Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

We have been "die hard" feeders of Nutro for over 10 years, albeit initially the US made product.

During the time when Nutro was unavailable here we fed a number of other "products" which didn't go down well, (apart from Ziwipeak). We fed a homemade diet also for a year but have now gone back to Nutro.

Having followed this, and the other thread re Black Hawk holistic, we would consider changing over from Nutro, but can anyone "convince" us that Black Hawk is the better product than Nutro?. (apart from possibly the cost factor).

If that is the case, then apart from samples, how do we source Black Hawk?

We are approx. an hour NW of Brisbane.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always been a die hard royal canin person but after seeing improved muscle tone and my highly allergic dog is the best he's ever been ( the aroma from his ears for the first time in a long time is gone) I'm sticking with this. And it's cutting my dog food bill almost in half which is the biggest bonus at the moment :dancingelephant:

I was a firm believer that nothing was better than Eagle Pack, tried Nutro and still thought Eagle Pack was the best, I did a straight swap to Black Hawk and now I eat my words - the dogs look even better and have more energy, their coats are fantastic and my food bills have halved, very happy customer :laugh:

I will be interested to see how one of my girls goes on BH, the vet said she thought Lacys itchiness (not severe) was due to a grass allergy but since using Nutro she is practically itch free.

I don't think I have heard one bad thing ever about BH, unlike all the other brands there is usually differing opinions but BH sounds like a real winner.

We have been "die hard" feeders of Nutro for over 10 years, albeit initially the US made product.

During the time when Nutro was unavailable here we fed a number of other "products" which didn't go down well, (apart from Ziwipeak). We fed a homemade diet also for a year but have now gone back to Nutro.

Having followed this, and the other thread re Black Hawk holistic, we would consider changing over from Nutro, but can anyone "convince" us that Black Hawk is the better product than Nutro?. (apart from possibly the cost factor).

Contact Julana, she is at Ipswich & I have just ordered a bag from her, she is very helpful :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thie is her website

www.belledenstaffords.com

Thanks, have you got yours yet?

Not yet - still got about 3 or 4kg of my other food left. How much did it cost getting it through the Angaston people?

It was $90 for the 20kg bag, pretty good compared to EP.

Both my whippets are very happy with it, the male was always a fusspot, but he is cleaning up all the BH.

My grey has had pancreatitus so the fat content is too high for her, but she has gobbled up some that I dropped on the floor, so she would be happy to eat it too, if she could.,

It was $90 for the 20kg bag, pretty good compared to EP.

Both my whippets are very happy with it, the male was always a fusspot, but he is cleaning up all the BH.

My grey has had pancreatitus so the fat content is too high for her, but she has gobbled up some that I dropped on the floor, so she would be happy to eat it too, if she could.,

Fussy is not in the vocabulary of 2 border collies and a beagle. LOL

That is a good price compared to other options, get more and pay less - always a good thing. :cry:

Hi Renee

l got a quote or a pallet to Darwin its over $500 just for freight still shopping around though, a half pallet was $450 which l found amazing not much cheaper than a full pallet

Regards

Sherel

Hi Renee

l will get some freight prices Monday and let you know, See how you go with interest up there,

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sherel,

Probably get 2-3 bags at a time. I would be interseted in distibuting it but would first have to find some interested dog owners. Could possibly drum up some interest at obedience classes (if they didn't mind) and give out samples and info etc.

Renee

Hi Anypie

We had another dog do similar to yours but it turned out she was dropping coat and it was the same only been on it a week, anyway she had her coat drop and a lovely new coat came back, if you are able to try it for at least 3 weeks and see. All the feed back is good thanks

Sherel

Hi Sherel, no not at the moment, she has a very very short single coat, she's just sensitive to most foods other than Nutro but I'll try and finish the bag and hopefully her condition will stabilise again once she gets used to it.

