Pit Bull/amstaff Difference

klw

Thanks for that geo, I've always enjoyed your responses. And as I watched this topic become increasingly off tangent , I learned you were/are in fact, a bystander - someone who doesn't own a pittie, but sees how it is really just a slippery slope. More non-pit owners should have an open mind like you. Because it's you guys that ultimately feel the pain as well (and have more pull politically).

When one of the tactics of the anti-BSL lobby was to offer governments statistics claiming that other dog breeds were more dangerous, is it any wonder they stood on their own?

I disagreed with those tactics and many others employed. None of them worked but they kept flogging deceased equines all over the country.

I have a very open mind and live in the one place in Australia where its still legal to own an APBT without restriction. I"ll fight to keep it that way but not using the tactics of old.

Absolutely!

:confused::laugh:

Take the B.S. out of the anti BSL fight. Get people onside instead of offside.

It is the only way to be successful.

I agree and probably about the most useful thing you ever said.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current boy is 19 inches on the dot. There are plenty that are definitely far bigger. For me, any difference of more than 10% is too much. Regardless of breed.

What is the judge supposed to do with open ended standards?

Bull Terriers are same.

No gazetted height or weight limits.

At least the AST standard does stipulate a ''preferable'' height with proportional weight.

Judges should at least start at ''preferable'' & work from there.

''Preferable'' doesn't necessary guarentee success of course. There are many other features to consider.

So what to think about the UKC APBT standard with 100% differential in the weight?

Sorry, couldn't resist the opening. :confused:

Maybe lobby for some change and consistency.'Preferable height with proportional weight' What a joke,if thats not open ended I dont know what is.Your post reeks of hypocrisy.

Speaking of ACT, poodlefan: Does the ACT have any dog bite statistics (I know, dreaded statistics!) that are available to the public? As you said, as the only state where APBT can be owned without restriction, I'm sure they have the most accurate breed identification (and subsequent stats) of any state. It would be nice to send those stats off to councils of other states to show them how well things are going in a state without BSL. Clearly, you guys have been doing something right down there to avoid the tide that's swept up the rest of the Eastern States.

I'm not sure the ACT is better at breed ID than anywhere else. Its just that no dog's life hangs on the process.

We're a Territory - only about 300,000 folk. About 42,000 dogs I believe.

Bite stats? I've never looked into it. I don't think there's much publically available but I might dig around.

Yes and as i have said before that will change.Dont get me wrong i dont want to see it happen but it will happen in time.Tasmania fell and the NT and ACT will too dont fool yourself it wont.

Thanks for that geo, I've always enjoyed your responses. And as I watched this topic become increasingly off tangent , I learned you were/are in fact, a bystander - someone who doesn't own a pittie, but sees how it is really just a slippery slope. More non-pit owners should have an open mind like you. Because it's you guys that ultimately feel the pain as well (and have more pull politically).

When one of the tactics of the anti-BSL lobby was to offer governments statistics claiming that other dog breeds were more dangerous, is it any wonder they stood on their own?

I disagreed with those tactics and many others employed. None of them worked but they kept flogging deceased equines all over the country.

I have a very open mind and live in the one place in Australia where its still legal to own an APBT without restriction. I"ll fight to keep it that way but not using the tactics of old.

Absolutely!

Wiseguy, it's funny you agree with this (which i do too), yet in another of your posts you said that if an SBT or cross attacks a person then it is a pitbull!! your reasoning being it could never be a pure bred SBT that would attack a human. Therefore you're doing exactly what it is here that you're deploring :laugh: hypocrite.

Show me where?

Never, ever have I said such a thing. I have not even thought such rubbish.

You should get your facts straight before you accuse anyone of being a hypocrite.

More uninformed drivel.

Will it ever end?

EDIT.

To those who came in late.

BSL was not a sudden event. It was the final act of a long playing trilogy.

Pitbull owners in NSW had their chances to avoid the spectre of BSL. They ignored the warnings.

Then they became the targets of the volatile mix of a fed up, irate public & a politician trying to deflect heat from his lame duck administration.

They gave Bob Carr a chance to appear like he was doing something, & he took it.

After ignoring the chance to retain their dogs, to continue breeding, selling, trading for the sake of proper confinement & muzzles in public they were left screaming their tits off when the hammer fell.

