Constipation.... My Boy Has It!

:rofl: nice one girls!! Love it!

We've had 2 mini poops and one of probably a fraction smaller then what he normal does, however he hasn't had much put in his tummy other then raw mince so I haven't been expecting bigger ones and he does quite small ones anyways.. Poor boy must be hungry.

I'm pretty sure we are on track now considering his tummy would be fairly empty but I am still keeping a firm eye on him! He is his normal bubbly self but whenever he stops to lay down I freak out and go "Oscar" to see how fast he jumps up, still really fast but now I am just worrying myself silly. :rolleyes:

Whilst we are on the topic of poo, what can you tell me about a whiteish creamy coloured poo? It's coming out somewhat solid but looking maybe a little clay kind of. I have a new rescue in the past 3 days and I have her on raw chicken mince, kibble and beef bones as she loves a good chew. Her but STINKS! It is a really revolting smell that seems to linger around her butt. I wormed her last night and she is off to the vets tomorrow for desexing. Unsure if she is pregnant or not.

A lot of people say their dogs are constipated when they actually have a bit of gastro and the bowel is empty.

If it is constipation and he is an older dog, it is worth a Vet check anyway, it can be prostate related.

This is quite possible as he has quite an empty tummy. He ate around 11am Saturday morning and when I tried to feed him on Sunday he wouldn't eat so he didn't eat again until Monday night.

He is only 2 years old so I don't feel as though it would be prostate related but something definitely to keep in the back of the mind. :rolleyes:

clay like poo is probably from eating bones, it will go white when it dries in the sun. I dont worry if mine do light poos, as long as it's not very dry and hard for them to pass.

Ok good to know.. This is the colour she is getting when she passes them! I'll just put it down to being a stinky butt! :rolleyes:

Edited by Sunnyflower

clay like poo is probably from eating bones, it will go white when it dries in the sun. I dont worry if mine do light poos, as long as it's not very dry and hard for them to pass.

Ok good to know.. This is the colour she is getting when she passes them! I'll just put it down to being a stinky butt! :rolleyes:

When my boy was on a soley raw diet his poop was white and didn't smell....

My mum just emailed me to say my 'grandma' girl (14yo), Tash is all constipated.. I've passed on some of the comments from here.. Hopefully she'll be back to normal by the time I go to visit her on Saturday. Have suggested a trip to the vets if she's not better tomorrow.

When my boy was on a soley raw diet his poop was white and didn't smell....

My mum just emailed me to say my 'grandma' girl (14yo), Tash is all constipated.. I've passed on some of the comments from here.. Hopefully she'll be back to normal by the time I go to visit her on Saturday. Have suggested a trip to the vets if she's not better tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the rescue girl was eating prior to coming in. Being in the pound then someone elses, what her diet is anyones guess.

Oh, I hope your girl gets better. It's not good for any dog to be constipated but definitely not for an old girl. Fingers crossed she improves.

I think bones make poo hard and clayish. I'd go less on the bones, and add a little vege matter too. I give a slice of banana sometimes to my little ones.

I look forward to two brown presents per day per dog. 95% of the time this happens on a walk. If I don't get four presents a day I start to worry. :confused:

Edited by chuckie500

:) You've gotta love a good brown gift!

I am pleased to announce that Oscar has delivered the goods!! :confused:

We're back on track (literally) and he gobbled all his dinner up he was that hungry.. Thank you for all the advice guys!

Ella (Rescue girl) must have been surviving on bones. Her poopies are now half and half which is good.