Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

Anyone keen for an impromptu next Saturday? It seems to be a day people are free. Not bothered where. Suggestions if you're keen.

On a side note is the Whites Hill dog park closed? I'm at Tarragindi and drive past most days and wasn't sure if it was open.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone keen for an impromptu next Saturday? It seems to be a day people are free. Not bothered where. Suggestions if you're keen.

On a side note is the Whites Hill dog park closed? I'm at Tarragindi and drive past most days and wasn't sure if it was open.

Well I have no plans for next Saturday so I am keen :rofl:

I am not fussed where either.

Not sure about Whites hill, I went out 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was open. Nothing on the BCC website.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Ooh, we are free! :rofl:

i drove past tonight. i think it's just roadworks. it looks like where it goes from one lane to 2 they're widening so it'll be 2 lanes further back from the lights.

it looked like the dog park was still open, but couldn't see anyone, but it was late in the day. would be a pain in the butt to try and cross the road to get in, you'd need to walk up to almost the lights to cross, as where you'd normally cross from the carpark has that council fencing along the edge of the road.

altho, whilst i've never tried, i think you can access the park by parking in the back streets behind the park, ok i just looked it up on whereis how to go the back way.

from boundary road, turn left onto cav road (heading south, away from the city), take a left into the first street (Opal St, it's near a bus stop and opposite the high school, just past the pedestrian lights), turn right into Sapphire St, then left into Topaz St. The far end of Topaz is a no through road, and should have a walk way up to the park (indicated by the dotted line on the map for those that wanna look)

phoenix top gear was a good show :) i really enjoyed myself, then we went lunch, it just worked out to be too late to make the play date :rofl: will see you next sunday then

Hey Dandy, glad you had a good afternoon!! Sucks you missed it I am sure Raz would have had a fantastic time!!

Its was really good, not overly busy and all the dogs were very polite. The dogs all provided us with a lot of laughs. Lexie who basically refused to swim went on a massive mission across half the lake TWICE chasing ducks! Pheonix decided after lunch that Louie's lead was the best toy ever and was pulling on it,meanwhile Louie is inadvertently playing tug-o-war with Phoenix as he tries to swim out and get the ball. Got a few pics and I know Flick did also. Just uploading to photobucket, will post shortly!

Ok so here are some of the photos and here is a link to my photobucket page where you can view all of them as I can't really be bothered posting all :)

(sorry I didn't do any editing yet to pretty them up) http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee495/...;cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Lexie in her lifejacket

DSC00645.jpg

Banjo and Louie

DSC00659.jpg

Phi and Louie

DSC00660.jpg

Lexie

DSC00662.jpg

Louie

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee495/...11/DSC00664.jpg

Louie playing tig-o-war without actually knowing he is LOL

DSC00670.jpg

I caught a big one LOOK

DSC00668.jpg

Pouncing in the water

DSC00674.jpg

Lexie, Banjo and Louie

DSC00650.jpg

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Thanks guys! I had an awesome time... the dogs are bathed and DEAD on my bedroom floor!

I'll post some piccies when I get around to uploading them tonight (hopefully)!

Yes Phoenix got a bath and Keira did too while I was at it.

I know what you mean by dead, Phi is sound asleep next to me on the bed. LOL

aww love the pics- looks like it was fun! Love the lifejacket- i wanted one for Scarlett

Whites Hill park is nice and big, but happy to go where ever is easy for others. I like to try and find quiet dog parks (if they exist). We have had a few 'interesting' experiences where people take their dogs and the owners don't pay any attention to their dogs. Scarlett doesn't mind, I get kinda annoyed!

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-...parks/index.htm has a list by suburb.

aww love the pics- looks like it was fun! Love the lifejacket- i wanted one for Scarlett

Whites Hill park is nice and big, but happy to go where ever is easy for others. I like to try and find quiet dog parks (if they exist). We have had a few 'interesting' experiences where people take their dogs and the owners don't pay any attention to their dogs. Scarlett doesn't mind, I get kinda annoyed!

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-...parks/index.htm has a list by suburb.

Yeah it was fantastic Scarlett. The dogs had loads of fun and I was even able to let Phi off lead after lunch she was being such a good girl.

Yeah the list is good but it doesn't really give much of a description of the park so its hard to tell what your getting into unless you go and look like I did the other week. If someone wants to a suggest a park they have been to that was good then that might be the best way.

Yeah it is annoying when people think it is ok to just let there dog do whatever while they have a chat!

Ok - here are my photos! Phoenix out-goobers Louie in most of them!

5502113250_abe5c62cbe.jpg

5502112756_4f89e91140.jpg

5501519217_b65624ca10.jpg

5501518735_089e6eeef8.jpg

5501518317_f61eede24a.jpg

5502110964_0c93ee7bcf.jpg

5502110258_640a94a3e5.jpg

Lexie mid-shake while still in the water... smart girl!

:laugh: ;) SO true, look at her the bloody goober. Its ok for me to copy these photos hay? So long as I leave your watermark? They are fantastic, better action shots then I got!