You can't really feel a lot of sympathy for people who spit in your eye.

What happened in one state is not the same for the rest of the country yet every "State premier said We are just coming into line with the rest of the country".If that doesnt smack of conspiracy I dont know what does.Keep drinking the kool aid brother.

Absolutely!

Wiseguy, it's funny you agree with this (which i do too), yet in another of your posts you said that if an SBT or cross attacks a person then it is a pitbull!! your reasoning being it could never be a pure bred SBT that would attack a human. Therefore you're doing exactly what it is here that you're deploring :laugh: hypocrite.

Show me where?

You should get your facts straight before you accuse anyone of being a hypocrite.

More uninformed drivel.

Will it ever end?

Wiseguy, 24th Feb 2011 BSL forum, page 9 of Hon. D. Boyle Kill amstaffs thread..

I quote. "If the incident involves another dog, I'm sorry the owner didn't keep his stafford under control. If the incident involves a person, I am sorry again the stafford is copping the blame for the deeds of some bogans pitbull".

So if a dog attacks a person that looks like a SBT, your words imply it isn't a SBT but a pitbull...?

Your words not mine. Please explain if this isn't what you mean.

So you did say it, my facts are straight, and IMO you were being hypocritical.

Time after time I'm saying I'll help you and SBT's just post something positive like a solution that we can all get on board with, instead of bloody whinging.

That is exactly what he means.Deflecting the blame the same as he accuses us of doing.

Absolutely!

Show me where?

More uninformed drivel.

Will it ever end?

Wiseguy, 24th Feb 2011 BSL forum, page 9 of Hon. D. Boyle Kill amstaffs thread..

I quote. "If the incident involves another dog, I'm sorry the owner didn't keep his stafford under control. If the incident involves a person, I am sorry again the stafford is copping the blame for the deeds of some bogans pitbull".

So if a dog attacks a person that looks like a SBT, your words imply it isn't a SBT but a pitbull...?

Time after time I'm saying I'll help you and SBT's just post something positive like a solution that we can all get on board with, instead of bloody whinging.

Quite simple really.

I thought anyone with reasonable powers of comprehension would have known.

The SBT victims of these oft reported misrepresentation would have in any case.

Perhaps I have over estimated you?

If a reported participant in a dog on dog incident is SBT, I accept the charge could quite possibly be correct.

Staffords can certainly be dog aggressive. there is not a SBT owner who would deny that.

In the case of anattack incident involving a human, show me the money?

I will bet London to a brick on it isn't a pure breed SBT.

Staffords, real ones, don't randomly attack people. Anyone who genuinely knows the breed would attest to that.

It's just another bogan protecting his sorry ass.

As is inevitably the case when the truth be known.

Kapish?

Recent tragedy in the UK, headline screamed ''SBT kills Grandchild''

Why did the SBT cop the rap?

Because that is what the owners told the press.

when the truth was known it was the poor little girls uncles ILLEGAL pitbull.

What do you call them over there? chavs?

A little kid pays the ultimate price for a morons fantasy.

But the lowlifes initial claim?

Was

Of course.

''He's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier''.

That is crap we have to put up with time after time.

And we have had enough.

'' and the good lord above created the world in 7 days..!!!''

6 days geo.

He rested on the seventh.

Wrong again pardner!

Join the club now you know how we feel every time there is a reported attack that is not correct.Funny when the boot is on the other foot isnt it and you wonder why you gain no favor.

If stats don't mean anything, why do you apparently put so much credence in them?

You introduce them into the discussion whenever it suits you. That's hypocritical. (your favourite word).

A blowin is anyone who arrives after the event & then proceeds to give advice &/or opinions about a subject they don't have a complete knowledge of. Nothing to do with residency.

To understand the end one has to have knowledge of the begining.

My concerns haven't changed. Neither has my direction.

Misrepresentation is the issue that most disgusts me. Lies, damn lies & STATISTICS. Thank you Mr B.D.

It was blatant misrepresentation that prompted me to comment. ''Misrepresentation'' being a polite alternative btw.

Misrepresentation of breed i.ds. & the facts concerning the implementation of the BSL.

You are obviously on the opposite side of the fence where truth & honesty is treated with distain.

