Dr. Chris Brown On 7pm Project Tuesday Night...

Fevah

Hey guys,

Just wanted to remind you that Chris Brown will be doing a segment on puppy farms on the 7pm Project tomorrow night.

Will be interesting to see why he's doing a complete 360 after all his recent slipups (promoting DD in articles, PP on The Circle, Pitbull bashing on Bondi Vet etc.).

Wonder whether he's actually seen the light, given into peer pressure from all the wonderful dog lovers out there (including DOLers) or just wants greater popularity!

Edited by Fevah

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a fan of Chris Brown myself.

He apparently went along to the recent puppy farm raid in Gippsland, and he was absolutely shattered, really woke him up to the horrible things that the PP pups that he was promoting really go through to make it to the pet shops.

Edited: Spelling :laugh:

Edited by MavericksMission

He actually went along to the recent puppy farm raid in Gippsland, apparently he was absolutely shattered, really woke him up to the horrible things that the PP pups that he was promoting really go through to make it to the pet shops.

Wow, der, where did he think they came from?

He actually went along to the recent puppy farm raid in Gippsland, apparently he was absolutely shattered, really woke him up to the horrible things that the PP pups that he was promoting really go through to make it to the pet shops.

I have no idea.

it will be interesting to see the show. Im guessing they will talk about it for about 45 seconds, maybe have a 20 second interview with someone and then make some lame jokes.

Actually Dr. Harry did a great segment on dogs for people with allergies on BH&G's. He promoted PWD's, poodles and bichon frise and didnt mention DD's once.

If they dare make a joke about this I am going to be really pinged off. I don't mind Dr Chris mostly, I like that he tells people that breeding dogs 'for puppies' or for other stupid reasons is bad, and what the risks are, and demonstrates said risks on his show. I do however despise the female vet on his show, I could not get over the bagging she gave pit bulls last week (?week before) when actually we only have two obviously not very clever people's opinions on what kind of dog it was :)

If you don't like what they have to say, get onto Twitter and send Chris Brown and the 7pm Project something. Make sure your hashtags are relevant and American. Not #puppyfarm but #puppymill, that sort of thing. This will get a wider audience.

He is also on Good News Week this week.

I saw a clip from the show where he says he always though LOL meant 'Lots of Love'

He had a patients dog pass away and sent them a text message along the lines of 'Sorry to hear that xxx passed away. LOL.

:)

Edited by becandcharch

I saw a clip from the show where he says he always though LOL meant 'Lots of Love'

He had a patients dog pass away and sent them a text message along the lines of 'Sorry to hear that xxx passed away. LOL.

:D

:thumbsup: It's funny because I used to think that meant "lots of love" when I was a kid. I just hope the people he sent a text message to realized what he meant. :)

Like so many people believe - from oops litters or from people looking after their dogs but breeding them - Yeah i know he's a vet and studied etc but look at the number of vet run puppy farms who think it's perfectly fine? And perhaps even run ones that aren't as bad as the ones WE expect because we've seen it in the flesh, known people who have, have seen the pics and aftermath.

I could easily say that way more then half the people i work with at my site don't know puppy farms exist and assume pups from petshops are just oops litters etc and there is nothing wrong with buying a pup off the internet...it's just the new newspaper right?

All i can say is he's doing a good thing by bringing this to light and more people will watch - because he's cute/funny/has a tv show whatever...as long as they watch and get a clue and get talking about the wrongness of puppy-farms.

:laugh:

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh because it must have been sad for the owners, but I admit I loled