My Beloved Jake Gone Too Soon

casowner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Jakey my angel, time passes though the pain doesn't seem to. This Christmas should be a happy one, you know I always get so excited about my Christmas lights and then I would watch you race around like a demon knocking them over. Well my boy I couldn't bring myself to putting them up this year. The grass has grown over the spot on the grass where you used to lay and something so natural hurts so much.

A lovely DOLer told me that they had seen a big black dog laying near a verandah on the garden, she described your sleeping spot perfectly and ever since that I have finally been able to go outside at night and feel safe. It has given me some comfort knowing that you are still here in some form. Ben talks about you a lot, your daddy still can't. It amazes me how you have touched him, he has never really understood animals and the impact they have on your life until you came along.

Well my boy, Merry Christmas for tomorrow and thank you for being the dog you were and will continue to be in our hearts.

Love mum

Edited by casowner

• 4 months later...

Happy Birthday my darling Jake, today is a day when we will shed tears for your loss, honour your memory and give thanks to the devotion and protection that you gave my family and animals. I love you my big boy.

The hole that you have left will never close, but your legacy will live in our hearts forever.

post-23033-0-79766400-1304747349_thumb.jpg

Edited by casowner