The end does not justify the needs.

btw,

Australians are a unique creatures.

One isn't guranteed this blessing with a piece of paper.

Being Australian & being an Australian citizen are not the same thing. :confused:

No I was using stats that make a mockery of your belief that no pure bred SBT could attack a person. Same as you used attacks perpetrated by supposed apbt's to give your argument some scaremongering effect.

It's funny you never actually answer with a post that is in response to what I've asked you to prove. Same rubbish over and over.

I have never called an apbt a SBT, nor have i ever misrepresented a SBT.

I did not misrepresent the implementation of BSl in any way, not sure where you got that from.

I've mentioned what I've done for the breed in a small way, yet I get the feeling you're just an armchair commentator without the fortitude to get their hands dirty.

I hope you are unique amongst your Australian born, it seems your views are not restricted to animals when it comes to heritage and blood lines. hmmm.

So I was right about you being a hypocrite. You're ready to tarnish a breed already on it's last legs to save yours. but you agreed with PF's post, that makes you a HYPOCRITE!

I am not that owner in the UK, it hasn't happened here, and it is not every owner! to say you're putting up with this crap time and time again is complete lies and propaganda to protect yourself, look at the big picture.

You'll end up banning AST's as well the way you're going!

I was totally wrong about the lord making the world in 7 days and utterly apologise for my mistake.

Hypocrite?

I thought my opinions were quite obvious, I don't offer sychophantic answers while harbouring contrary ideas.

Tell it like it is. Whether you agree or not.

I played no part in the ''tarnishing'' of a ''breed''. That was completely self inflicted.

What you & your pitbull cronies fail to realise is that rules/ laws apply to everyone, not just those that agree with them

If your pitbull buddies had have complied with the initial rules set down they wouldn't be ''tarnished'' & reviled at all. They wouldn't have to suffer the BSL. They were to arrogant & ignorant to take the tip. Now they have to pay the piper.

They had their chances, they didn't take them.

I don't know how long you have been in the country, but there were horrific incidents involving ''pitbulls'' &, for the most part, children.

Two examples.

A little tacker walking home from school with his sister was attacked & mauled by a pitbull that jumped from the window of a dwelling & attacked him in front of mother. The dog was obviously out of its pen (if it had one) & should have been muzzled. (law)

A little girl was scalped by a pitbull when she approach a neighbours front door selling raffle tickets for her school. The owner opned the door, the dog attacked.

She had her scalp peeled from her forehead backwards toward the nape.

The reaction of people like you? Blame the parents. what sad people, really sad.

The tactic to take the heat off their ''breed''? Your pitbull people then denied their ''beloved'' ''breed'' & began calling them SBTs, xSBTs.

Judas'

I didn't ''tarnish the breed, you & yours did an admirable job of that all by yourselves.

The latest stratagem of course is, ''no one in the country can positvely ID a pit bull''. Pathetic.

And so ''the tarnish '' spreads.

''We'', despite your worst intentions, are endveavouring to prevent it spreading to ''Us''.

Hypocrite?

Look in the mirror.

Instead of posting crap post the truth and refernce you rmaterial if not close your mouth.

Absolutely!

Show me where?

More uninformed drivel.

Will it ever end?

That is exactly what he means.Deflecting the blame the same as he accuses us of doing.

i know, guess he didn't like that post as he can't argue with his own words. :love:

Look a quick search on google will also show many horrific SBT attacks. I'm not about to drag up horrific memories to serve my own purpose on a forum, I'll leave that low blow to you. Again nothing to do with me or "my people", but more likely a bad owner, and I certainly am not about to blame the parents.

I feel really sorry for you that you have to bring up horrific attacks like that to use those poor victims to prove a point on a forum. A point at which serves no purpose to your cause or indeed your argument.

11 months to December 2008 Freedom of Information: In Brisabne 145 SBT attacks, 13 AST, and 12 APBT. Now these include attacks on dogs. Each incident was thoroughly investigated taking an average of 37 days to complete, and that special care had to be taken especially when a dogs life or fine was on the line.

So by your reckoning none of those 145 SBT attacks couldn't of been by a pure bred SBT or on a person?. Again I'd happily fight these stats on your behalf to prove that it's not the breed but the deed and they do need to be investigated properly to ensure the attack and reasons why are recorded correctly.

