Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its up to everyone, if your not keen for Colmslie its all good, will be good for down the track maybe towards the end of the year. River seemed ok and I would say any pollutants would be well out to see now but everyone has to be comfortable with it so allllll gooood.

SD - Where is the one at Wakerley you are talking about?

ETA - Just read about one at Elanora Park, Wynnum apparently its the size of a footy field, so would be similar to Kroll last week maybe a tad smaller. Might be worth me checking out this weekend....?

ETAA - OK I know Northsiders are not necessarily keen on a drive to the GC but there is a place that looks PAWFECCCT for us it is fenced, agility epuipment and a lake for the Doglets to swim in ;). Its Pizzey Park, Marmaid Waters, I am attaching piccies below. Maybe we can make a day of it...? Get there around lunch, have a BBQ or picnic type thing and stay for a few hours. Just an idea anyways ;)

Pizzey-Park-agility.jpg

Pizzey-Park-lake-shore.jpg

here is a council map thingy showing the area http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/attachment...rcise_pizzy.pdf

There is also another one called Dog Island @ Elanora http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/attachment...se-eddykorn.pdf

And piccies

DI-landscape-3.jpg

Agillity-eqpmt-DI.jpg

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Hey guys,

I have found a good one in the Logan Area

http://www.thereporter.com.au/story/2011/0...a-dogs-day-out/

Its 3000 square metres so around 3/4 acre which is pretty big, my yard is 1/4 so I can sort of visualize the size. Plus it has all new equipment etc. Read the story apparently it cost $55,000 :( to do. And brand new!

Its in Logan Central.

I'm keen to give them all a go, we can work our way through them. (And find some northside parks as well). I still like the idea of Colmslie as I'd be going for the park and not the water anyway. But they all sound good, so it's good to have a list of some options where we can try a new one each time maybe.

Im keen on the Mermaid Waters one, I think its a great idea to make a day of it, we can probably even stop in at the spit and let the doggies run in the ocean!

I wont be in town for the April one, so if everyone else is Southside feel free to make it a Southside meet lol

Im going to start PMing anyone who has shown interest for the month, that way we might not get as many people forget lol, if you are interested add your name to the list, Ill pop everyone a PM on the Thursday before to remind everyone

March meet

1 - GG85 with Lexi

2 - K&P with Phoenix

3 - Dandy with Raz (will be late)

4 - F_M with

I'll bring a crate or two and alternate my boys so they behave themselves....

I mentioned today to GG85 that Louie has some on-lead aggression (anxiety based), but he is fine if there is a 'soft' introduction (we've been working with a behaviourist). e.g. walking side-by-side or crating then letting free when everyone's a bit calmer and no nose-to-nose introductions if possible.

I don't want this meet to be a bad experience for anyone so we won't come if it's going to be a busy meet (doubtful going on past history!?) If we do come, please don't hesitate to let me know if you're uncomfortable with me bringing him or him meeting your dog/s. I'm pretty on top of things with his behaviour, and like to have him meet other well balanced dogs, with owners who understand behaviour!

Thanks for the therapy session!

ETA - so that'll be me with Banjo and Louie all going to plan!

Edited by Flick_Mac

I mentioned today to GG85 that Louie has some on-lead aggression (anxiety based), but he is fine if there is a 'soft' introduction (we've been working with a behaviourist). e.g. walking side-by-side or crating then letting free when everyone's a bit calmer and no nose-to-nose introductions if possible.

I don't want this meet to be a bad experience for anyone so we won't come if it's going to be a busy meet (doubtful going on past history!?) If we do come, please don't hesitate to let me know if you're uncomfortable with me bringing him or him meeting your dog/s. I'm pretty on top of things with his behaviour, and like to have him meet other well balanced dogs, with owners who understand behaviour!

Hey Flick,

It won't be big I doubt we will have many more than 6 -7 if we are lucky :thumbsup:

I am comfortable with you bringing Louie no problems, as I said to you yesterday (maybe you were talking to me not GG85 LOL) that I have had the same issue with my older dog so completely understand. As long as everyone is aware and keeps an eye on there dogs I doubt there will be issues, and if you bring a crate you can always crate him if he is playing up :laugh:

Someone asked about the fencing, I am unsure at this stage but will probably take a trip down to check it out this week as I am on holidays, so me and Phi will go for a ride and have a look at the park and make sure its fully fenced etc and I will let you know as soon as I get back :)

Can't wait will be a good meet.

Re: Food I will check if there is BBQ's and get back to you also then we can start planning who will bring what food as well. Thanks.

Hey Flick,

It won't be big I doubt we will have many more than 6 -7 if we are lucky :thumbsup:

I am comfortable with you bringing Louie no problems, as I said to you yesterday (maybe you were talking to me not GG85 LOL) that I have had the same issue with my older dog so completely understand. As long as everyone is aware and keeps an eye on there dogs I doubt there will be issues, and if you bring a crate you can always crate him if he is playing up :laugh:

Someone asked about the fencing, I am unsure at this stage but will probably take a trip down to check it out this week as I am on holidays, so me and Phi will go for a ride and have a look at the park and make sure its fully fenced etc and I will let you know as soon as I get back :)

Can't wait will be a good meet.

Re: Food I will check if there is BBQ's and get back to you also then we can start planning who will bring what food as well. Thanks.

Yeah lol that wasnt me you were talking to, I was the one with Lexi, K&P had Tess at woofstock :thumbsup:

I wont be bringing Tess to the meet so Im happy for you to bring Louie

Im going to start PMing anyone who has shown interest for the month, that way we might not get as many people forget lol, if you are interested add your name to the list, Ill pop everyone a PM on the Thursday before to remind everyone

March meet

1 - GG85 with Lexi

2 - K&P with Phoenix

3 - Dandy with Raz (will be late)

4 - Flick with Louie and Banjo

5 - Minxy with Kyojin

Updated list