Award For Biggest Idiot Goes Toooooooo.........

lovemesideways

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to nominate someone - I posted this here ages ago .....

Walking The Best Cocker Spaniel in The World on lead on the beach. We are minding our own business. I am thinking, and TBCSITW is probably wondering how good seagulls taste.

Along comes a biggish black dog (lot bigger than TBCSITW) off lead, with two mid twenties young men. Black dog shows some interest in cocker. I ask them to put dog on lead. They ignore me. One young man says to the other "Look, there is one of them poofy spaniel things lets get it, what a poof" and proceeds to set his big black dog on TBCSITW.

Black dog goes into skitch mode - ears, hackles and tail up and walks up to Magnus. I let him off lead, so he trots up to the black dog - with the two blokes watching with anticipation. Of the black dog killing the poofy cocker, I suppose

Cocker and black dog meet. Black dog postures and threatens and while he is doing that cocker goes for black dog, grabs hold of him, flips him on his back, stands over him, teeth on front of neck, growling savagely. Looks pretty bloodthirsty. Black dog looks a goner!!

Young men are faintly green, black dog is lying v e r y still.

I say to young men "I asked you to put that dog on a lead, so it's all your fault you idiots".

And called TBCSITW Off - took a few calls, but he swaggered back to me, stopping to scratch up a bit of sand over the black dog, and to lift his leg to show who was boss. :(

Those morons will NEVER set their dog on a dog again. And I am not sure that the dog would do it again.

I am not sure how serious it was going to get, but TBCSITW wasn't frightened of anything much. He never started fights, but I think he had an aura of "don't mess with me" which other dogs picked up.

Edited by Jed

The lack of brain cells in some people really amaze me. But Jed that is a cracka

I was at my local bar talking with the owner about my dog, and a random came into the conversation and asked about her breed, then said i've got an amstaff we should get together so our dogs can breed wtf? i asked why? she's a crossbreed, i don't want pups and she's desexed anyway. He then went on to say that i would make heaps of money and how would i know for sure if she was desexed, i might add that by this point i was struggling to contain myself from laughing in his face, i said that i took her to the vet, picked her up from the vet, took the stiches out and the scar on her belly, microchip in the back and tattoo in her ear are enough proof for me. The guy still managed to come up with, well how do you know your vet did the right operation?

By this point the bar owner jumped in before i shoved my rum can down his throat

Edited by CJay

what a tool!!!

There was a guy on my parents street (in the UK) who used to let his dog crap everywhere....one day my dad caught him in the act & said somehting to him....he was pleasant, but firm, and went to get this guy a plastic bag.....in the meantime a group of local ratbag kids realised what was happening (sniffed out a potential for stirring up some trouble!) and verbally hassled this guy so much for it, that by the time my dad had come out with the bag, the guy had picked the poo up with his hand and was running down the street to get away from the kids!!! :(

Thank you Willow I needed a good laugh.

I could just see that man running down the street with a big hot steaming one in his bare hand.

:laugh: :D :thumbsup:

Great idea for a thread, Idiot of the week. Can I submit these pics?

this bloke drove round and round the park and everytime he got near I had to leash my 5 whippets for fear they'd want to join in the chase. It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, it might have done him good to actually get out and walk his dog.

I hope his dog never sees something in the distance and crosses in front of his car.

5027639831_071cc991f6.jpg

5028258618_90994a0ce5_z.jpg

Walking The Best Cocker Spaniel in The World on lead on the beach. We are minding our own business. I am thinking, and TBCSITW is probably wondering how good seagulls taste.

Along comes a biggish black dog (lot bigger than TBCSITW) off lead, with two mid twenties young men. Black dog shows some interest in cocker. I ask them to put dog on lead. They ignore me. One young man says to the other "Look, there is one of them poofy spaniel things lets get it, what a poof" and proceeds to set his big black dog on TBCSITW.

Black dog goes into skitch mode - ears, hackles and tail up and walks up to Magnus. I let him off lead, so he trots up to the black dog - with the two blokes watching with anticipation. Of the black dog killing the poofy cocker, I suppose

Cocker and black dog meet. Black dog postures and threatens and while he is doing that cocker goes for black dog, grabs hold of him, flips him on his back, stands over him, teeth on front of neck, growling savagely. Looks pretty bloodthirsty. Black dog looks a goner!!

I say to young men "I asked you to put that dog on a lead, so it's all your fault you idiots".

And called TBCSITW Off - took a few calls, but he swaggered back to me, stopping to scratch up a bit of sand over the black dog, and to lift his leg to show who was boss. :)

Those morons will NEVER set their dog on a dog again. And I am not sure that the dog would do it again.

