Black Hawk Holistic Dog Food

pinky11

horses for courses PF :rolleyes:

He's always liked Advance - left his food at FHRP's place to scoff her dogs' kibble. I wonder if he was raised on it - must ask his breeder.

As I'm trying to get weight on him at the moment, anything he's willing to scoff he gets. Wish I had his metabolism. :laugh:

I might just have to mix up what he gets. Not a bad idea anyway to not solely feed one brand all the time I reckon.

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

This thread is about an excellent quality locally australian made food, so Im not sure I understand your post?? Did I miss something??

Can't say if you missed anything (but I'm hoping I missed your friendly tone as I can't see it................I never commented on the quality of this food so unsure why your comment was necessary??).

I think that while this thread may have been initiated about Black Hawk, alot of issues have been covered including the transparency expected by consumers. My comment was meant to reflect that it shouldn't be hard for a manufacturer or distributor to say where their ingredients are from. In fact, Sherel has stated that she believes in this product wholeheartedly (as she should if she sells it!) and I would think that based on that, it shouldn't be hard to answer people's questions. At any rate, I think she WILL answer them - she has just asked for patience.

I will never understand why people think it is OK to attack people, businesses or products on the internet when they wouldn't do it face to face.

Cheers.

Mmmm seems i skipped over a couple of pages and missed the contraversy :rolleyes:

Well the proof is in the pudding as they say. My sample was delivered this morning thanks Sherel, a very generous amount I might add.

I did a little video of my lot having some for thier breaky. I have never seen them eat so contently! Notice when Bronson finsih he is scamming to see if he can get some of the others :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTSJ_Sxl81U

Tully (white girl) who always leaves some behind and fusses with her food finished first, and Copper who is the fussiest ate every bit and that was after leaving most of his breakfast from earlier (Cooper gets breaky, the other 3 don't)

Some pics when Bron had finished and Lacy hadnt and after seeing if she had left some behind!

I need more ;)

IMG_1643.jpg

Pweeeeaaassse

IMG_1644.jpg

Did she leave any ??

IMG_1647.jpg

Whoops I mean to add Sherel, I will be in touch in the next few weeks to order a bag as I have not long ago opened a 15 kilo of Nutro, as soon as we are getting low I will order.

I think the only thing to do with this food is give it a try and then if they don't do well on it or don't like it then swap to something else.

The biggest thing for me is if it is good and healthy, they like it and do well on it, then cost. The fact that the food is cheaper than other premium brands is a bonus for me, especilly feeding 4.

Hi Dog0267

Sorry l must have missed something, ?

What exactly is being asked ??

You are right l wholeheartedly believe in Black Hawk, Nothing to do with the fact l sell it, l used it for 2 years without selling it, it was for the health benefits of my own dogs, only when people started to ask what l feed and ask if they to could buy it, did the word get around. Only recently has it been advertised only on DOL,

From the interest generated from this forum Black Hawk has become extremely popular, the feedback l get from people who's dogs had health issues has been amazing and extremely pleasing for me to hear.

Thank you to everyone who have requested a sample & tried Black Hawk and continue to use and believe in Black Hawk as someone wrote the proof is in the pudding

l do try and answer everyones questions but with christmas coming up its now a busy time for me. and its always best to email me at [email protected]

Regards

Sherel

This thread is about an excellent quality locally australian made food, so Im not sure I understand your post?? Did I miss something??

Can't say if you missed anything (but I'm hoping I missed your friendly tone as I can't see it................I never commented on the quality of this food so unsure why your comment was necessary??).

I think that while this thread may have been initiated about Black Hawk, alot of issues have been covered including the transparency expected by consumers. My comment was meant to reflect that it shouldn't be hard for a manufacturer or distributor to say where their ingredients are from. In fact, Sherel has stated that she believes in this product wholeheartedly (as she should if she sells it!) and I would think that based on that, it shouldn't be hard to answer people's questions. At any rate, I think she WILL answer them - she has just asked for patience.

I will never understand why people think it is OK to attack people, businesses or products on the internet when they wouldn't do it face to face.

Cheers.

Hi Sherel,

I just recived my very generous sample in the mail...thankyou. I also picked up my 20 kg bag from Julana as well. While I was in Petstock yesterday buying some toys for my mums cat, I found a perfect airtight container to hold the 20 kg bag, especially made for this type of thing. Needless to say my dog wont leave me alone...she knows whats in the bag :thumbsup:

Well I have decided that BH is a winner here, we are currently testing the sample and last night instead of mixing it with the Nutro I put a layer of BH on the bottom of the dogs bowls, two of them ate as normal and the other two picked out all the Nutro and ate the BH first :( They did eat the Nutro just had to have the BH first.

edited to add, I just realized my confusion in this thread was because there was another whole thread that I had posted in and I thought this was it. :thumbsup: Whoops!!

Edited by tlc

hey all :eek: Wow, heated discussion!

Just my 2c.... Any pet food that has been imported requires a permit and on that permit paperwork should be the source of all ingredients included so it shouldn't be too difficult to answer (although contacting the company directly would be the best way to go - I can't believe some of the nonsense I read online!!)...

Cheers.

You are totally correct here dog0267 re the imported foods having to say EXACTLY where the ingredients are sourced from, not so for Australian products unfortunately.

hey all :( Wow, heated discussion!

Just my 2c.... Any pet food that has been imported requires a permit and on that permit paperwork should be the source of all ingredients included so it shouldn't be too difficult to answer (although contacting the company directly would be the best way to go - I can't believe some of the nonsense I read online!!)...

Cheers.

You are totally correct here dog0267 re the imported foods having to say EXACTLY where the ingredients are sourced from, not so for Australian products unfortunately.

Don't you just hate that with our Human food...always says on the can/package "from local & imported ingredients"....I for one, would love to know where my food comes from ...what bit is local & what bit is imported & from where :thumbsup:

hey all :laugh: Wow, heated discussion!

Cheers.

Don't you just hate that with our Human food...always says on the can/package "from local & imported ingredients"....I for one, would love to know where my food comes from ...what bit is local & what bit is imported & from where :rofl:

Even things like herbs and spices being irratiated as is some Qld fruit. Be nice to be able to make more informed choices.

Sorry, back to topic.

:laugh:

Edited by Sagittarian

• 3 months later...

Im really keen to try BH.

Just asking a question here, so other can see the answer if they are interested.

Is the chondroitin sourced from shark cartilage? Supplements like Sashas Blend use shark cartilage and the product Glyde uses bovine cartilage, so I'm interested in the source BH uses.

The source of the chondroitin is as important to me as buying free range eggs. :rofl:

Hi Jakemon

The Glucosamine in Black Hawk Holistic is sourced from Shark Cartledge.

Regards

Sherel

Im really keen to try BH.

Just asking a question here, so other can see the answer if they are interested.

Is the chondroitin sourced from shark cartilage? Supplements like Sashas Blend use shark cartilage and the product Glyde uses bovine cartilage, so I'm interested in the source BH uses.

The source of the chondroitin is as important to me as buying free range eggs. ;)