My Beloved Jake Gone Too Soon

casowner

Jake I feel as if I have failed you, you were only 3 1/2 and our lives have been totally changed from today. You were our guardian, our best friend and most importantly our family. I can not find the words to express how I feel or what I have lost.

When I can think I promise to come back and write the words that you truly deserve but for now my darling all I can say is thank you and I love you

post-23033-1285489648_thumb.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake,

I have spent my first (of many to come) sleepless nights knowing that you are no longer here watching over our family and the animals, it is an emptiness that I can't begin to describe. Your breeder said to me yesterday that the Central Asian is a breed that you do not realise how much they worm their way into your heart until it is too late, she is so right. You were always just there, the ever present loyal guardian keeping watch over our family and animals. You were unlike any other dog that I have met, I sometimes questioned whether you even liked us as you seemed content just to make sure where we were and that we were safe. You weren't overtly affectionate but for the last couple of months since I have been pregnant you have wanted to be inside with the family until bedtime. I do know you loved your daddy and he loved you just as much.

Yesterday I know you waited for us to find you, so stoic and loyal to the end. I have this image of you trying to get into the car to be with Ben and you hated the car, we had to always lift all 80kgs of you into it and it was always a battle. But there you were while we were trying to get organised you were desperately trying to heave your body onto the seat but it was just too weak. Seeing you lying there with one paw on the step and your head resting on the seat next to Ben breaks my heart. Your daddy said that he will always remember that when you heard the motorbike drive past when you were in the back you lifted your head, your favouritte thing to do was to fence run with the motorbikes. Your spirit was amazing right up to the end.

Ben told me that yesterday was the worst day of his life, he is 8 years old and seeing his utter grief at your passing showed me how important you were to all of us. Your daddy is simply inconsolable, you are the only animal that he has ever truly bonded with and I don't know how I can get him through the pain.

You have given us so much more than we deserved, you have shown us what true loyalty is and you have been a perfect example of your breed. There can and will never be another like you my boy, your pawprint will remain on our hearts forever and the memory of our stoic guardian overlooking our property is one that we will treasure forever.

Until we meet again my friend please take care of all of those that we have loved and lost as you protected them in life as I know you will in death.

Oh, Casowner - such a shocking loss you have all sustained. I just loved your posts about Jake and how you obviously had such a special bond and understanding of each other.

After your thread about the Echidna, I checked on your threads to see what I had missed since the death of Angel. Such shocking news, Casowner. Jake was a dog in a million.

My deepest sincerest condolences.