Herding Talk Thread

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Just had someone tell me that a poodle is doing official herding in NSW. Poodles don't look to be on the approved list. Does anyone know anything about this?

Maybe it is just doing some training after all anyone can train, they just can not enter ANKC tests and trials.

The person insisted that the poodle was competing officially. Weird.

in the latest Poodle variety, USA, the Poodle club/association has started herding trials for Poodles, now that's in America not here I know but thought it was interesting :).

Now onto a totally different topic :D , getting really excited at the moment about 2 things #1 Izzi, Pebbles & Delta came home with 6x1st, 2x2nd 1 HIT & 1 R/U HIT & 5 titles between them at our last trial YAY love the girls :D .

#2 it's getting closer to the Dave Viklund clinic at our place, the paddocks cleaned up, fencing & gates are in place, sheep are getting nicely quiet, with my dogs at least & the smaller details are coming together :cheer: woohoo roll on July :dancingelephant:.

#2 it's getting closer to the Dave Viklund clinic at our place, the paddocks cleaned up, fencing & gates are in place, sheep are getting nicely quiet, with my dogs at least & the smaller details are coming together :cheer: woohoo roll on July :dancingelephant:.

Hi :wave:

Do you need participants at all for the clinic? Would love to learn! Or even observe!

I might as well just paste the details in here as technically its herding talk related -

Dave Viklund from Double V Stockdogs IS COMING TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA

FOR SOME HERDING CLINICS.

DATES: 20 + 21 JULY 2013 and 27 + 28 JULY 2013

To register your interest please email [email protected]

NOTE: Places will be confirmed once payment has been received.

I don't know much more then that but I am sure if you email herdingsa you will be able to find out further information.

I might as well just paste the details in here as technically its herding talk related -

Dave Viklund from Double V Stockdogs IS COMING TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA

FOR SOME HERDING CLINICS.

DATES: 20 + 21 JULY 2013 and 27 + 28 JULY 2013

To register your interest please email [email protected]

NOTE: Places will be confirmed once payment has been received.

I don't know much more then that but I am sure if you email herdingsa you will be able to find out further information.

thanks Ness couldn't get on yesterday, that's the contacts people so please come & watch or participate, herdingsa is doing all the bookings, it's at our, me & hubby's, place in Murray bridge, soooo looking forward to it :whee::rock: :D

I'm really appreciating all the herding training the kelps have done right now! The neighbours at the place we're living at now have about a dozen sheep right next to the dogs' main exercise paddock, and the kelpies haven't put a foot towards them since they arrived 6 weeks ago. Two years of training seems to have taught them when the sheep are 'theirs' and when they aren't :) I would hate to think the trouble we'd be having otherwise! :eek:

Just had someone tell me that a poodle is doing official herding in NSW. Poodles don't look to be on the approved list. Does anyone know anything about this?

Maybe it is just doing some training after all anyone can train, they just can not enter ANKC tests and trials.

I only just read this.

There are no poodles competing in ANKC trials in NSW and I haven't seen one at training - though I haven't been to evey training day.

There was a joke going round where we called a shaved almost totally black working BC a labradoodle.

I only just read this.

There are no poodles competing in ANKC trials in NSW and I haven't seen one at training - though I haven't been to evey training day.

There was a joke going round where we called a shaved almost totally black working BC a labradoodle.

The dog is a purebred standard poodle. Think it is shown too as she said something about it herding in its show clip.

I only just read this.

The dog is a purebred standard poodle. Think it is shown too as she said something about it herding in its show clip.

Definitely not competing in sheep herding - its not allowed. They may be doing treiball which can be called ball herding but its not an official sport yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Only 5 weeks untill the herding clinic :thumbsup: getting very excited now :whee:. Fencing all done, stones shifted, got portable yards all lined up & sheep are as quiet as I can can get them, one even bites :eek: , don't worry hasn't got rabies :laugh:. Almost time to start counting the sleeps, won't get to ahead of myself I'll wait one more week then start counting :laugh:.