The problem isn't responsible owners like yourself and I, but the many BYBers of SBT's, AST's and APBT's. SBT's must surely be one of the most popular breeds in Australia so more needs to be done on getting rid of BYBers, pet shops selling dogs, education etc etc..

Here's a challenge for you Wiseguy;

Post something positive. Try not to sling mud or call names. And thirdly, try to write a whole post without blaming the APBT for everything bad that is happening to the SBT, because it simply isn't true.

Puhleeeease,

What a pathetic reply,

"Don't bring up all they bad stuff the pitties did to in reply to my denial''.

Hypocrite,

It is obvious you weren't even in the country while this tragic drama played out.

It is obvious you weren't here when it seemed like every other day some innocent was chewed up by a pitbull.

It is obvious you weren't here when citizens buttonedholed their pollies demanding something be done.

It is obvious you don't comprehend that Joe Public not only demanded the BSL, he fully supports it because of the contempt for those JPs displayed by the pitty mob

It is obvious you have no idea of the circumstances that instigated the BSL in this country. Or any other country forr that matter.

It is obvious you don't comprehend that people, the victims, demanded the BSL.

It is obvious you support the misrepresentation of one ''breed'' to the detriment of others.

It is obvious truth, facts & playing fair are not on you agenda.

It is obvious ''we'' still need to watch our back.

For what it's worth, I have watched this drama unfold since the '80s when the pitbull first hit the headlines here as the meanest, fightingest dog on the planet!

Myth upon myth upon myth.

Puppies were selling for $10,000+

Redneck heaven. There wasn't enough puppies to go around.

It is obvious you weren't here then!

It was always a bomb with a wet wick.

Well, the wick finally burnt down, BOOM, the breed self destructed.

The pitty people could have snuffed out the wick at any time. They preferred to revel in the bad ass image.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Yes they demanded it alright becuase they were led down the garden path by a government agenda backed by media propaganda.Nothing more nothing less.Puppies selling for 10k each?LMAO.You are full of crap.I have been in them for the laong haul and have never ever ever seen any touted or sold for that price that is utter rubbish.

Edited by bulldogz4eva

Puhleeeease,

What a pathetic reply,

"Don't bring up all they bad stuff the pitties did to in reply to my denial''.

Hypocrite,

It is obvious you weren't even in the country while this tragic drama played out.

It is obvious you weren't here when it seemed like every other day some innocent was chewed up by a pitbull.

It is obvious you weren't here when citizens buttonedholed their pollies demanding something be done.

It is obvious you don't comprehend that Joe Public not only demanded the BSL, he fully supports it because of the contempt for those JPs displayed by the pitty mob

It is obvious you have no idea of the circumstances that instigated the BSL in this country. Or any other country forr that matter.

It is obvious you don't comprehend that people, the victims, demanded the BSL.

It is obvious you support the misrepresentation of one ''breed'' to the detriment of others.

It is obvious truth, facts & playing fair are not on you agenda.

It is obvious ''we'' still need to watch our back.

For what it's worth, I have watched this drama unfold since the '80s when the pitbull first hit the headlines here as the meanest, fightingest dog on the planet!

Myth upon myth upon myth.

Puppies were selling for $10,000+

Redneck heaven. There wasn't enough puppies to go around.

It is obvious you weren't here then!

It was always a bomb with a wet wick.

Well, the wick finally burnt down, BOOM, the breed self destructed.

The pitty people could have snuffed out the wick at any time. They preferred to revel in the bad ass image.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Ok guess you weren't up to the challenge, guess you never will be. Anyway while you wallow in self "pitty" I'll help the people who're keen on "moving forward" (sorry Julia).

I was in the UK when BSL played out there so I am well versed in it's effects, the victims etc.. so there goes that argument.

Re-read my previous post and try again, if you fail, get back on that keyboard and try again, because i know you can write a nice post.

Don't patronise me.

You are railing against an outcome without knowing the circumstances that brought it to be.

You aren't helping anyone by being in denial & spinning falsehoods, playing to the crowd.

Get out of the way & let the honest people trying to work through this with sensible, rational & open methods be.

Freddy the Fib has no place in the process.

You are only a nuisance.

BTW.

Why was the BSL introduced into the UK & various other places on the the globe at all?

