What Do People Feed Their Dogs?

Some success! I've bought the BARF patties. Madam Fussy pants has eaten half a patty last night and another this morning. She should be eating 2 patties a day but I'm happy as long as she eats anything at this stage.

I know the feeling!!

Perhaps "Madame" would like Truffles on that :rofl:

Can you send us a photo of Madame?

Me thinks a spoilt little#####& has Mummy around her little fingers.

I usually give mine My Dog with liver for breakfast,of course heated,this am I decided I would put egg with as well for a change,well they all turned their noses up FLB.If I was eating egg they'd all want it & leave me none.

Always BARF of some kind for dinner.

I would now stick to the same kind of BARF patties.....don't change it,on to a good thing stick to it.They probably don't need as much variety as we think they do.

My 'Madam' hated the Barf patties! Wouldn't even try them.

Think I've pretty much tried every kibble now and she isn't impressed by any of them. She did crack me up this morning though, she got her kibble first and then followed me along to the other dog's bowls to see what they were getting! She also eats with a look on her face like I am poisoning her.

She will eat bones, mince and Phuds though. Likes sardines but on the side not in the Phuds!

Madam is on the chicken BARF patties and the evil beagle is having beef BARF patties. Madam is actually her daddy's little girl! She has him totally wrapped round her paw! Ok maybe me aswell! :rofl:

A picture as requested

post-26285-1287967932_thumb.jpg

post-26285-1287967996_thumb.jpg

Edited by claireybell

My Labs will eat a brick if they could my BC cross is the most painfull eater in the world - he likes to take his time and eat each bickie 1 at a time, and gaze about - whata life - even with 3 Labs sitting infront of him drooling in hope he wont finish. generally he takes about 20min to finish a feed - the Labs take about 20 seconds! Kids !!!!!

I feed Nutro + raw beef or roo with frozen or raw vegie. Alternatively chicken carcass, raw fish, necks(chook or turkey) + meaty bones. They wont starve - even Mr fussy pants doesnt starve. Mind you he is the leanest of everyone!

Edited by Tapua

Hi there,

I agree with Ellz & Aziah, the more you change her food around the less likely she is going to eat it, they are like kids, she will just keep waiting until you give her something she likes.

Now that you have decieded on the Barf patties stick with them, no doubt she will grow tired of them soon enough, just don't change them now, shew will not starve herself.

Tell her Misty would be ashamed of her !!!!!!!! She would eat sawdust if I put sauce on it!!!!!

SB we're sticking to the BARF now. If she wont eat it too bad she goes hungry. Everyone keeps tellimg what gobbledocks Cockers are. Jesie must be broken! :rofl: The evil beagle would eat poo if I put it in her bowl! LOL She's not fussy at all. But Madame Fussy Pants is more of a challenge. Its a good thing she is totally adorable!

My Labs will eat a brick if they could my BC cross is the most painfull eater in the world - he likes to take his time and eat each bickie 1 at a time, and gaze about - whata life - even with 3 Labs sitting infront of him drooling in hope he wont finish. generally he takes about 20min to finish a feed - the Labs take about 20 seconds! Kids !!!!!

I feed Nutro + raw beef or roo with frozen or raw vegie. Alternatively chicken carcass, raw fish, necks(chook or turkey) + meaty bones. They wont starve - even Mr fussy pants doesnt starve. Mind you he is the leanest of everyone!

OMG that is just what me border pup is like! One piece of kibble at a time. It takes ages for her to finish and the older 2 then line up and wait for whatever she doesn't finish.

Some success! I've bought the BARF patties. Madam Fussy pants has eaten half a patty last night and another this morning. She should be eating 2 patties a day but I'm happy as long as she eats anything at this stage.

I think you may be surprisd. It doesn't tkae much Barf to put weight on some dogs. If you can move her onto the Lamb, that will fill her out.

Honestly, stuffing around trying to find foods that a dog "likes" is a waste of time and money.

Dogs eat to live, not live to eat. They don't have sophisticated taste buds. Their taste buds are nowhere near as developed as their noses but a healthy dog will eat whatever it is given.

I would suggest that if the vet says there is nothing visibly wrong that you are just making a rod for your own back by chopping and changing foods.

Seriously, that dog is playing you big time!

I can imagine some dogs trying to outsmart their owner knowing that if they turn their nose up at what is offered they stand to get something that is more to their liking....and given that they have a heightened sense of smell, I would imagine that their nose will steer them in the direction that best appeals to them, lol. In some cases it is simply a case of "spoilt dog syndrome" but in other cases it could very well be a case of a dog refusing to eat a particular food because it may not agree with them,,,,

I definitely believe in the BARF diet and my dogs have never been healthier.....unless absolutely necessary, I will never revert back to a commercial diet. On the BARF diet, the dog's poop does not smell anywhere near as much as dogs that are fed a commercial diet, the poop is small and solid instead of resembling cow dung and I can actually see what I am feeding them without any scepticism and best of all it is by far cheaper.

I think you may be surprisd. It doesn't tkae much Barf to put weight on some dogs. If you can move her onto the Lamb, that will fill her out.

I'd love to try the lamb but whenever either of my dogs have anything lamb they do the most horrible stinky farts! :shrug:

I'd love to try the lamb but whenever either of my dogs have anything lamb they do the most horrible stinky farts! :crazy:

Oh - ok. It may not be the best for them.

I've been adding a tablspoon of Yoghurt to my dogs breakky most mornings. Might be woth a try. :crazy:

Umm...smaller dog .....maybe a dessertspoon? :shrug:

I can imagine some dogs trying to outsmart their owner knowing that if they turn their nose up at what is offered they stand to get something that is more to their liking....and given that they have a heightened sense of smell, I would imagine that their nose will steer them in the direction that best appeals to them, lol. In some cases it is simply a case of "spoilt dog syndrome" but in other cases it could very well be a case of a dog refusing to eat a particular food because it may not agree with them,,,,

Dogs are simply NOT sophisticated enough to know if something doesn't agree with them. They are dogs and last time I looked, none of them have medical degrees or were dieticians.

If a dog will eat shit and rotting stuff, you cannot honestly tell me that the nose is steering it in the direction of something that is good for them! :thumbsup:

I've had dogs all my life, I've been breeding and exhibiting dogs since 1986. I've had less than a handful of dogs with "true" dietary issues and I've taken on a few whose previous owners said they were "picky" eaters. ALL will eat when they are hungry enough provided they are basically healthy....no matter WHAT food is on offer.

I'm over stuffing around trying to please dog palates. They eat what they are given here, and eat it promptly otherwise it either gets taken away or is eaten by somebody else who isn't as slow. They soon learn that mealtime is a short and necessary event!

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! She has eaten breakfast and dinner for two days straight!!!! :laugh: I noticed yesterday that she had a slight ear infection (yeast) so have been giving her drops for her ears and she is eating so well. She even went back to her bowl this morning and licked it after she'd emptied it which is something she never does.

Madam is on the chicken BARF patties and the evil beagle is having beef BARF patties. Madam is actually her daddy's little girl! She has him totally wrapped round her paw! Ok maybe me aswell! :laugh:

A picture as requested

MMMM Madam,she does have that snooty royal look about her,my sister had a fussy one as well....same colour too.Mine won't eat the BARf commercial.Of course Madam would probably not like the ordinary barf either.........oh no it has to be the expensive patties.

ETA.I certainly know my dogs :bottom: I thought it was a Poodle forgotten it was a Spaniel!

Edited by bridie