My 15 Week Old Pup Was Attacked

jessie86

Totally against the law to allow kids to walk dogs alone and I cannot believe what sort of moronic parents they must have!! Two large dogs like that? No way could a kid hold one, let alone two. Disgusting and terrifying.

Your puppy is a little too young to be going to a dog park as well, it's risky for one so young.

Is it?

I used to walk my dog by myself all the time from the age of 11 years old. I would take her to offleash parks as well but she was under control.

She was a medium breed and I would like to think I was responsible...

Sorry this has happened to your puppy.

There is no excuse for any dog to do this.

It is a pity that the photographer that was with you didnt take photos of the dogs after you rescued your puppy so at least you had some proof as to the dogs that did this.

Just a question.

Firstly you said they were Bullmastiffs

Then you said they were Bullmastiff crosses.

Which do you think they were?

A nasty and frightening experience in deed, so glad the puppy is ok. But, you really need to be on the ball and understand the risks involved taking any dogs to places where off leash dogs are likely to be for the simple reason, you cannot trust what any strange dogs may do and how they may react and sadly with a defenceless puppy, it doesn't stand much chance of survival if attacked by a seriously aggressive dog.

Edited by SpecTraining

A nasty and frightening experience in deed, so glad the puppy is ok. But, you really need to be on the ball and understand the risks involved taking any dogs to places where off leash dogs are likely to be for the simple reason, you cannot trust what any strange dogs may do and how they may react and sadly with a defenceless puppy, it doesn't stand much chance of survival if attacked by a seriously aggressive dog.

If the dogs in question were seriously aggressive ST the puppy would not be alive right now. That has already been stated.

I hate the fact that there are off leash areas.

No dog alive today has 100% recall, 100% of the time.

Clearly these dogs were not under control and there is no excuse for their nor their owner/handlers behaviour.

And yes there are always lessons to be learnt. Some the hard way.

Your puppy is a little too young to be going to a dog park as well, it's risky for one so young.

Totally disagree with this

15 weeks is NOT too young to be out and about

It is a shame that this happened but this could have happened walking down the street

Hope your pup recovers mentally

Jessie this might seem like a strange question but what lesson did you learn??

No not at all, I learnt that I'm accountable for my pup but can't control other peoples dogs behaviors. I also took for granted that all the dogs he has been introduced to are friendly and lots of dogs aren't. Pretty much taught us to be more careful with him so we can avoid ever placing him in danger.

Sorry this has happened to your puppy.

There is no excuse for any dog to do this.

It is a pity that the photographer that was with you didnt take photos of the dogs after you rescued your puppy so at least you had some proof as to the dogs that did this.

Just a question.

Firstly you said they were Bullmastiffs

Then you said they were Bullmastiff crosses.

Which do you think they were?

They were crosses, they could be lovely dogs with people but the young girl said they've done this sort of thing before, and they weren't friendly dogs, they really were in a pack. The dog at surry hills is a pit bull and has killed a Maltese terrier.

It is a shame that this happened but this could have happened walking down the street

Flaves Dogmad said too young to be going to a dog park, not too young to be out and about. I don't even take my adult dogs to dog parks, never mind a young puppy.

So glad to hear your puppy is ok Jessie. I do agree with others that if these dogs meant business your pup would have been dead - that's not saying their behaviour is in anyway acceptable, of course.

15 weeks being out and about has several risks. One is that you would hope the 12 week vaccination provided substantial antibodies against disease, the dog at that age suffering a serious fright can be detrimental to it's temperament development and they possess little defence against attack. Personally I am very cautious where I take puppies at that age for these reasons.

Yes, it could happen down the street I agree, but more likely in a place where off leash dogs are permitted and expected to be.