Do you think it is a conspirasy without justification? That the people who have demanded it are just spiteful neville nobodies?

Do you think the the stories of the dog being unsuitable to be in the general population is a vicious rumour started by all those who were mauled by one?

Or did various legislators suddenly declare ''Hey, we have some time to fill in, let's ban a dog breed, put some names in a hat & we will draw one out''

That BSL doesn't work doesn't alter the reasons it was introduced.

The road to failure is paved with good intentions.

BTW2

How could 12 APBTs appear in your stats when nobody in the country can i.d. them?

So much for your stats.

Maybe you should look up patronising and hypocrite in the dictionary.You seem to wear the mantle pretty well.

Then of course there is the alternative when the lies, deceipt & misrepresentation are challenged & laid bare.

The bullying, & that old favourite,

The guilt trip. Sigh.

And then there's geo, who doesn't put any credibility in statistics yet has brought them to the fore, yet again.

Are the SBT listed in your gleefully posted stats all really pure breed SBTs geo? Highly unlikely. Could any possibly be ANKC registered pure breeds? Again, higly unlikely.

Repeat, Xbreeds are not Staffordshire Bull Terriers geo, & neither are pitbulls.

Bulldogs4eva if you reckon the $10,000 price tag is ''crap'', you haven't been ''interested '' in the ''breed'' as long as I have.

Because that is a stone cold fact. And there were many, many column inches devoted to the ''breed'' in all the classifieds at that time.

It was a bogan feeding frenzy.

BTW bulldogs4eva, do you muzzle your pitties when they are outside their required, defined minumum size, childproof pen as required by law?

If you actually have one at all that is?

Besides BD4E, how do know if you have pitties at all?

No one in the country can positively ID them, don't you know? :laugh:

Shoe on the other foot?

Not yet, despite your best despicable finger pointing efforts.

Then of course there is the alternative when the lies, deceipt & misrepresentation are challenged & laid bare.

The guilt trip. Sigh.

And then there's geo, who doesn't put any credibility in statistics yet has brought them to the fore, yet again.

Are the SBT listed in your gleefully posted stats all really pure breed SBTs geo? Highly unlikely. Could any possibly be ANKC registered pure breeds? Again, higly unlikely.

Repeat, Xbreeds are not Staffordshire Bull Terriers geo, & neither are pitbulls.

Bulldogs4eva if you reckon the $10,000 price tag is ''crap'', you haven't been ''interested '' in the ''breed'' as long as I have.

Because that is a stone cold fact. And there were many, many column inches devoted to the ''breed'' in all the classifieds at that time.

BTW bulldogs4eva, do you muzzle your pitties when they are outside their required, defined minumum size, childproof pen as required by law?

No one in the country can positively ID them, don't you know? :laugh:

Shoe on the other foot?

Did you even read any of my posts? Look I don't care if the SBT attacks were AKNC rego'd the point was that you where happy to attribute the SBT attacks to apbt.

It is you that is in denial if you believe not one of the 145 SBT's in the reported attacks was not pure bred!

This has been the whole crux of my issue with your posts.

I'm less interested in your "knowledge" of a breed which you chose to slander just because you don't like them or their owners.

In September last year an old lady was attacked by a SBT. The newspaper article (daily telegraph 30th sept) stated SBT but it was thought that the dog was really a pitbull, then a few lines later mentions the police confirmed the dog was SBT.

So without an ounce of proof the newspaper had to throw in the word pitbull for effect when in fact it had nothing to do with a pitbull whatsoever.

Now whether you believe that dog was pure bred or AKNC rego'd doesn't matter because the SBT name has already been tarnished by an irresponsible owner who has let the breed down, it was not let down by a pitbull owner. FACT

There is your misrepresentation wiseguy. Me thinks your dancing elephant should become a white elephant in honor of your argument.

I do remember the incident.

The dog was featured on the evening news.

The dog was not a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. it was much to big to be a genuine SBT.

I don't know if it was a pitbull, because there is no one in the country who can positively ID a pitbull, according to you, :) but it will do for one until we can find someone who can.

It's time for you to stop making things up. Your are very naughty boy.

I have no issue with pitbulls, or the people who own them. Misrepresention, of which you are a black belt, 3rd dan, is my concern.

