Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Doesn't look like I'm getting my samples of this :mad I emailed a lady in QLD about samples, she said no problem but that was about 3 weeks ago, was very eager to try this one, oh well, nutro it is.

I didn't even get a reply to my email with just an enquiry from the NSW supplier. Not good business :thumbsup:

HI I am the distributor for central NSW. Newcastle - Sydney - Canberra + Wollongong and Blue Mountains. I anwser each and every email I receive promptly or forward the enquiry onto the distributor in that area. If you haven`t received a reply there has obviously been an unintentional error somewhere. Sometimes emails do go missing and I followed up an enquiry last week to find a sample has gone missing via AU Post. Please if anyone emails me and doesn`t hear back within 24 hours please feel free to call me at home on 02 46771454 or on my mobile 04 58230777. I appologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you, it was certinally not intentional that I haven`t gotten back to you. Kel.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am feeding the adult formula to my 7 month old Aussie pup. Purely because it's convenient to feed all the dogs the same thing and not have to have a different food for the puppy. Plus I am confident there is nothing in this food that can harm him and I'm also confident that it's a far better quality food than a lot of the "puppy" foods being sold in the supermarket.

I simply feed more of it to him than the adult dogs.

He is doing really well on it, he has the thickest, silkiest coat ever, he's growing really well and he's a lovely, bouncy, healthy boy.

One thing I've noticed with all the dogs is that they no longer have that slightly "dirty" doggy smell to their breath that they developed when they were on lesser quality kibble. Their breath is now odourless, as it should be.

If anyone is interested in a sample this weekend I will be at the Spring Fair at Erskine Park all 3 days. If you are going to be there come and say hi! I`ll be near the Terrier and Gundog rings and I`ll be showing Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and Smooth Fox Terriers so not too hard to find. 04 58230777. Kel.

, I paid $75 for 20kgs. They keep the price down by the plain packaging and the method of sale.

Mmmm, the supplier Ive found charges $90. That's a big difference over time.

Just a note to this... I am the Supplier for this area and I charge $85 for 20kg of adult and $95 for 20kg of puppy. I charge a $5 delivery fee in Sydney Metro and $10 delivery in country areas. I am sure if someone has paid $75 it would have been in VIC. I have freight charges to get it to NSW and still make a very small margin. The food is still much cheaper than comparable holisitc products AND I deliver to the customer`s door. If I were to use a courier this would cost MUCH more to get to people as mentioned in other posts. Unfortunatley to be able to provide this service I need to make some money from it! These are very reasonable price for a product of this quality which delivers such good results. For anyone who lives in the Southern Highlands/Illawarra etc you can also collect from my house if you would prefer to avoid delivery costs.

I have a query for distributors or those with knowledge on this food!! Just bought a 20kg bag of the lamb and rice holistic adult and there was 2 types of 20kg bags my local feed guy was selling. One had wheat flour and wheat products as the first ingredient. The other bag (the one I got) doesn't have wheat flour or wheat mentioned. What's the difference? Both labels said chicken and rice!

Glad I looked and got the one with identical ingredients to this:

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary. Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, DL-Methionine, Folic Acid, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

The other one definitely had wheat and wheat flour as the FIRST ingredient

Anyway came home and carried the whole 20kgs into the house, tore a corner off and Shyla went NUTS for it, put her head in the hole and wouldn't come out for a while :thumbsup:

Well I got mine and the dogs love it. Well, Esme just *likes* it but she's eating it which is a big thing. The other two inhale it. Will be interesting to see how Gerties skin copes with it. Just about to introduce it to the cats too.

Nice to meet you the other day Kel! :laugh:

Dru.

I have a query for distributors or those with knowledge on this food!! Just bought a 20kg bag of the lamb and rice holistic adult and there was 2 types of 20kg bags my local feed guy was selling. One had wheat flour and wheat products as the first ingredient. The other bag (the one I got) doesn't have wheat flour or wheat mentioned. What's the difference? Both labels said chicken and rice!

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary. Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, DL-Methionine, Folic Acid, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

Anyway came home and carried the whole 20kgs into the house, tore a corner off and Shyla went NUTS for it, put her head in the hole and wouldn't come out for a while :laugh:

Little hard to answer due to the secrecy surrounding these products but I believe that the product that had the wheat first is from a company called True Blue, who might be in NSW. So from a different company but still in a plain white bag.

Can anyone tell me if only comes in a 20kg bag? Can you buy it in a smaller bag?

I only know of it in a 20kg bag... not sure for sure though

You could ask for a sample bag if you wanted to just try some

Thanks.