Hi Hesapanderabear

Thanks l recieved your e-mail will reply to you now

Regards

Sherel

I'm still on my first bag of BH. Julana in Qld was very helpful and accommodating, thank you. My shar pei are fine with it, but finding it a harder sell to the chi's. They still prefer their Purina Lamb & Rice. I've tried all sorts of foods with these guys, but the Purina is the one they like over all others - even RC chihuahua. I wonder if it has more to do with the texture of the kibble - BH being harder to chew than the Purina. I am still mixing the 2, so they are at least benefitting partially from it. Am wanting to order the cat food, but seems to be an issue there. Overall I'm happy with it, as an excellent product for a great price. Just wish the chi's were more keen.

Edited by badboyz

I just picked up my BH all 40kg of it. When I bring home dry food I often leave it in the front entry hall until hubby gets home to put it away. Dogs usually have a sniff but leave it alone. Well we brought in the black hawk and the dogs were going nuts. They would not leave the bags alone and Mokha was trying to chew the bag open. They just love it and I am really happy with the food and the price.

Thanks Sherel, I hope you had a successful day at KCC park. We had a great time and it was lovely to meet you.

Sherel, I was wondering if you know of any greyhound people/trainers have tried your product as a lot now feed the super premium kibbles to their racing stock......your product is far better price wise that is for certain.

I've always been a die hard royal canin person but after seeing improved muscle tone and my highly allergic dog is the best he's ever been ( the aroma from his ears for the first time in a long time is gone) I'm sticking with this. And it's cutting my dog food bill almost in half which is the biggest bonus at the moment :laugh:

Ok, well on that testimonel, I'll try this on my allergic boy too as we've just about finished our BARF order.

I've been a die hard RC fan for a while but have swapped with no issues.

The distribution network for BH needs to improve, especially for country NSW. The only way we can get it, is to meet up with the distributor at shows, it's prohibitive to freight it around the countryside, as that costs as much as a bag does per bag.

I've been a die hard RC fan for a while but have swapped with no issues.

The distribution network for BH needs to improve, especially for country NSW. The only way we can get it, is to meet up with the distributor at shows, it's prohibitive to freight it around the countryside, as that costs as much as a bag does per bag.

I got mine down from Brisbane via Fastway Couriers to Coffs Harbour Fastways Depo for just $14.00 . Not sure if I got a special deal cause my son in law works there, but I don't think so :laugh: I contacted Fastways & did the paper work from this end with reciever to pay freight.

Sherel, I was wondering if you know of any greyhound people/trainers have tried your product as a lot now feed the super premium kibbles to their racing stock......your product is far better price wise that is for certain.

I am not a greyhound trainer but have 6 retired greys who I have been feeding probably 1/3 their diet is Eagle Pack and I just picked up a bag of Black Hawk on Sunday and a bag of Eagle Pack and I am going to feed them 1/2 and 1/2 to see how their condition and weight is at the end. The proof in not in the pudding if they eat it at our place because they get fed very well but will eat just about anything I dish them up. But I am extremely happy with their condition at the moment (except our old girl but she has never looked like a beauty queen) and just last weekend had them out with other greys and dogs both days and got so many comments on how wonderful they look so don't want to lose any of that. The price is the only concern for me which is the only reason I am giving the Black Hawk a try.

Hi Mokhahouse

it was lovely meeting you on Sunday at Big day out, l love catching up with our past rescues

LOL you be careful leaving the Black Hawk around, l recieved an e-mail from a lady she asked her husband to get the bag of Black Hawk out of the car and bring it in, he got side tracked and put it on the roof of the car and forgot about it until they found their dog on the roof of the car happily munching away on Black Hawk after ripping the bag open.

Sherel

I just picked up my BH all 40kg of it. When I bring home dry food I often leave it in the front entry hall until hubby gets home to put it away. Dogs usually have a sniff but leave it alone. Well we brought in the black hawk and the dogs were going nuts. They would not leave the bags alone and Mokha was trying to chew the bag open. They just love it and I am really happy with the food and the price.

Thanks Sherel, I hope you had a successful day at KCC park. We had a great time and it was lovely to meet you.