Goodbye My Tough Old Man

Cheyenne_Fury

I haven't visited DOL for quite awhile and not a great reason to return, but wanted to say goodbye to my dearly loved boy and thought this was the best place to do it...

The story of Murray doesn't begin when I met him, he was a tough as nails Beagle with real attitude when he came into my life 6 years ago at around the age of 8. I adopted him thinking that an older dog would be more settled, less likely to want to roam and have a calming effect on my then 18 month old Dalmatian... I couldn't have been more wrong :laugh:

Not only did he escape as often as he could, he was an expert bench surfer from way back and quite a few nights stole what was to be dinner for the human's of the household :love:

Over the years he mellowed quite a lot, got very grey almost white in the face and was quite happy to stay at home and keep me company.

He wasn't really a people's dog as such, wasn't in your face and needing your attention all the time like my other two, but was quite happy just to know that you were there. Completely different story if you had food that he considered was good enough for him to want though :)

He passed quietly at home and really quite sudden and not expected at all. He waited for me to get home though and I was with him till the end and I'm sure in some way he knows how much he is loved and what an impact he had on all that knew him.

Run free my tough old Beag, there are no fences to keep you in now and no smells you can't explore.

Murray

DSCN20801.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Not overly fond of the beach

Murraywater.jpg

Bench Surfer Extradonaire

Puppas060.jpg

Beagle With Attitude

Puppas032.jpg

Edited by Cheyenne_Fury

That would have to be one of the most beautiful old faces I have ever seen :laugh:

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can imagine he will leave quite a hole in your family for a while.

Run free gorgeous boy - I have been told they have the best stuff on the bench tops over the bridge!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Murray was very special and will never be able to be replaced. He was a typical Beagle right until the end and I loved him all that much more for it. He certainly was a character all his own and there will never be another like him.

Hi CF ....

Nice to see you back but under not so good circumstances.... Dear old Murray, i remember hearing all about his escapades and the things he used to get up to :(

Run free Murray :cry: you will be sadly missed .

Thanks LWC I wish it had of been happier circumstances that saw my return to DOL. Murray certainly was a character and made me laugh more than a few times with his escapades and I am lucky to have those memories to look back on :laugh:

:D :o Run free dear muzzy boy, it was a pleasure to have known you and a pleasure to witness your expert bench surfing skills on several occasions :(

Thinking of you Anne

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts Tam. He has left a very big hole in my life but will not forgotten.

Oh CF I am so sorry :(

I remember reading about Murray - so sad to see this news :)

Thanks CBL he was very loved and will be missed greatly.