I hopefully will have a sample soon. I was only wondering if we did decide to put him back onto some kibble, that 20kg worth for a dog that is only 7kg is a lot, especially if it's not going to be the main part of his diet. But will see if he likes it first before I go any further.

Can anyone tell me if only comes in a 20kg bag? Can you buy it in a smaller bag?

Thanks.

I hopefully will have a sample soon. I was only wondering if we did decide to put him back onto some kibble, that 20kg worth for a dog that is only 7kg is a lot, especially if it's not going to be the main part of his diet. But will see if he likes it first before I go any further.

Yes, definitely heaps for a dog that size! Maybe enquire and see if they at least do half sized 10kg bags

I think Sherel, the distributor in Vic will sell it in 1 kg lots.

There is no secrecy surrounding the food, if you want to know anything about it, email Sherel or one of the other distributors and they'll answer your questions.

, I paid $75 for 20kgs. They keep the price down by the plain packaging and the method of sale.

Mmmm, the supplier Ive found charges $90. That's a big difference over time.

Just a note to this... I am the Supplier for this area and I charge $85 for 20kg of adult and $95 for 20kg of puppy. I charge a $5 delivery fee in Sydney Metro and $10 delivery in country areas. I am sure if someone has paid $75 it would have been in VIC. I have freight charges to get it to NSW and still make a very small margin. The food is still much cheaper than comparable holisitc products AND I deliver to the customer`s door. If I were to use a courier this would cost MUCH more to get to people as mentioned in other posts. Unfortunatley to be able to provide this service I need to make some money from it! These are very reasonable price for a product of this quality which delivers such good results. For anyone who lives in the Southern Highlands/Illawarra etc you can also collect from my house if you would prefer to avoid delivery costs.

I am a bit confused about this as Hungry Hound, who claimed to be a part-owner of the distribution company, said that Black Hawk was being made in NSW.

Hi JulesP

l am sorry you think there is some secrecy about Black Hawk,

as mentioned before Black Hawk is packed for me under contract,

the formula packed for Black Hawk is only packed for Black Hawk,

This formula recipe is privately owned

Thanks

Sherel

Anyway came home and carried the whole 20kgs into the house, tore a corner off and Shyla went NUTS for it, put her head in the hole and wouldn't come out for a while :D

Little hard to answer due to the secrecy surrounding these products but I believe that the product that had the wheat first is from a company called True Blue, who might be in NSW. So from a different company but still in a plain white bag.

Edited by collies02

Hi All That Glitters

as mentioned before on this forum, Black Hawk is packed under contract for me, in plain white bags to save on costs to the consumer. Black Hawk is not the only formula to be packed into these bags

We use a contract manufacturer they not only manufacturer Black Hawk but other products some in plain white bags others known brands

Whats on your label should be whats in your bag

What l will say is someone has brought a formula sounds similar to the wheat one you mentioned and has been trying to pass it off as the same as Black Hawk, But its not, all l can say its being looked into,

if you have any concerns happy for you to e-mail me, l only get onto DOL when someone mentions l should, l am just so busy but always happy to answer any questions but best to email me. [email protected]

Thanks Sherel

Anyway came home and carried the whole 20kgs into the house, tore a corner off and Shyla went NUTS for it, put her head in the hole and wouldn't come out for a while :D

Hi JulesP

This formula recipe is privatley owned

Thanks

Sherel

I actually said secrecy around these products whilst talking to all that glitters. The product all that glitters purchased isn't Black Hawk. The other product all that glitters is asking about isn't Black Hawk.

Yes we are in the process of sourcing smaller bags hoping for a 2kg & 10 kg will post when we have them but we are hoping to have them before christmas

Regards

Sherel

Thanks.

Yes, definitely heaps for a dog that size! Maybe enquire and see if they at least do half sized 10kg bags

Oh Sorry

Yes thats right,

Neither are Black Hawk, one is similar but not the same and the Wheat one is far from it

Sorry for the confussion

Sherel

Hi JulesP

This formula recipe is privatley owned

Thanks

Sherel

I actually said secrecy around these products whilst talking to all that glitters. The product all that glitters purchased isn't Black Hawk. The other product all that glitters is asking about isn't Black Hawk.

so far so good --- i was in touch with sherel just a few nights ago to let them know that with our upheavals, we hadn't been able to trial black hawk effectviely BUT over the past 2 weeks, it would seem that the little of black hawk i had introduced to their diet and now in a more concentrated effort over the past week at least i have already started to notice a difference...

i am glad to hear that black hawk comes in smaller packages --- i have 2 swfs :D