Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest belgian.blue
I got quoted $95 for a 20kg bag. Unfortunately the freight charge is $65 so at this point I have left it. If and when I next get to Perth if I have some room I might buy a bag and bring it back. 20kgs will last me a while.

Damn that is expensive for freight. Would it be that much for someone in Perth to send it to you?

eta - if that makes sense

Edited by belgian.blue

Thanks for your input Gayle.

I want to switch my two over while I still have some Nutro left. I feel I'm paying too much for a food that contains stuff my dogs don't need. I'm happy with Nutro but I find Badger's poops are large for a dog on half raw, half dry and his farts are to die for.

I'm going to call the number that pops up on the website for the Perth supplier, hope it isn't too hard to get it here.

BB i feed it to my rottis and they are doing very well on it. Even my older boy who kept losing weight is at a stable weight now.

And my fussy female leaves nothing in her bowl anymore

Wendy is great to deal with too :(

Awesome. May I ask how much you pay for 20kg and how long it takes to get a bag, approx?

$90 and i ring her and can normally order it and get it within a few days. Normally arrange for either hubby to pick it up or she will bring it to a dog show

i got my sample pack about 3 weeks ago and it's been a slow integration --- likely i would put that down to the 'lack of junk' included in the ingredients but i've been feeding my two on artemis and i therefore don't consider that to be an issue EXCEPT that black hawk does not contain chicken meat [being the sole reason i am trialing it]!

no changes i've noticed in output because they've only been fed on good quality food anyway --- i'm prepared to give it another week or so...

i've not asked the costs yet, leaving that for later...

I got quoted $95 for a 20kg bag. Unfortunately the freight charge is $65 so at this point I have left it. If and when I next get to Perth if I have some room I might buy a bag and bring it back. 20kgs will last me a while.

Damn that is expensive for freight. Would it be that much for someone in Perth to send it to you?

eta - if that makes sense

If I could get someone to pick it up and take it to the freight depot in Bently I think it is $22.50 for 2 X 20kg bags.

The quote was with another freight company, but it would still be $30 for the WA supplier to deliver it to the depot then $22.50 from the depot to here. So the freight would still be $52.50. I have decided I may pick some up when I am in Perth next to try it.

Alternatively I need to find someone that regularly makes the trip and has space for 20kgs of dog food. I really would like to buy some, but when freight is half a bag of food it doesn't seem worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest belgian.blue

Spoken to the Perth supplier and she is really nice. I'm picking up a bag from her place next Saturday afternoon :rofl:

Ososwift if you need someone to collect and drop off at the Bentley depot then I'm happy to do so for you. Just let me know as I live SoR so no hassle for me. The supplier lives in Southern River also.

Guest belgian.blue

No problems OSoSwift :)

I'm off to collect our bag of Black Hawk, can't wait to start using it!

No idea how I will get a 20kg of dry food from the car to the house though, ah the times you need a man :D Might have to drag - groan - drag - groan ..

This morning I had to carry a 20kg bag of chook pellets from the house, down a 3/4 acre block to the shed it's stored in. Husband was in the shower and I needed to feed the chooks.

I used a trolley he had bought in Officeworks,........it folds down flat to about the size of a laptop, and is designed for strapping bags, briefcases etc to and carting them around airports, large office blocks etc. Worked perfectly!

Good luck with the food, I can honestly say that Benson has never looked so good as he does on this food. His coat is healthy and gleaming, and he is trim and muscular. He is the one of mine with the worst coat and the one I have the most weight problems with as he's the only neuter, so he is a good benchmark.

No problems OSoSwift :)

I'm off to collect our bag of Black Hawk, can't wait to start using it!

No idea how I will get a 20kg of dry food from the car to the house though, ah the times you need a man :D Might have to drag - groan - drag - groan ..

I have this problem a lot, usually with chook pellets, if OH is not around. You will probably be storing it in something like a garbage bin, I imagine. So open the bag in the car & then transport a bucket full at a time to your storage bin, until the bag is light enough to lift. This Black Hawk stuff sounds really tempting, I feed VAN plus raw meat & meaty bones, but I might get a smaller bag & alternate it with the VANs, just to give it a go.

Guest belgian.blue

I told myself I could do it and carried the bag from the car to the house. Probably a bad idea but oh well. But great idea sheena. Though the container I'm keeping it in still has a little Nutro left in it. So it has to stay in the bag for awhile longer. Just need to make said bag dog proof!

The Perth supplier was really lovely! She breeds/shows Collies. Had a great chat to her about the food and feeding etc. She also boards dogs and I will defiantly be calling her if I ever need to board my two. I loved the way she spoke about diet.

The pieces are quite small but gave my two a little treat and they both went crazy for it, never seen Ivy so alert for food! So I'm going to have no issues with them eating it. Even the cat liked it hehe. She always gets a couple of pieces when I give the dogs some.

So tonight we start the switch over and going to add a little olive oil in their meals as they both seem to have flaky skin, even though they get sardines. The lady I met with today isn't a dry food feeder but she feeds Black Hawk. The next batch she is receiving in December has added emu oil so that should be good.

I can see why it is cheaper than say Nutro but in the end has less fillers, the bags are plain white so you don't pay for printing etc, just the product. The supplier adds a sticker with all the info you require, which is on the website anyway.

So far I'm really happy with it and my supplier :D I will continue reporting our progress over the next couple of weeks and then when they are on 100% Black Hawk.

I paid $90 for 20kg.

Doesn't look like I'm getting my samples of this :cheer: I emailed a lady in QLD about samples, she said no problem but that was about 3 weeks ago, was very eager to try this one, oh well, nutro it is.

I didn't even get a reply to my email with just an enquiry from the NSW supplier. Not good business :thumbsup:

Guest belgian.blue

Oh wow such a surprise to see you guys aren't getting replies, the Perth supplier is great.

Nekhbet, yeah it is a shame that puppy dry has wheat in it. Badger has been on puppy dry [Nutro] since 8 weeks and his now nearly 9 months so hopefully the protein levels are ok for him. He also gets a wide range of raw meat and will also get some kangaroo to boost the protein.

Gayle is also feeding this to her young Aussie pup and he is younger than Badger I think.

My whippets loved it too, when I tried them with a sample bag. The problem is getting it here in SA, seems impossible without a hefty freight charge. Hopefully Sherel will come up with someone who is interested in handling it here for her.

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for the lovely comments on Black Hawk and l also very happy that the dogs like it and doing well, its important to me that Black Hawk helps to make a healthier dog. Gayle K sounds like your four legged kids are doing very well

We are in the process of setting up a website for Black Hawk where we will be posting feed back on Black Hawk, we will also list boarding kennels who use Black Hawk

BB l am very happy that Wendy (WA) was a great help to you

l am sorry that some of you have not received samples or replies, Please send me your details and l will post samples and chase up anything you are neeing, best to email me at [email protected]

Please always let us know if you have not received samples, l post alot out and have had 5 go missing, 2 to Qld 2 in Vic and one to SA,

l am always available on the above e-mail or mobile,

Always happy to help in anyway

Regards

Sherel

Hi Trisham

SA is very close now, an oder will be shipped out to the Barossa Valley this week.

We also have a possible supplier only 1/2 hour from Adelaide centre currently trialling Black Hawk,

if you need some Black Hawk to see you through on your fussy one l can send you the same as last time. let me know

Regards

Sherel

My whippets loved it too, when I tried them with a sample bag. The problem is getting it here in SA, seems impossible without a hefty freight charge. Hopefully Sherel will come up with someone who is interested in handling it here for her.