• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

They are so nice! I really wanted one but my practical side took over and said save the extra money for more lenses. :laugh: My OH is getting me a low pro back pack for xmas, its one where you can fit heaps of stuff so hopefully I will be able to take all I need to my sessions and not have my tiny lowpro overflowing. :laugh:

Make sure you post some photos if you get it.

They are so nice! I really wanted one but my practical side took over and said save the extra money for more lenses. :laugh: My OH is getting me a low pro back pack for xmas, its one where you can fit heaps of stuff so hopefully I will be able to take all I need to my sessions and not have my tiny lowpro overflowing. :laugh:

Make sure you post some photos if you get it.

I had a low pro backpack but it went missing when I moved back down to Canberra in August 2011..

Lucky for me that I had the camera and lenses with me int he small bag. I had the backpack packed in a box with heaps of padding. It had my tripod, speed light, books, filters and other bits and pieces...

The porteen bags are divine. I have one of the smaller ones but I really like the bigger one.

Yeah, I didn't think they looked that much bigger either. I wanted a backpack, but without the traditional backpack look. This one is much bigger than my porteen and I can fit purse, phone and even tablet in there too. The KM one has - D700 with 50mm attached, 85mm, 24mm, 105mm and flash. Also, the padding comes out and it works as a normal handbag.

Thats one gorgeous bag Huga, Love the colour. The one I am getting is the boring old traditional low pro back pack, but I just told Hubby about the Porteen Gear one and he said would you rather have a battery grip, so I said hell yes. :laugh:

Yeah, I didn't think they looked that much bigger either. I wanted a backpack, but without the traditional backpack look. This one is much bigger than my porteen and I can fit purse, phone and even tablet in there too. The KM one has - D700 with 50mm attached, 85mm, 24mm, 105mm and flash. Also, the padding comes out and it works as a normal handbag.

That sounds perfect.

I only have the 7D, 50mm, 15-85mm and 100mm macro lens..

I need to get another flash, as mine was knocked off last year. And a tripod..

I love my porteen bag, but if I am going anywhere where I think it will be windy or dusty, I don't take it. With it only having the flap for closure and not a zippered closure, I just don't feel like the camera is protected enough against dirt etc. I use my lowpro backpack then.

• 3 weeks later...

I love my porteen bag, but if I am going anywhere where I think it will be windy or dusty, I don't take it. With it only having the flap for closure and not a zippered closure, I just don't feel like the camera is protected enough against dirt etc. I use my lowpro backpack then.

I have held off buying one for that very reason. They look good but only if you're in paved, concreted, bitumend civilisation. I'm mostly in the country where we still have grass and pollen and dirt and water.

Has anyone tried using something like this in a normal handbag you want to use as a camera bag? I'd love to know if they still provide decent protection because the possibilities are endless if you could just move them between bags. Potentially much cheaper too!

Padded inserts

I found them after stumbling across a blog this morning: How to make your own camera bag. This really interests me but it means I'd have to get my sewing machine out and learn how to use it :D

• 2 years later...

So I know this thread is a few years old but I stumbled across it when doing a search on Camera Bags and have now fallen in love with the 'Porteen Bag'....! So gorgeous! Just wondering to those of you which have this bag, what are you thoughts on them now? Still going strong? Or are there better options out there?

I have just bought my first DSLR - Canon 70D and figured I should buy a bag too... I like the idea that these are more feminine and don't scream 'camera bag' ... but the only negative I can see (apart from a bit pricey) is not having a zipper to keep everything secure and dust free...

Still use mine however many years later :D Only for when I just need the one body and a lens or two. For weddings I cart around more gear and have a ginormous Hold Fast Roamographer for that.