I Need A Good Camera

Dju

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, still can't figure out which camera to get :rofl:

Go to ebay and buy the Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR for $250... Get a compact camera and a lithium battery.. but nothing comes with it.

Go to that place I found and buy the Olympus on the first page for $260... Get a bulky camera and AA batteries but it comes with everything under the sun.

I'm so conflicted!

All this talk over jpg not being good enough.

Tell that to Shireen Hammond and Ian Golding (google them) two photographers who shoot only jpg (yes on SLR, but it's still just a jpg image).

Oh goody. Does that mean I don't have to do it anymore? :)

All this talk over jpg not being good enough.

Tell that to Shireen Hammond and Ian Golding (google them) two photographers who shoot only jpg (yes on SLR, but it's still just a jpg image).

Oh goody. Does that mean I don't have to do it anymore? :laugh:

I shoot RAW because I'm not Ian Golding or Shireen Hammond :)

You know trying to convince me that jpg is better or just as good as png is like telling a person who likes white bread that they should have wholegrain instead. It's just a preference, am I allowed to have those? :D

After much searching on the internet, I went back to the Canon Powershot G11. I like it but over my budget. More thinking on what to get, but I look at the sample images of most cameras and they either show them at a terribly unhelpful SUPER ZOOM size that is hard to judge unless you print it out, or an even more unhelpful normal-sized, but super compressed jpg image which has fuzzies all over the place so I don't know if it's the camera doing that or the jpg.

And again I find myself floating back to the Olympus SP-600UZ, but that has the HUGE and inconvenient problem of batteries, I hate using AA batteries! It's like I'd rather stick with taking photos on my crappy Razr V3 phone than buy something and have it beat the camera phone in all aspects but potentially not live up to my expectations :laugh:

We used to eat white bread here. Changed to wholemeal during the year. Now whenever I eat white bread I think it tastes like glue. (true story)

Point is, things change and sometimes you learn to like it.

I don't shoot in jpg, however I'm not the one who is trying to get super awesome files on a seriously small budget. If you were a customer when I was working in retail you would be the type of person I would talk about during a lunch break then start bashing my head against the table. Yes, it is more than likely possible to find what you want, but it's frustrating as hell getting to the decision (and you keep ignoring reasonable advice along the way.)

You have a compromise to make - go the canon and spend more money or go the olympus and use AA's.

Now for some advice that I'm sure will be ignored, There's nothing wrong with rechargeable AA's. They will last a full day of shooting just make sure you have a spare set ready to roll. However if you hate them that much, spend the extra money and get the camera that will make you happy. If you were a customer, I would be telling you to spend the extra money, not because it's a bigger sale but because you seem like the type of person who would come back to the store constantly to complain about the horrible camera you were sold that takes AA batteries and that it wasn't what you wanted but you bought it anyway.