Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

Oops yep it was - sorry! I was looking at who had which dog!

He's not 'aggressive' as such - he'll just snap/growl if meeting nose to nose. If the other dog tells him off he'll back right off, and is normally fine apart from that.

Yay! I'm excited now! Just praying I don't have to work!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold Coast! :) Crikey! When are there going to be central Brisbane meets, it takes me an hour to go north and an hour to go south, I can't win. :laugh: (Technically, this time, it's not even Brisbane, it's 100km away from Brisbane)

Edited by Dju

What about Victoria Park in Spring Hill? I've been taking Bobbi there for a walk, but because we just move I'm not too sure about weekends. The off leash area is pretty decent and so far everyone has been really friendly. Would love to have a meet somewhere within walking distance since we don't have a car ;)

Anyway, I'm planning to go there this weekend. Will give an update next Monday :)

Gold Coast! :cool: Crikey! When are there going to be central Brisbane meets, it takes me an hour to go north and an hour to go south, I can't win. ;) (Technically, this time, it's not even Brisbane, it's 100km away from Brisbane)

I hope to get along to some meets also, but Kroll Gardens would have taken me an hour and a half. Gold Coast will prob be the same. I am west too, Flick_mac. Benson is an honorary Shar Pei :( and we are often going to the Pei meets at parks, so he's comfortable with other dogs :) . Our last meet was at a dog park at Kalinga (not Kallangur). It wasn't too busy, and was fully fenced. Don't know the name of it though.

Hi. We can't make the March meet. We have plans.

We used to head to Highgate Hill dog park because it was a bit quieter on a weekend (5pm was always a winner and still allowed a couple of hours play time). I also had someone mention Anzsac Park Toowong as being ok too.

I'd bee keen to check out Colmslie too- if anyone ones a doggie playdate in the interim PM me.

Ok All,

So the park was great. The Agility area is fully fenced, its not massive but its nice and shady because there is a small pine forest next to it. Its only 50 metres walk from there to the edge of the lake. No fencing around the lake but the park is actually situated well away from main roads at least a 1 km I would say, the lake is close to a road but it is only used for accessing the sporting fields and park and there is not much movement on it and anyone who is driving on it is only driving very slow, the other side of the road is bordered by the canal (the canal and lake are NOT connected in any way). The lake is good, its got a small beach like area where dogs who don't want to swim can splash around in the shallows and get their feet/legs wet, enough room to throw a ball along the shallows for the dogs to chase but plenty of room for dogs who want to have a proper swim. You can also walk around the whole lake its takes about 15 mins. There are ducks on the lake so just be aware if your dog has a high prey drive. I will be bringing a 30ft lunge rein to use with Phoenix and depending on how the day is going may or may not let her off but at least with that she can get in the water and muck around without me having to get in with her LOL.

There is a toilet block only 200 metres from the lake etc. There is a BBQ but it wasn't very clean. There is also two covered patio type areas with seating and tables. Regarding food it might be too hot for anything BBQ'd and was thinking maybe we could bring cold meats, bread, salad, fruit salad, pasta salad etc for eating.....?

Also thought I would mention there were a few dogs around but they were ALL very well mannered, none of them rushed up to me and Phoenix including a beautiful Stafford who was running around in the water (I actually complimented the owners on what a fabulous job they had done with him) most people that use the area seem to be people who have well behaved dogs because they have their dogs off leash in a non fenced area doing laps around the lake or swimming. No one used the agility area really except the Stafford owner for like 5 mins.

ETA - There is also ample parking for everyone :rofl:

OK so see piccies below -

Agility Area with toilet block in the background

DSC00634.jpg

View to the lake from the agility area (you can see the tables/patio and bbq)

DSC00635.jpg

Another view from the agility area to lake

DSC00636.jpg

Lake shore area

DSC00637.jpg

More lake shore area

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

View from patio area towards BBQ and agility area

DSC00642.jpg

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

wow this place looks awesome :D ill try to get there, keira ill add ur no to my phone, ill txt you if/when im coming or if im not gonna make it at all, it looks perfect for my water baby

I hope you make it!!!! I want to see Raz get in and swim LOL. What time does Top Gear start and finish? I should know my brothers are going LOL oh well.

Wish I could take Keira I know she would love it. I might take her another time when there won't be so many dogs around and put her on the lunge rein. Hopefully having the water to swim in and chase balls will keep her distracted. Might actually do her some good.

I can't wait !! :rofl:

Can everyone start replying with if they are coming, if there are going to be there for 12 noon? How many people ie just 1 or 1 plus OH etc?

So we can start organising food and who is bringing what. Thanks!

top gear starts at 11am, i dont know how long it goes for, but if my family want to do something together after i prob wont make it at all :D

raz is the cutest swimmer :D he sure has a blast in water, can pple swim in the lake too? if i cant come we might have to do it another month so i can check it out :rofl:

Edited by dandybrush