Regular Brisbane Meet

GoldenGirl85

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm on the look out for 'quiet' dog parks but it's hard to tell what times they are busy without having to stalk the place. i think late afternoon tends to be ok if you can find a decent place (i.e enough space to if more dogs are there there's room to move away if they're not polite)

@ K&P Where did Phi get her energy from after playgroup? Scarlett crashes for nearly 3 hours afterwards (and you've seen how much she walks around)

i'm on the look out for 'quiet' dog parks but it's hard to tell what times they are busy without having to stalk the place. i think late afternoon tends to be ok if you can find a decent place (i.e enough space to if more dogs are there there's room to move away if they're not polite)

@ K&P Where did Phi get her energy from after playgroup? Scarlett crashes for nearly 3 hours afterwards (and you've seen how much she walks around)

The only place I have been too so far that is like that (quiet with room to get away from rude dogs) was Kroll (Redcliffe). But I was reading about one that is like 3 acres....hmm I can't remember where it was, will have to look it up and see if I can fine it again.

But that is part of the reason we liked the Reservoir we went to yesterday because its a nice bushwalk to an awesome swimming area for the dogs and us and there was barely anyone around and we only saw a couple dogs, we were able to let Phi and Raz off at the Res to have a swim and a play, it was really good. We are going to try and do it often.

Umm I use Energizer batteries instead of regular batteries?!?!? LOL Honestly I have no clue, she was pretty sleepy in the car on the way home from playgroup and at home for the hour we had before meeting Dandy but as soon as we got there she was all go again. She slept like a log last night through.

ETA: I am wondering if Phi is as sore as me lol, my legs are all stiff.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

hey collielover it looks like our next planned meet is April 3rd, and it's either northside or possibly west side somewhere (location not yet decided i believe)

watch this space though cause girls on here are always organising play dates when free :)

phoenix and i may be going bak to swim with the dogs at the daisy hill quarry on sunday if you are interested (i think phoenix will go weather i go or not)

I like the sound of the reservoir! And if we can swim even better! Do we have a date for the next meet?

PS K&P did you get my email with the pics from last Sunday in it?

Yes, I did thanks Flick. I was trying to get around to emailing you back.

Re: next meet what Dandy said 3rd April.

hey collielover it looks like our next planned meet is April 3rd, and it's either northside or possibly west side somewhere (location not yet decided i believe)

watch this space though cause girls on here are always organising play dates when free :)

phoenix and i may be going bak to swim with the dogs at the daisy hill quarry on sunday if you are interested (i think phoenix will go weather i go or not)

I think we were going to do westside because no one by GG really comes from the north and we have a few westsiders who would like to make a meet but still waiting on suggestions of good parks out that way.

Yep I will be going for a walk/swim with Phi on Sunday no matter what. Anyone is welcome to join me, just either let me know here or PM me.

Depending on what I'm doing on Sunday I might be up for a swim/walk KP. Let me know where and when and I can let you know what's going on.

:) well Its Daisy Hill Logan area near the hyperdome. And will look at going about 230/3ish again :)

I might come if I feel up to it after my drive home

no location decided yet for the April meet?

its not thaaaaaat close to the hyperdome, its further north...

Well the forest is less than 10 mins drive from the Hyperdome. But yes it is about 2 exits before the Hyperdome exit heading from the city.

Depending on what I'm doing on Sunday I might be up for a swim/walk KP. Let me know where and when and I can let you know what's going on.

:) well Its Daisy Hill Logan area near the hyperdome. And will look at going about 230/3ish again :)

Awesome. You have my # so let me know ;)

Nope not yet. I am not fussed either way. I just know there was at least 1 DOLer who was from out west who wanted to make a meet so thought we could do something out that way.

Otherwise there is that park just recently done up in Logan Central that we could try out. I posted a link to a news story about it prior to that March meet when I was trying to find somewhere good.

That might be ok for Westsiders???

ETA: here is the link http://www.thereporter.com.au/story/2011/0...a-dogs-day-out/

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Well the forest is less than 10 mins drive from the Hyperdome. But yes it is about 2 exits before the Hyperdome exit heading from the city.

:hug: well Its Daisy Hill Logan area near the hyperdome. And will look at going about 230/3ish again :)

Awesome. You have my # so let me know :)

Nope not yet. I am not fussed either way. I just know there was at least 1 DOLer who was from out west who wanted to make a meet so thought we could do something out that way.

Otherwise there is that park just recently done up in Logan Central that we could try out. I posted a link to a news story about it prior to that March meet when I was trying to find somewhere good.

ETA: here is the link http://www.thereporter.com.au/story/2011/0...a-dogs-day-out/

I don't think you'll want to go to that one (at least not at the usual meet times). That is the new location for the Husky and Malamute meet ups that used to go on every Sunday arvo at Oxley park. They've now moved to that new Logan park (so they'll be there at the same time) We've been to one meet with them when Kyojin was younger but it probably wouldn't be suitable for a meet for all of us since it's a very large group of huge dogs with strong personalities. So you might want to try that one on a Saturday or something.

haha 10 mins!! wow i didnt realise we were that close to it :)

LOL yeah it isn't far

:hug: well Its Daisy Hill Logan area near the hyperdome. And will look at going about 230/3ish again :)

Awesome. You have my # so let me know :eat:

I don't think you'll want to go to that one (at least not at the usual meet times). That is the new location for the Husky and Malamute meet ups that used to go on every Sunday arvo at Oxley park. They've now moved to that new Logan park (so they'll be there at the same time) We've been to one meet with them when Kyojin was younger but it probably wouldn't be suitable for a meet for all of us since it's a very large group of huge dogs with strong personalities. So you might want to try that one on a Saturday or something.

Ahh thanks Kyojin. I was wondering where they were doing there stuff now as Oxley got flooded. I was hoping to go to their next weight pull for a look see. Wonder if they will be holding it there....hmm

Yep I will be going for a walk/swim with Phi on Sunday no matter what. Anyone is welcome to join me, just either let me know here or PM me.

I would love to join Keira&Phoenix on Sunday. However, as mentioned in a previous post, I can't drive due to a medical condition. So, if anyone is going on Sunday and happens to be driving past the Mt Gravatt East area and would be willing to collect me and my dog, it would be great if they could let me know. I would bring one of my greyhounds (desexed friendly female).

But I totally understand that it might not be convenient for anyone to collect us - just thought I'd check :hug:

Kitt.

We probably can't do Sundays for a bit. Scarlett has recall class Sunday morning then playgroup Sunday lunch so she's cactus after that- normally so am I!

Happy to head West for the April meet. You know me, happy to head any direction!

@Dandy I just realised your Raz is an Urban dog too- i have seen his puppy pics on the urban page on facebook- TOO CUTE!

thank you scarlet, i do love my baby :o:(

im sorry have i seen pics of you pup? my memory isnt working atm and i cant remember if i've seen your dog :D

if i decide to go i'll pm you and maybe i can pick you up :laugh: but i wont confirm till sunday sorry

We probably can't do Sundays for a bit. Scarlett has recall class Sunday morning then playgroup Sunday lunch so she's cactus after that- normally so am I!

Happy to head West for the April meet. You know me, happy to head any direction!

@Dandy I just realised your Raz is an Urban dog too- i have seen his puppy pics on the urban page on facebook- TOO CUTE!

I'm still keen for an April meet too. Myself and Flick_Mac are west...not sure about anyone else. Ams may even make an appearance :( (depending on work).