Please Pray For Chase

Kaffy Magee

Im sitting here awaiting a call from the vet, so thought I would post here and ask for everyone to pray for my little man.

Chase, my 5 month old bullmastiff pup was inside with me today, I let him out for a toilet break, after about half - three quarters of an hour I called him back in. I gave him a treat for coming when called which he took. He came hopped on his bed and started to throw up. My first thought was treat went down wrong way, so opened door to let him out to throw up, and he was struggling, He lost all control fell down the steps and continued trying to throw up. I lifted him upside down to try and help and also tried putting my fingers down his throat before I realised he needed some serious help. I had to half drag him to the car. by this stage he was a dead weight. He lay lifeless on my back seat, before convulsing and bleeding from the mouth all the way to the vets. I got him there just in time and yelled for them to help me get him in there. They didnt know I was coming because Id left my phone at home. They put a tube down his throat and put him on fluids and he is now stable but still critical. The vet tells me he has had a severe reaction to something...really? I would never have guessed! Being tested for snake bite now, but my other thought is anaphylctic reaction to a bee. The vet says he had blood coming from his lungs, I know snake bite victims bleed internally, but what about bees?? My favourite vet was not in and Im stuck with the vet that I dont have a lot of confidence in. I can not believe how quick he went down hill. From the first sign of something being wrong to being almost dead was maybe a minute, tops.

Please pray for him, that he pulls through, I can not believe he is still live, I honestly didnt think he would make it to the vets. I wont tell you how fast I drove, as it was stupid, and I dont need any flaming right now but I cant help but think if I didnt drive as fast as I did he most certainly would be dead right now.

Here is a pic of my little man a couple of weeks ago. He won baby in specialty show that day :0)

post-4991-1287554330_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kaffy Magee

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. :laugh::laugh: I am desperately hoping Chase pulls through. He is stunning, just beautiful. What a terrible shock. I know nothing about bee stings etc. sorry. I've been known to speed in an emergency, I know of course that we are not supossed to......

I am praying for him and hoping like crazy he is OK. You are amazing getting him to help like you did, amazing.

Please God don't take little Chase.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxx

Thank you everyone. I cant stop crying for my little Chazzy Boy, it was so sudden. Hanging for that phone call from the vet.

Does anyone know how long it takes for snake bite to take effect? He could have been bitten earlier this morning while in his run. I let him in at about 1pm i think and first symptoms showed just before 3. Either way we will know for sure soon.Waiting waiting waiting........