Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food

pinky11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting on delivery of 40kgs, as I'm changing my dogs over to it. They loved the sample I was sent, it was a very generous size and I used it for a couple of meals and training treats.

I'll let you know how we go.

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :) I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :) I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

For my Stafford girl I use RC Sensitivity Control (prescription diet) ingredients are Tapioca, dehydrated fish (blue whiting), vegetable fibres, hydrolysed poultry liver, animal fats, minerals, soya oil, Fructo-Oligo-Saccharides (FOS), fish oil, L-tyrosine, DL-methionine, taurine, marigold extract (source of lutein).

We don't seem to have a problem with the poultry liver as it's hydrolysed, it works well for her stomach and her skin so she won't be changing over to Black Hawk.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I don't have a problem at all with the actual product. Have used heaps of bags and have recommended it heaps but I do have a few problems with lack of straight answers about this product. i.e where has it come from.

Unless Eagle Pack get their arses into gear, I'm going to have to find something else for Grumpy. Unfortunately, lamb and chicken are out. :laugh: I was thinking of Canidae but I'm concerned about the very high protein content.

For my Stafford girl I use RC Sensitivity Control (prescription diet) ingredients are Tapioca, dehydrated fish (blue whiting), vegetable fibres, hydrolysed poultry liver, animal fats, minerals, soya oil, Fructo-Oligo-Saccharides (FOS), fish oil, L-tyrosine, DL-methionine, taurine, marigold extract (source of lutein).

We don't seem to have a problem with the poultry liver as it's hydrolysed, it works well for her stomach and her skin so she won't be changing over to Black Hawk.

I've just got a bag of the RC for Grumpy. He ate the couple of bits I gave him this morning but then, he'll try anything once to see if it's edible.

I don't have a problem at all with the actual product. Have used heaps of bags and have recommended it heaps but I do have a few problems with lack of straight answers about this product. i.e where has it come from.

I feel the same way. I like to make educated and informed decisions and don't just consider how well the dog does on it, but who manufactures a product, where it's made etc.

There are other foods that I won't use because of who makes them, where they are made or who distributes them.

I'd like to know

I feel the same way. I like to make educated and informed decisions and don't just consider how well the dog does on it, but who manufactures a product, where it's made etc.

There are other foods that I won't use because of who makes them, where they are made or who distributes them.

I'd like to know

Black Hawk is manufactured in Australia, it is an exclusive formula, kept in plain packaging to keep costs low so that its affordable for all.

I'd like to know

Black Hawk is manufactured in Australia, it is an exclusive formula, kept in plain packaging to keep costs low so that its affordable for all.

I under stand that , I get there's no fancy packaging and you don't pay for marketing etc.

The question has now been answered :eek:

I must say I'm beginning to feel very disappointed, the NSW rep for Black Hawk, told me on the weekend that the new batch will contain emu oil. No worries about that, products change from time to time but it looks like I may as well go and buy Natures Gift lamb and rice adult.

I'd like to know

What we would like to know IS which State? Whose factory do you share to manufacture it??? Masterfoods or somebody else?

ETA: I have been to masterfoods and the staff there are happy to talk about their food production, Black Hawk needs to be ultra transparent if you are hoping this will catch on. Particularly since you don't have traditional representatives like RC, Hills, Pro Plan, Advance. Consumers expect to get an answer to their questions...

Edited by Staff'n'Toller