What Breed?

Diane J

As a rule neither myself or my daughter would ever approach a strange dog, but these dogs displayed no signs whatsoever to make me concerned for either of our safety. I know dogs (I've owned rottweillers and dogo argentinos for many many years) and know how to read them. These dogs were a perfect example of beautiful temperament and if I were their owner, I would be damn proud of these dogs (and I plan on telling the owner once I track him down at the gym).

Fact is, I observed them (we were parked in front of their car) and the dogs, especially the female were excited to see us and both put out their paws as if to call us to them. It would've been rude not to say hello to these gorgeous dogs :confused:

This reminds me of one time I was at the show looking at the dogs and a beautiful golden retriever just jumped up on me (with no encouragement on my behalf). There were signs everywhere saying "don't pat the dogs" but I don't think anyone had told him that. I'm just standing there with this golden retriever's paws on my shoulders with my hands out saying "I'm not touching him" lol.

Know lots of locals up my way who have dogs of this type.

My best guess : They look like typical pig hunting breeding - usually mastiff X Dane (sometimes they breed them back to boxers to get a more compact dog or even to deerhounds to get more speed if they hunt deer) - often referred to as a bull/arab..

Know lots of locals up my way who have dogs of this type.

My best guess : They look like typical pig hunting breeding - usually mastiff X Dane (sometimes they breed them back to boxers to get a more compact dog or even to deerhounds to get more speed if they hunt deer) - often referred to as a bull/arab..

As far as I am aware a Bull Arab is a Bull Terrier / Greyhound / Pointer that has been around for years, with no Mastiff or Deer/ Stag/ Wolf Hound or Boxer in their lines.

To me if it is not a Bull Arab it is a X Breed Pig Dog...

JMO

Ash...

As a rule neither myself or my daughter would ever approach a strange dog, but these dogs displayed no signs whatsoever to make me concerned for either of our safety. I know dogs (I've owned rottweillers and dogo argentinos for many many years) and know how to read them. These dogs were a perfect example of beautiful temperament and if I were their owner, I would be damn proud of these dogs (and I plan on telling the owner once I track him down at the gym).

Fact is, I observed them (we were parked in front of their car) and the dogs, especially the female were excited to see us and both put out their paws as if to call us to them. It would've been rude not to say hello to these gorgeous dogs :rofl:

This reminds me of one time I was at the show looking at the dogs and a beautiful golden retriever just jumped up on me (with no encouragement on my behalf). There were signs everywhere saying "don't pat the dogs" but I don't think anyone had told him that. I'm just standing there with this golden retriever's paws on my shoulders with my hands out saying "I'm not touching him" lol.

LOVE IT :rofl:

(I've owned rottweillers and dogo argentinos for many many years) and know how to read them.

Wow. Are they your dogos in your avatar? Great looking dogs.

I wouldnt let a kid go near dogs in a ute either. This time it all worked out well - next time it may not. Anyway, beautiful looking pooches, and the kid is pretty cute too :laugh: .

(I've owned rottweillers and dogo argentinos for many many years) and know how to read them.

Wow. Are they your dogos in your avatar? Great looking dogs.

I wouldnt let a kid go near dogs in a ute either. This time it all worked out well - next time it may not. Anyway, beautiful looking pooches, and the kid is pretty cute too :) .

Yes they sure are. The dogo argentino is the most amazing breed and I can't wait until we move back to Spain to own them again. The bond between our boy Kostya and my daughter Angel is unbelievable.

Kostya, Bella & Casper II in Spain

ddb6dc50.jpg

1916bdcd.jpg

Bella

20091218_16.jpg

Kostya after his long flight from Thailand to Spain

kosarrival3.jpg

Kostya meeting Casper II and Bella after his long flight.

koscasbella.jpg

And our old boy Kostya, who has been with our daughter since the beginning. Can't wait to see him, Casper & Bella when we go back to Spain for a visit at the end of the year.

angel_kos1.jpg

angel_kos3.jpg

angel_kos4.jpg

angel_kos5.jpg

Our girl Zoe (RIP)

angel_zoe1.jpg