I do wish you lot had the balls to cop your lumps instead of craveningly & maliciously apportioning, with out thought or concern of the consequences, your breeds problems to registered, recognised pure breeds they unforunately resemble.

I know why though, it isn't rocket science & it isn't even solely to protect your ''breed'', which is bad enough, it's mainly to protect your own sorry asses for ignoring the law regarding the keeping your dogs. Which is craven.

The BSL is in place whether you agree with it or not. It is law.

The restrictions imposed by it are very clear. Draconian? absolutely, but clear non the less.

Hence.

Pitbull?

''Nah, staffyX''

Have you really ever had a genuine Staffordshire Bull Terrier since you been in the country? I seriously doubt it, or are you one of the ''Pitbull?, nah, staffy'' miscreants?

This I suspect to be the case.

:thumbsup:

Edited by wiseguy

The guilt trip. Sigh.

No one in the country can positively ID them, don't you know? :thumbsup:

Shoe on the other foot?

Matey a little word of advice stop assuming.I have been "in" the breed not interested in the breed long before you so stop the pretence and get down from your high horse before you get knocked down.There have never been pup sold or advertised for that price that is fact.I personally know the origanl importers and the who was who along the way.i will hazard a guess you dont so go back to reading fairytales buddy.I will hazard a guess i have culled more dogs than you have owned becuase unlike you I am not a internet "wiseguy".

You dont need to worry what I do with my dogs as that is my business but you wont see mine on the 6 o clock news so no need to worry becuase i know how to keep them and give them what they need.i have been doing it for a couple of decades so i have it down pat.As for you statements about pitbull owners putting SBT's in the spotlight,I thought that is why you have your registry becuase your dogs are bred to such a high standard and all conform to the standard they are unmistakeable.Arent they?So how could a pitbull be mistaken for a SBT?If the standard is so good that is.The average show Staffordshire Bull Terrier does not resemble a Purebred American pitbull Terrier at all they.These days they look closer to an English Buldog. :):) :rolleyes: :mad

The guilt trip. Sigh.

Shoe on the other foot?

Matey a little word of advice stop assuming.I have been "in" the breed not interested in the breed long before you so stop the pretence and get down from your high horse before you get knocked down.There have never been pup sold or advertised for that price that is fact.I personally know the origanl importers and the who was who along the way.i will hazard a guess you dont so go back to reading fairytales buddy.I will hazard a guess i have culled more dogs than you have owned becuase unlike you I am not a internet "wiseguy".

You dont need to worry what I do with my dogs as that is my business but you wont see mine on the 6 o clock news so no need to worry becuase i know how to keep them and give them what they need.i have been doing it for a couple of decades so i have it down pat.As for you statements about pitbull owners putting SBT's in the spotlight,I thought that is why you have your registry becuase your dogs are bred to such a high standard and all conform to the standard they are unmistakeable.Arent they?So how could a pitbull be mistaken for a SBT?If the standard is so good that is.The average show Staffordshire Bull Terrier does not resemble a Purebred American pitbull Terrier at all they.These days they look closer to an English Buldog. :):) :rolleyes: :mad

Typical bogan speak indicates the answer to the questions is no.

I think you have shown you don't really have clue about the subject at hand. Let alone the problems to over come..

Nor do you have any idea regarding genuine recognised pure breeds.

No such thing as an ENGLISH Bulldog for starters.

$10,000 was correct, despite your claims. Bogan bucks.

Because threats & abuse are typical of your genre is why you & types just like you will be the death of the ''breed'', certainly not the salvation.

Those fighting so hard to convince anyone who will listen that these dogs are a family ''breed'' must cringe when they see what they are up against from within their own ranks. Any wonder the pure breed people are reluctant to become involved. Who would risk their beloved breeds by being seen to be associated with such an antisocial belligerent attitude. What chance do the dogs have?

That will do me, i'll leave you & geo to wallow in your fantasy world.

Good luck to the genuine pitty people, you are certainly going to need it.

Those who would attack me or mine are my enemy.

Something to think about.

I do remember the incident.

The dog was featured on the evening news.

The dog was not a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. it was much to big to be a genuine SBT.

I don't know if it was a pitbull, because there is no one in the country who can positively ID a pitbull, according to you, :) but it will do for one until we can find someone who can.

