Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food

pinky11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The puppy version is identical to a product on the APFE website that is called Natures Gift Puppy. This is an export product. It is NOT the semi moist Nature's Gift product available in the supermarkets.

The cat kibble is identical to Natures Gift cat kibble that is available in Australia.

I hope the confusion of this food gets cleared up. When it's more transparent and still considered a good food, I will switch to it due to Eagle Pack supplies issues. Is anyone from the Black Hawk company able to clarify the issues?

I actually am a part owner of the company, i helpt to develop the formula so i know exactly where it comes from

Which is where?

A DOL member sells it would be more accurate.

APFE makes it.

Hungry Hound distributes/wholesales it.

Black Hawk (DOL member) & other places sell it to consumers.

APFE dont make it but APFE DID develop the formula for it and it is exclusive, it is manufactured in NSW and distributed by Hungry Hound, we have received no complaints so far, so this is a great way of seeing what consumers want and provides us with feedback to improve this product for the dogs we all love!

Curiouser and curiouser. So who does make it?

Funny yesterday I called APFE directly and asked if they made this product and they said yes. Hungry Hound appears on their website as one of their brands. They also said that the Hungry Hound rep worked for them.

Who to believe? It's getting a bit odd.

Agree! :D

My understading is it is identical to Nature's Gift that is exported

Is the exported Nature's Gift different to the supermarket Nature's Gift?

that is my belief

Where did that belief stem from, Rebanne? I mean, was it something you read somewhere and is there a link to where we might read this up as well, please? And do you happen to know in what way the Export NG is different from the NG sold here? Is it just the treatment process it needs to go through to satisfy export laws? Or are you saying the recipe is different?

I hope the confusion of this food gets cleared up. When it's more transparent and still considered a good food, I will switch to it due to Eagle Pack supplies issues. Is anyone from the Black Hawk company able to clarify the issues?

Been told that Eagle Pack should be available from 22nd october once again.

Been told by whom? I sent an email to Eagle Pack and did not get a response.

Been told by whom? I sent an email to Eagle Pack and did not get a response.

Been told from a few online suppliers in NSW that there stock is coming in on this date. Also recieved a email from Eagle Pack today stating the supply issue will resolved properly by Nov 2010. my local petstock today had new stock but not the one i need

My understading is it is identical to Nature's Gift that is exported

Is the exported Nature's Gift different to the supermarket Nature's Gift?

that is my belief

Where did that belief stem from, Rebanne? I mean, was it something you read somewhere and is there a link to where we might read this up as well, please? And do you happen to know in what way the Export NG is different from the NG sold here? Is it just the treatment process it needs to go through to satisfy export laws? Or are you saying the recipe is different?

http://www.apfe.com.au/ngadult.html

It was me that mentioned NG at NO stage did I say it was the NG product that is available in Australia. I found this export product after a bit of investigation.

Nature's Gift puppy export:

Lamb meal, Brown rice, Sorghum, Oat Groats, Chicken fat, wheat flour, beet pulp, Poultry Digest , potassium chloride, salt, Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed Meal, Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Tomato Powder, Emu Oil, Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Black Hawk puppy:

Lamb meal, Brown rice, Sorghum, Oat Groats, Chicken fat, wheat flour, beet pulp, Poultry Digest , potassium chloride, salt, Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed Meal, Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Tomato Powder, Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Note that the emu oil is not in the Black Hawk version, however they state on their website that it will be in the new version.

The product on the APFE website called Nature's Gift export is a normal kibble. NG sold here is a semi moist kibble.

The cat kibble is the same. I've seen the order sheet for the cat kibble from Hungry Hound and it said 'Nature's Gift' on it.

The adult food is either the NG export without the wheat in it (APFE told me that they change the formula for different customers) or it could be a different brand from APFE, maybe this product that doesn't have the ingredients listed - http://www.apfe.com.au/feedrite.html

Hi Everyone

l am sorry to read this thread, and all the confussion re Black Hawk Holistic,

l do not get on DOL very often so had no idea about the thread until l recieved an e-mail today, so please accept my apologies, if anyone would like to contact me please e-mail instead (not PM) as l mention l am not on here very often,

l will make a list of questions that have been asked and hopefully get time over the weekend to put some answers together.

Please note in the mean time, that Natures Gift Aust has nothing to do with Black Hawk in anyway.

Black Hawk is what it says on the label and is packed for me, the same as any Coles, safeway, Aldi or home brand products, if you have any of these homebrand products have a look they dont tell you anything but Packed for Coles Packed for Aldi etc, now please before anyone jumps on any band wagons be paitient while l try collate all the questions and answers together,

There is nothing to hide this is a 100% Aust product made from Aust human grade ingredients as per the label. l would have thought that people would have been happy to have such a great Aust product available to them, no matter how it comes.

my e-mail is [email protected]

Regards

Sherel

I'm confused now. My head hurts. Probably because I stopped following this thread for a little while and haven't read all the posts over the last two pages or so.

I "think" there is a company making dog (and cat) food that resells the same food to different people/companies who then market it under their own brand name. Note the "think" because it is confusing :thumbsup:

My friend in Vic

had a bag of Black Hawk delivered yesterday

her dogs went crazy over the bag itself she had to fight them to open it

her fussy eater just loved it

It's not in SA yet but as soon as it becomes available my dogs and cats will be switching

They will freight it though. I am awaiting a sample and if the dogs like it I will order a bag in and see how they go on it as a supplement to raw. She did say they are sending to SA and some people order 2 bags at once as it is more economical to do so but I don't think I would go through it quick enough.

Great I rang them yesterday was told they have alot of interest from here and are looking at doing a run

I said I would buy two bags as well but would probably get 3 adult puppy and cat

I rang Vic who did you speak to

I'm confused now. My head hurts. Probably because I stopped following this thread for a little while and haven't read all the posts over the last two pages or so.

I "think" there is a company making dog (and cat) food that resells the same food to different people/companies who then market it under their own brand name. Note the "think" because it is confusing :thumbsup:

:shrug: Thanks for the clarification.

BUT, if the food label shows the ingredients; confirms where it is made and where the products come from; confirms whether or not preservatives and other 'treatments' affect the product ................. does or would it matter? Genuine question as I have a habit of being naive of these things at times :thumbsup:.

Edited by Erny

I "think" there is a company making dog (and cat) food that resells the same food to different people/companies who then market it under their own brand name. Note the "think" because it is confusing :rofl:

:rofl: Thanks for the clarification.

BUT, if the food label shows the ingredients; confirms where it is made and where the products come from; confirms whether or not preservatives and other 'treatments' affect the product ................. does or would it matter? Genuine question as I have a habit of being naive of these things at times :(.

It doesn't. But apparently now it's fashionable to need to know the breed of sheep used in the product, how the sheep was raised, how it was slaughtered, whether it was coated at night against the frosts, wheher it's parents were blue ribbon winners at the Royal Show, how it's progeny are doing in the ring etc. etc.

OK, I'm being facetious, but bloody hell, it's flippin' dog food. The dog eats it, it shits it out the other end. If it goes through the dog without making it sick, and leaving the dog healthy, happy, and looking good, what does it matter what bloody breed of sheep was used in the manufacture?