Really Worried About Rover :( Healing Vibes Needed

lovemesideways

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet. NOW!!!

Have you inadvertently missed a Proban tablet or has he thrown up one?

It sure sounds like a tick to me. :eek:

Thats what I thought. We both checked him over multiple times and could not find anything.

I think he missed his tablets day before yesterday as mum forgot to give them to him. I know for sure he got them last night.

The tremors could be due to pain. Mindy had a similar thing when she was younger, but she was still eating, I would be really worried if he is not eating as he usually loves his food so much...

What could be hurting him?

:mad:(:o

I hope he is ok.

how awful for you, i'd want to be there with him, it must be sending you mad sitting at home and not being able to do anything. though you wouldn't be able to do anything at the vet's anyway. thinking postive thuoghts for him and you...

it does sound like a tick to me, but if you say you've been giving him proban then it must be something else. could he have eaten a toxic plant in the garden last night?

Vet. NOW!!!

Thats what I thought. We both checked him over multiple times and could not find anything.

I think he missed his tablets day before yesterday as mum forgot to give them to him. I know for sure he got them last night.

The tremors could be due to pain. Mindy had a similar thing when she was younger, but she was still eating, I would be really worried if he is not eating as he usually loves his food so much...

I hope he is ok.

I'm really glad he is off to the vets now.

Mindy's tremors were due to pain from intestinal spasms, sort of like when you get food poisoning I assume. Her tremors were localised to the back legs at first as well.

Sending healing vibes for Rover....

I have seen dogs tremble in pain from back and disk issues. If he is very stoic he could be in LOTS of pain until he just can't hide it.

I am glad he is at the vets, around here(much smaller clinic though) if I feel it is bad I ring them and tell them I am coming, not ring for an appoint. They know me well so they know if I need to go then and there it is for a good reason.

I hope he is okay sending healing vibes and lots of Whippet kisses to you both.

Definitely going mad sitting here. Cuddling Riddick who is a flower child and has no idea anything is wrong.

She is right that me panicking isn't going to do him or anyone good. He should be at vet now with mum. She'll call me as soon as he is checked.

I don't know what plants are toxic. He doesn't eat any of the plants here, but I don't know, there could be something down the back that I haven't seen. Does someone have link to common toxic plants that come out in summer. I will go look now (give myself something to do)

We went to St Ives showground yesterday which can be prone to ticks, but I thought getting proban would stop that, even if he missed one day.

Is it possible he has swallowed a toy ??

This happened to one of mine earlier this year. She swallowed a rope toy that caused a blockage.

She went off her food, started vomiting etc....rushed to vets....they put her on antibiotics (long story, but wasnt happy)....... after 2nd trip to vet within the hour she was trembling and having mild fits, so I then rushed her straight to the AH vets.

They worked all night to stabilise her as body organs were failing..... decided they had to go in....

A heck of a lot of money later - but rope toy was removed and my girl is better - and she is not allowed any toys now.

Edited by MissMonaro

Vet. NOW!!!

I hope he is ok.

I'm really glad he is off to the vets now.

Mindy's tremors were due to pain from intestinal spasms, sort of like when you get food poisoning I assume. Her tremors were localised to the back legs at first as well.

Sending healing vibes for Rover....

That sounds like it could be what is happening. Couldn't feel any kind of blockage, and he has been drinking and pooing normally. Just isn't hungry in the slightest, which is SOOOO off for Rover. He has the food drive of 5 labradors in one.

Ate his dinner normally yesterday, did not eat anything strange (that I know of).

I have seen dogs tremble in pain from back and disk issues. If he is very stoic he could be in LOTS of pain until he just can't hide it.

I am glad he is at the vets, around here(much smaller clinic though) if I feel it is bad I ring them and tell them I am coming, not ring for an appoint. They know me well so they know if I need to go then and there it is for a good reason.

I hope he is okay sending healing vibes and lots of Whippet kisses to you both.

He is incredibly stoic. Beyond normal. Had an almost dislocated tail once and did not even flinch at having it squeezed and pulled. :o

I'm like you, I will just go to vet if something is beyond wrong. Mum is much more relaxed and "oh he will be fine, lets just wait and see"

I hope they find out very quickly what it is, poor boy.

I do remember a Yellow Lab bitch being carried through the door one day. She had gone to get out of bed, fell over and started shaking etc. The owners thought she had been poisoned. She had ruptured a disk in her back. She ended up fine, but shaking is often a sign of pain.

Oh my goodness, my heart is in my throat for you, I know how it feels. Had a similar thing happen to my lab a few months ago and he had to go to emergency vet - i was freaking out. In his case, he'd swallowed a bone and it had caused intestinal blockage but he was fine. He never had tremors so this sounds like something different.

Please keep us updated on any further news and try to breathe!