fine. I am lucky with my guys, they seem to have cast iron guts and can eat anything any time. :rolleyes: however I do attempt to give them a structured diet, but if I stray a bit it doesn't effect them at all.

I had the chicken last time but they only had two bags of lamb so I had no choice. Mine used to be on Advance but the staffy x was still itching quite a bit on it, so far Nutro has been really good for both of them. We will see the true results when summer hits and Sari's grass allergies pop up.

My local petstock had some sort of problem with Nutro and decided not to stock it. They only carry a couple of bags of Lamb & Rice now. They reckoned it was something to do with supply. Not convinced of that though as it happened about the time that they really started to push EP.

I buy mine direct from the importer in NZ, is that not possible over there? I do have to buy a minimum of 4 bags at a time but that isn't a huge issue for me. It is a lot cheaper, just over $100 for a bag of lamb and rice and is freighted to my door.