A Great Rescue Story About Two Pit Bulls And Their Pups

Mila's Mum

http://vimeo.com/13394773

Several weeks after seven puppies were rescued from the woods, Karma Rescue returns to catch their feral parents.

The dogs were completely unapproachable, running away at the first sight of humans. Karma Rescue borrowed a trap and returned to the golf course each morning to see if the parents took the bait.

Watch the true nature of Pit Bulls unfold as they come into contact with humans for the fist time in almost 2 years.

Edited by Mila's Mum

Thank you for posting this. The looks on the faces of these dear dogs says it all...... And the battleworn face of Chester just brought tears to my eyes having been through so much and yet so trusting. And Birdie giving her rescuer a kiss when reunited with her mate. The animal world can sure teach us a lot and I have nothing but admiration for anyone who works in the field of rescue wherever they may be.

Angels all of them

Very touching. An update would be great :rofl: , must go to the website.

The thing to remember is that those rescuers would be giving out so many loving and compassionate vibes that the dogs would be picking up on that through their fear. That said, I would take a guess they were pretty good dogs to start with. Had they been dreadfully abused, maybe no amount of love and compassion would have broken through the barriers.

Lovely story.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I don't have sound atm and only watched until he had a bath, but I don't get the big deal? Stray dog was caught and not aggressive, how is that news worthy? He's obviously been someones pet in the past and is still being fed substantially somehow by the looks of him. Sweet dog though.

I don't have sound atm and only watched until he had a bath, but I don't get the big deal? Stray dog was caught and not aggressive, how is that news worthy? He's obviously been someones pet in the past and is still being fed substantially somehow by the looks of him. Sweet dog though.

These dogs have been living wild for a long time. The people involved rescued their pups a few weeks earlier but couldnt get near the adults who were acting like wild dogs, apparently.

The male dog has been providing food for the mother and pups (when they arrived). He has scars all over his muzzle, infected ears, infected eyes and entropian eyelids. His skin was pretty bad too due to massive flea infestation. He may have been in dog fights or might have just got all the scars from a previous bad owner or from living tough on the streets. The dog was in a fair bit of pain they said.

The female was also covered in fleas but otherwise okay.

The point was that these dogs could easily have been vicious when they were quite the opposite.

It was not a "news" story as such - it's a video that was made to help promote the rescue group that were involved in rescuing this family of dogs. And was also a promo for pittys.

I thought it was a fantastic video.

Gorgeous dogs...Chester was in absolutely stunning condition

Lovely story but, shoot me if ya like I don't mind, it almost seemed a little "faked". They said that that would have been the first time Chester had a lead on, well why didn't he buck and stuff. I have seen well loved adult family dogs get a lead on for the first time (after having been off lead walked) and go berserk about it so youd think a stray would too. And they were extremely accepting of the man within such a short time...I dunno, maybe I am just a skeptic but personally, I don't think the dogs were feral for very long.

However, lovely story regardless and definitely nice to see something happy about pittys.

Gorgeous dogs...Chester was in absolutely stunning condition

Lovely story but, shoot me if ya like I don't mind, it almost seemed a little "faked". They said that that would have been the first time Chester had a lead on, well why didn't he buck and stuff. I have seen well loved adult family dogs get a lead on for the first time (after having been off lead walked) and go berserk about it so youd think a stray would too. And they were extremely accepting of the man within such a short time...I dunno, maybe I am just a skeptic but personally, I don't think the dogs were feral for very long.

However, lovely story regardless and definitely nice to see something happy about pittys.

Yeah i don't think they'd been feral for all that long, but all pitbulls that i've known would've been weary at first then fine within a few minutes once they've sussed out the person.

Which is exactly what chester was like, total love for people.