Gahhh

Rach...

We moved into a new house maybe 4 months ago? My little cat (who is 6 years old and used to be top cat where we used to live) wont leave the house for fear of the cat next door, it will sit outside our front window and look at her and sit in our garden. we chase it and spray it with water but the dam thing wont go away, i have spoken to the owners but they say oh its friendly as!!! obviously not! last straw was this morning when I took buddy out onto the front lawn (he goes onto the front lawn for toilet breaks since him and Maizy can't be together) the stupid thing attacked him :cheer: he is blind so didnt know it was coming and it jumped on him and hissed so he growled and ran in some direction underneath a parked car and i grabbed him. IT GETS WORSE next doors dog then proceeded to growl at him (it was not in the backyard no people out the front) so i picked him up and just went back inside. Stupid cat is lucky it hasnt tried to attack the last of my animals.

Maybe a small freestanding cat enclosure - you can buy them ready-made or DIY something small to suit your yard (much cheaper too), this supplier has everything you need :rofl:

I used Catnets for my enclosure. It was expensive but I am happy with it.

Rach, if your cat only goes out under supervision and the neighbours cat is often roaming in your yard, maybe see if the council has a trap you can borrow? Catch the neighbours cat and let the pound deal with it? Might make them think twice, although it is extremely difficult to change a person's thinking about cats.

Poor wee Buddy, I hope he is OK too. :rofl:

cat enclosures are the way to go, my boyfriend made a portable/colapsable enclosure for his cat as he travels for work, Steelo loves it, she knows the Monday morning it's in the ute (the ute has a conopy) and she then has her run to go in during the week, he took her to the beach in it last week, and then Friday its come home and make me sneeze all weekend

There isn't any point for a cat enclosure for Skye, she doesn't go out much and if she is one of us is usually out there. This other cat goes at her through our windows and stuff as well and will come into our garage and to the door. I've sprayed it with water and chased it and yelled at it. I am not a fan of this cat, but if Maiz gets the chance to get it. There won't be a kitty for much longer

The cat has no collar or tags =/ so if it got trapped I don't know if they would find it. So would feel horrible..

BUt its likely to suffer a painful end anyway if its out roaming with cars and dogs and bored young people etc around so its better it go to the pound.

And really would get an enclosure for your cat - if it took fright when you are outside with it how would you catch your own cat?

I would contact the rangers. The dog was out the front unsupervised, the cat attacked your dog and is making your cats life a misery when she is inside(which is definately where I would leave her until you get the other cat sorted)

If the cat is that bad then it should be taken to the pound.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

And really would get an enclosure for your cat - if it took fright when you are outside with it how would you catch your own cat?

it was my dog who freaked out and as soon as you say his name he calms down again...

will it make a difference if i make a complaint about the cat and dog?? the dog usually runs over into our yard and to our fence but i always take her home because maizy goes ape through the fence at her