Anyone Else Finding This With The Drontal Puppy Wormers

PopantelF here is several dollars cheaper than Drontal.

Excelpet wormers never worked on my babies. My first ever little I gave them some, no wormy poo's. 2 weeks later, drontal was used and there was lots of large wormy poo's.

That explains it then, disappointing that Exelpet continues to be sold and yet may not work at all! I used Exelpet the last couple of times for my dogs, which is basically every 3 months.....I felt that I was doing the right thing by them, obbviously not....I guess its a case of buying some Drontal and seeing what the end result produces.

PopantelF here is several dollars cheaper than Drontal.

Excelpet wormers never worked on my babies. My first ever little I gave them some, no wormy poo's. 2 weeks later, drontal was used and there was lots of large wormy poo's.

I got onto Pets Megastore,lot cheaper here.I had to leave a message but wanted to ask what is the difference with Popantel & P F,the latter is the more expensive,does the plain P one worm for every-thing or not?

For those that may be interested 10 tabs/10kg is only $35.00

I use this

QTY:

$144.76

inc GST within Australia

Paratak Plus Broad Spectrum Wormer for Dogs

Manufacturer: Bomac Animal Health Pty Ltd

Composition Praziquantel 50 mg, pyrantel embonate 140 mg, oxantel embonate 545 mg.

Use for the treatment and control of roundworms (Toxacara sp., Toxascaris leonina), hookworms (Uncinaria stenocephala and Ancylostoma sp.), whipworms (Trichuris vulpis) and adult tapeworms (Taenia sp., Dipylidium caninum, Spirometra erinacei and Echinococcus granulosus) in dogs.

Warnings Dogs should not be fed raw offal from any species. If worm problems persist, consult a veterinary surgeon. For Dipylidium caninum control, adequate flea control should be maintained.

Dosage and Administration For oral use only. Can be administered into the mouth or crushed and added to food. 1 tablet/10 kg bodyweight.

Roundworms, hookworms. Treat at 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks of age and thereafter every twelve weeks.

Whipworms. Treat every six to eight weeks after 12 weeks of age.

Tapeworms (excluding hydatids). Treat every twelve weeks from 12 weeks of age.

Spirometra erinacei. Treat by administering at four times the normal dose rate.

one of the popantels only does tapeworms. PopantalF does all worms except heartworm.

I did notice they sell one for TAPE WORMS so got thinking does this one I now have not do tape worms,yet they say on this packet in front of me ALL WORMER for dogs,misleading & confusing,says this on the site also.

It is important fur kidz are covered because I know hook worms do kill.I learnt that 2 years ago with a 12 week old puppy I bought,had no idea how important until she died after a week on the drip in hospital....dreadful long week.Breeder still in denial. :shrug:

Many many every day people have no idea worms kill,chew up the intestines.

I had only had her home 4 days,waited 4 years for her.....whole new thread!!

Interesting topic - and on a related issue I found that bitches that were on Heartguard Plus (which is supposed to treat roundworm) still passed round worm on to their pups.

I couldn't understand that even if some roundworm were not in the gut at the time, why repeated monthly use of Heartguard Plus would not eventually eliminate any worms the bitch may have if not reinfected from her environment.

I got told all sorts of explanations from the company etc. but eventually was told by a vet to use Interceptor and I would not have the problem.

It seems that, like the puppy suspension v's the Drontal tablet issue, there is also a BIG difference between heartworm/all wormers (except tapeworm).

So wormers are not always wormers!!!