It's time for you to stop making things up. Your are very naughty boy.

I have no issue with pitbulls, or the people who own them. Misrepresention, of which you are a black belt, 3rd dan, is my concern.

I do wish you lot had the balls to cop your lumps instead of craveningly & maliciously apportioning, with out thought or concern of the consequences, your breeds problems to registered, recognised pure breeds they unforunately resemble.

I know why though, it isn't rocket science & it isn't even solely to protect your ''breed'', which is bad enough, it's mainly to protect your own sorry asses for ignoring the law regarding the keeping your dogs. Which is craven.

This I suspect to be the case.

It was too big eh? we all know that pure bred staffies can get taller than their breed standard, so another mute point. Same as many people commented on the size differences between AST's at AKNC shows.

Oh but it wasn't a pure bred... puhlease whether it is or not as i said doesn't matter! the damage to breed reputation has been doen and it wasn't a pitbull owner!!!! FACT

I have not made one thing up at all. FACT

I do not flaunt any BSL laws. Again another pointless comment from yourself.

The courts decided (not me) that the evidence given was not considered expert enough to prove id, mainly because of the physical similarities between an AST and APBT. Another sorry attempt, another mute point.

Please put some substance in your posts.

I have owned a purebred SBT. Another incorrect assumption.

EDIT; Maybe you're the first breed ID expert to use the evening news for your material, tell me were pictures front, side, back and come with measurements?

Edited by geo

The guilt trip. Sigh.

Shoe on the other foot?

You dont need to worry what I do with my dogs as that is my business but you wont see mine on the 6 o clock news so no need to worry becuase i know how to keep them and give them what they need.i have been doing it for a couple of decades so i have it down pat.As for you statements about pitbull owners putting SBT's in the spotlight,I thought that is why you have your registry becuase your dogs are bred to such a high standard and all conform to the standard they are unmistakeable.Arent they?So how could a pitbull be mistaken for a SBT?If the standard is so good that is.The average show Staffordshire Bull Terrier does not resemble a Purebred American pitbull Terrier at all they.These days they look closer to an English Buldog. :thumbsup::thumbsup::o:eek:

Typical bogan speak indicates the answer to the questions is no.

I think you have shown you don't really have clue about the subject at hand. Let alone the problems to over come..

Nor do you have any idea regarding genuine recognised pure breeds.

No such thing as an ENGLISH Bulldog for starters.

$10,000 was correct, despite your claims. Bogan bucks.

Because threats & abuse are typical of your genre is why you & types just like you will be the death of the ''breed'', certainly not the salvation.

Those fighting so hard to convince anyone who will listen that these dogs are a family ''breed'' must cringe when they see what they are up against from within their own ranks. Any wonder the pure breed people are reluctant to become involved. Who would risk their beloved breeds by being seen to be associated with such an antisocial belligerent attitude. What chance do the dogs have?

That will do me, i'll leave you & geo to wallow in your fantasy world.

Good luck to the genuine pitty people, you are certainly going to need it.

Those who would attack me or mine are my enemy.

Something to think about.

Keep spewing your vitriolic and trying to turn the argument around.You never answered my questions either so cut it out with the bogan speak as you dont have a clue what i do for a living and I will almost bet you that I earn a far greater living than yourself so save it.I made no threats the comment I made was metaphorically speaking about your high horse.Obviously it was lost on you.How about having a little intestinal fortitude and answering some questions instead of attacking with mistruths and fantasy.10 k was not correct never was you need to stop smoking wahtever it is you are smoking as i said I have been in the breed for a very long time and know the people who were there from the beginning and you dont.Sorry if that ruffles your feathers.How many American pitbull Terriers have you owned?How many Staffordshire Bull Terriers have you owned?

Oh and just for the record i know what a bulldog is.I use the word English to distinguish them from others just as people use the term English Mastff when they are just Mastiff I call A pitbull a bulldog just as I call an American bulldog a bulldog.I usually call the others fat useless slugs but English Bulldog is generally less offensive.

Edited by bulldogz4eva

:cheer:

:laugh:

I'll give you a leg up so you will at least know something.

Those ''fat useless slugs'' as you call them, are British Bulldogs.

There you go, you are on your way, now you at least know one fact.

Edited by wiseguy