Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh no Minxy that sucks :laugh: boooo. Hope you get your invitations done though :rofl:

So so far it is just -

At 12 noon:

Me + Phoenix

GG85 + Lexie

Possibly in the arvo:

Dandy + Raz

Hey GG, maybe you can PM anyone who has shown interest earlier in the week so we can confirm numbers and food...?

ETA - As Scarlett also said earlier I am always up for play dates in between regular Brisbane meets. Weekends I am happy to travel anywhere, weekdays I can do late arvo in the local area!

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

well im up for a play date if i dont make sunday :rofl: i can do weekends and arvos also :laugh:

Yay! We are close by so should catch up one day for a play date. Also always keen to walk at Daisy Hill on a weekend as well. Have you been to the old quarry at Daisy Hill?

um what old quarry? i do walk through the forest, i've never seen a quarry :thumbsup: yep am definately up for walks :)

There is a quarry at the back of the Reserve near the Shailer's property. Its now full of water and is a mini lake ;)

Here is some piccies I took in Jan when we were there, you can't really see the whole thing though just Keira in the water

164584_10150122122726844_615356843_7790511_4392059_n.jpg

165626_10150122122841844_615356843_7790512_924502_n.jpg

Wait I found one :rofl:

990bd54c.jpg

Sorry thread hijack :p

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

i've just gone through my calendar... im pretty busy this month obviously not this weekend, but maybe the following sunday arvo? will have to confirm as it gets closer, you sure get out and about, how do u find all these places?

Anzac park is good but can be busy... so it's a bit of a toss up! There is a big dog and a small dog area though, and some agility equipment...

The place for Sunday looks awesome! I'll be there with the boys, seeing as I'm working Fri & Sat! Yay!

Do we have directions for how to get there??

i've just gone through my calendar... im pretty busy this month obviously not this weekend, but maybe the following sunday arvo? will have to confirm as it gets closer, you sure get out and about, how do u find all these places?

Sometimes people tell me about them sometimes I just research and find them :thumbsup: I am always looking out for more places to take my furbabies!

So Sunday week the 13th? I have nothing on that day so that is fine for me! You have my number too so you can always text me as it gets closer to let me know if you can or can't do it!

Anzac park is good but can be busy... so it's a bit of a toss up! There is a big dog and a small dog area though, and some agility equipment...

The place for Sunday looks awesome! I'll be there with the boys, seeing as I'm working Fri & Sat! Yay!

Do we have directions for how to get there??

Hey Flick

Glad your coming! Just yourself + 2 doggies?

Ok directions. Its on Pizzey Dr, Mermaid Waters, its not overly hard to get to. There is a few exits to take off the Pac Motorway, so best thing to do is look it up on the day or use your GPS and decide the best way for you to go, otherwise I am happy to meet people around the Southside somewhere and you can follow me.

Here is a map anywho and the End sign is where the carpark for the lake/doggie area is. Up where Cotesloe and Oceanic Dr meet there is a round about, Pizzey Dr comes off that round about.

map.jpg

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

I have totally missed this thread!!! I've subscribed to the updates so hope to meet you all soon!

:confused: we cant seem to find anywhere decent in central brisbane :laugh:

New Farm dog park (near the Powerhouse is good) and all the dogs are well behaved :laugh:

What about Victoria Park in Spring Hill? I've been taking Bobbi there for a walk, but because we just move I'm not too sure about weekends. The off leash area is pretty decent and so far everyone has been really friendly. Would love to have a meet somewhere within walking distance since we don't have a car :)

Anyway, I'm planning to go there this weekend. Will give an update next Monday :love:

Victoria Park - is that the park behind the swimming/diving complex? Its pretty! We went there alot for a while, there are packs of Snauzers that have regular visits on Saturday mornings there, so unless we want to compete with them, I'm up for Sunday avo outings!

Sammie & Asti

I am more than happy to organise an inner city meet. Even if that what everyone wants to do for April...?

But as GG said need ample parking because we have to drive in from the outer suburbs.

If someone can suss that out and get back to us that would be awesome! I would but I drive a gas guzzler and well its getting kinda expensive LOL

i would of loved to have come to this one! lucy would love the water!

unfortunately, on friday the vet found a lump the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen. she had an ultrasound on tuesday, which showed it was a tumour and looked like it was attached to the bowel. went into surgery yesterday morning, and thankfully they discovered the ultrasound/xray's were wrong and it wasn't actually attached to the bowel. still waiting on the results, but so far so good. unfortunately she'll be out of action for at least 2 weeks. can't even take her outside not on a lead in case she runs :thumbsup: so good that she came home today though!! she'll prob look funny still at the april meet after being shaved lol

i would of loved to have come to this one! lucy would love the water!

unfortunately, on friday the vet found a lump the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen. she had an ultrasound on tuesday, which showed it was a tumour and looked like it was attached to the bowel. went into surgery yesterday morning, and thankfully they discovered the ultrasound/xray's were wrong and it wasn't actually attached to the bowel. still waiting on the results, but so far so good. unfortunately she'll be out of action for at least 2 weeks. can't even take her outside not on a lead in case she runs :thumbsup: so good that she came home today though!! she'll prob look funny still at the april meet after being shaved lol

Oh no I hope she is OK!!

Look forward to meeting Lucy and you at the April meet though! What area are you in?

Ok so its just the 3 of us(me, GG and Flick) and 4 dogs??

Ok so I will bring bread rolls and cold meat and salad (ie: tomata, lettuce, carrot) to go with it and some softdrink. Can you guys bring like a fruit salad or potato salad or pasta salad? And maybe each bring a soft drink or something to drink whatever you want. Also whay cold meat do you prefer - turkey, ham, roast beef???