Tattoo In The Ear, After Desexing.

Tokkie

I've tattooed ears before in dogs & cats that were under a GA, and it looked ouch, I'm sure they must have had a sore ear when they woke up.

I think it's a good idea, though. I'd probably get my girl done if she was under GA at any point.

I've never seen puppies get done before, though I know some pups are sold with tattoos - does anyone know how they do it, they get local anaesthetic for it?

Edited by Staranais

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tattooed ears before in dogs & cats that were under a GA, and it looked ouch, I'm sure they must have had a sore ear when they woke up.

I think it's a good idea, though. I'd probably get my girl done if she was under GA at any point.

I've never seen puppies get done before, though I know some pups are sold with tattoos - does anyone know how they do it, they get local anaesthetic for it?

GSD puppies are done at 7 weeks with no anaesthetic - just a quick cry and they're fine. They have a sleep and by the time they wake up, its a distance memory :confused:

GSD puppies are done at 7 weeks with no anaesthetic - just a quick cry and they're fine. They have a sleep and by the time they wake up, its a distance memory :welcome:

Oooh ouch, really? Poor babies! :confused:

GSD puppies are done at 7 weeks with no anaesthetic - just a quick cry and they're fine. They have a sleep and by the time they wake up, its a distance memory :welcome:

Oooh ouch, really? Poor babies! :confused:

Its lucky babies are so forgiving!! I always feel after a vaccination, huge microchip needle and tattoo (usually within a week of each other) they should hate me, but I do try to make up for it with lots of cuddles!!

I opted out for a tattoo on my Dobe girl, she did have her DObe tattoo though that she got at 7 weeks and I din't really notice that. My cats are all done and tattoo'd

I would opt out for my Whippets, green, blue or black that changes to blue or green in a fine small rose ear would be very yuk in my opinion. Rommi will be desexed at some point, but Lewis won't unless necessary so not a problem with him. Rommi no I wouldn't have one.