I am not sure how serious it was going to get, but TBCSITW wasn't frightened of anything much. He never started fights, but I think he had an aura of "don't mess with me" which other dogs picked up.

What a wonderful story - and love the way you've written it Jed. :cheer:

One of our local councils had a dog day at the beach yesterday.

And my dog got harrassed and bitten repeatedly by a kelpie x something big. I caught my dog, the kelpie x owner tells me to let her go so my dog could "bite" his dog and put him in his place. WTF.

1. his dog was bigger than mine.

2. I don't want my dog to think it's ok to hurt other dogs.

I know what happy dog play is and this wasn't it. His dog was playing way too rough for my dog and wouldn't leave her alone when she made it clear she wasn't interested. And the owner thought that it was all ok. He even admitted his dog was "harassing" mine.

It was then that I pointed out that every dog ranger the council has was up there on the square overlooking this bit of beach and that he should get his dog away from mine. So that's what he did. But he was really keen for my dog to put his "in it's place". Sigh.

Incidentally - the rangers' idea of dog under effective control (in all situations) on the beach - was a highly trained dog like a police dog. Pfft. Like they enforce that.

And called TBCSITW Off - took a few calls, but he swaggered back to me, stopping to scratch up a bit of sand over the black dog, and to lift his leg to show who was boss. ;)

I think we have a competitor here folks! :cheer::)

There were a few idiots down there yesterday :) and as for the police dog thing - well then why weren't they fining people who obviously were not meeting that high standard?

EFS and to add - Jed - that is a brilliant story :cheer:

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

lol @ Jed's story

Just reminds me, poor Gus seems to attract the wrong sort of attention when I take him out because of how he looks. So in the spirit of the Shonky Christmas Puppies thread, I decided to give him a full and magnificent breed title:

Ch. Grouse Dog Mate, Bet He's Fully Sick for Rabbits.

And called TBCSITW Off - took a few calls, but he swaggered back to me, stopping to scratch up a bit of sand over the black dog, and to lift his leg to show who was boss. :cheer:

Awesome!!!!

Oh Oh.

I have a second entry, that I just remembered.

Out with my boys, and a golden retriever comes sprinting over and throws himself onto Riddick to try and start humping him.

The owner yells as she casually strolls nearer.

"Don't worry, he's desexed!"

my reply,

"It doesn't matter if he's desexed you idiot, RIDDICK IS A BOY!"

whilst scruffing the golden and wrenching him away from Riddick

She was very offended that I pulled her dog off.

Edited by lovemesideways

I've seen a number of fights happen because of inappropriate mounting.

If any dog does that to mine, i instantly pull them off.

One person I saw had a golden as well- let the dog continually mount another dog and just stood there. Just as i was about to say "aren't you going to do anything" the other dog, who had previously been tolerant, turned around and had a real go at the dog. The owner was shocked and started accusing the dog of being aggressive etc but pretty much everyone who witnessed it said that it the goldens owners fault.

(i wonder if it was the same golden???)

I have another one.....

Elderly owner with large dog spinning & baying on the end of it's lead wants it to come siy hi to my dog, who has every hais on his body standing up & is doing some serious "I'm not liking you" posturing.

"no way, my dog doesn't like big dogs"

"oh, but everyone loves Bitty dear, just let them say hello"

*doh*

yesterday i spoke with a man with a psycho border collie.

His mother (in her 70's) has just taken on this dog who has already been rehomed 4 times before.

He now has the dog, because the dog jumped up in excitement and knocked the mother down requiring her to have a full shoulder reconstruction.

Erm, why would a frail person in their 70's take on a 12 month old BC that has clearly had no training at all and belongs in a very active family or a performance home???

I was very close to taking the dog off both their hands... (it was a good-looking dog!) but I think one trouble maker at a time is enough.

The mounting thing is definitely a problem. As someone who owns a mounter, I correct the dog's behaviour every time I see the first sign of that humping bum twitch, and I hope that through being corrected the dog won't persist, but from my point of view it drives me bats when other owners think it's about sex. My dog never had teenaged hormones - he's a rescue, he's been without his testicles from 12 weeks of age. I recognise it's antisocial (though from the dog's point of view he probably thinks it's quite social indeed) but yeah, I'd never stand there and encourage him to go for his life!

walking my Dane the other day and we are bailed up by very aggressive oodle. I put the Dane in a sit and stood between her and the oodle - it seemed the only thing that would keep the oodle at bay.

After five minutes the owner opens his front door and tries to call his dog away. She ignores him and continues to bail us.

When he finally gets her I say:

me: I think you should keep her in the backyard.

he: No, I don't think so.

me: An aggressive dog shouldn't be wandering the streets.

he: I disagree.

:rofl:

I reported him to the council.