Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food

pinky11

i think most of us WANT to use it! but some of us have dogs that have intolerances or allergies and just want to make sure that the product is 'pukka'.

as for me, i'm just a bit of a cyncial person when it comes to dog food companies. and anything that doesn't have much of a label or 'brand name' to protect, can in my mind get away with stuff. plus, i expect my butcher to know where the meat he is selling came from, and as this, i believe, is a small company perhaps i had unrealistic expectations of the same-again i don't mean exact farm just general region.

I'm NOT saying this is the case, just that my own cynicism says this might be the case, in some twisted, crazy mackie world!

in reality though i am interested and very happy that there is a 100% australian owned and produced dog food available (and may in the future use it) i have got a dog that has finally (hopefully) seemed to settle down a bit on the pro plan sensitive - and my misgivings about that company stem from a different question as to where they source their ingrediants.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackiemad - it's ok, I understand where you are coming from, I think. It's about the confidence in "big names" -vs- how much "small names" would have to lose if things went pear shaped.

But then, there are small DOL names on this forum who sell dog food treats and so forth - I'd consider that to be the same, or at the very least, similar.

I would want to know that the manufacturer is "visible", regardless of the size of name or not.

There are no inconsistencies coming from the distributors. The only inconsistencies I've seen are the innuendo, suspicion and rumours that abound on DOL.

The information from Sherel has always been clear, concise and prompt.

JulesP, l have no idea who you are, as l mention l have asked for people to be paitient while l try collate & answer the questions, but you continue with you negativity,

So it was OK for Proplan to sell their USA manufactured Breeders bags here in a Plain white bag with nothing but a label, If you would like to reseacrh and find some where that will design, make a plate and print bags for all 3 products that is under the $100,000 Please let me know, But l would not change a thing anyway. the product speaks for itself and being packed in a plain white bag reduces the overall cost per bag to everyone who wishes to use it by at least $10 per bag.

My Black Hawk Holistic is Packed for me, it is no different to Coles Aldi & Safeway who all have products packed for them you wont find any more information on the hombrand product than the list of ingredients and Packed FOR, Do any of you know what breed of cow produces the milk you buy from any store ?? and hell where do you see a cow with Rev or reduce fat written on it ???? Do you know who makes Aldi's pet treats ???

Do you think these major stores own Cheese factories ?? Milk their own cows ?? Make their own Bake Beans ??? and the list goes on,

Its your choice to use or not to use, Black Hawk Holistic has never been advertised its all been through word of mouth, if l was out to make huge money dont you think it would have been advertise dont you think it would cost more to purchase, it was never intended for me to make millions out of, people that know me know that, it was to be affordable to most people, so their dogs could be healthier from being fed a better dry food, Thats what l care about at the end of the day is health and longativity in all animals, Hence why l went out of my way to make this product available in Aust.

Not only do l show & judge dogs l am also heavily involved in rescue anyone that has been to my home has seen the animals that live here casue they had no where else,

So again be paitient is all l am asking, and if you dont like the product dont use it, ok, there are plenty out their who love it and has had some wonderful health benefits to dogs that have suffered in the past, thats the news l like to hear

Sherel

I actually hope you don't do anything to the bags, we are livid at our Vet Clinic that one particular brand reduce their bag size, change all the bag designs when there was nothing wrong with the previous design AND put up their prices. :rainbowbridge:

We nearly stopped stocking it for that reason.

Actually Collies02 I have constantly said that I don't have a problem with the food itself or with you as a supplier.

This food is not packed just for you however. It is sold in various places by Hungry Hound. Maybe you don't know that. Who knows.

Julesp

l actually know more than you

and if you compare ingredient labels you may find out a little more info.

l think it was you who posted that they make more than one formula for different customers. ???????

l have no intention of getting into a slinging match with you, Myself and hundreds of others love the Black Hawk Holistic

You say you could not get answers re Black Hawk, l note you didnt answer who you really are ??? thats my question to you ???

Public relations 101 seems to have gone a bit astray...

I'll say.

For once I agree with GayleK :rainbowbridge:

Its a dog food. Feed it or not - your decision. If your dogs like and do well on it fine. If you want more provenance than the company is willing to provide, feed something else.

No problems with the PR It may have helped if people had bothered to contact me directly and asked instead of posting on a public forum which l have previously mentioned l am hardly on

Dont you normally contact the person the company or whoever if you want those sort of questions answered ?? not post on a forum and hope someone comes by to answer them ??

l only found out about this thread becasue someone bothered to e-mail me and let me know otherwise l would not have known

l believe most of the questions first asked have been answered if l am wrong please ask, l wont be back on the forum until after the weekend. so l wont be answering anything more until then, anyone is more than welcome to email me, which l receive everyday unlike the forum

Thanks

Sherel

No problems with the PR It may have helped if people had bothered to contact me directly and asked instead of posting on a public forum which l have previously mentioned l am hardly on

Dont you normally contact the person the company or whoever if you want those sort of questions answered ?? not post on a forum and hope someone comes by to answer them ??

If you read this forum you'll find its very common for members to ask questions about products of other members. Personally I prefer to seek the views of those who have no commercial stake in the products they recommend. I doubt that as a consumer that makes me unique.

We've been using the Black Hawk food for our foster cats ... we've gone through around 100 kilos now. Cats are happy and healthy and love the food. I got a donation of Eukanuba and the cats vastly prefer the Black Hawk. We've started using the dog food for the foster dogs as well, and they are doing fine on it.

Some of the questions asked on this forum though, could only be answered by the manufacturer so to ask them here then chuck a hissy fit because they're not answered within seconds is just plain childish. The info on the pack is the exact same info available on every pack of dog food in this country.

The sellers and distributors of eagle pack, royal canin etc would not know where the produce was grown, raised, slaughtered so why should the distributors of black hawk?

The manufacturer are highly unlikely to know what breeds of sheep are used as they'd be bought in bulk from an abbotoirs, not directly from a farmer.

Eta I have contacted sherel a number of times to try and arrange a delivery to my very out of the way address. Each and every email has been replied to within hours and she has gone right out of her way to make sure I can get a regular delivery.

I cannot say the same of nutro who took 7 days to get back to me then gave me the wrong info.

Edited by GayleK

Well, we collected our 40 kg's of Black Hawk kibble today and the dogs had it for dinner tonight. Happy hounds all round, they absolutely loved it, even my fussy girl who was busy snapping up the bits that fell on the floor as I dished it out.

I am very impressed with the freshness of this product. The pieces have a clean, just baked sheen to them, not crumbly or dusty such as store bought kibble often looks like after having sat on various shelves for months. And it has a nice, fresh, meaty biscuity smell. I will use it for training treats as well as meals, because the dogs like it so much. I used part of the sample I was sent as training treats and the dogs were more than happy to work for it.

My queries have stemmed from the fact that Hungryhound, whoever that is, has actually avoided answering questions.

And given some DOLers have dogs with food issues (indeed, including my Grumpy, who has low-grade pancreatitis), I think asking questions of someone who claims to own the dog food when they come on here to spruik it is reasonable.

What questions did he avoid answering? I'd email him if I were you. He might not hang around here much and might not have seen questions asked yet.

The only question I saw that wasn't answered was what breed of sheep was used, and I personally think that is a very unreasonable question.