Washing A Soft Crate

~*Shell*~

Over winter Zero's crate has taken a bit of a beating, having gotten wet several times and not been opened up and aired out to dry. Needless to say, it's starting to smell a little musty and it looks a worse for wear. Does anyone wash their soft crates? If so, how do you do it? Zero's crate is huge (122cms) and I don't think it'll fit in my washing machine. There is the option of taking it to the laundromat to run it through one of their industrial washing machines but having never done that, I'm not too sure how it'll go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stiff brush, gentle cleaning solution and a hose Shell, and sit it up on the line to dry out thoroughly afterwards.

You can remove the skin and HAND wash it, but you really shouldn't have to and in my experience you will find it easier to do a better job cleaning it on the erected frame.

Just ensure you leave it erected for a few days to really completely dry out and note that the skin may tighten temporarily again. :vomit:

I agree! I have a huge crate for my greyhounds and I set it up on the concrete and use a bucket of disinfectant and bleach and wash it then hose it off leaving it up until completely dry then put away as normal. I do mine about ever 6 weeks casue it travels alot lololol :vomit: