Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Gas, especially the Shar Pei

Oh dear :laugh: What were you feeding before? I got the same reaction when I tried Artemis, a couple of hours following their first meal they all had this vile gas and I thought oh-oh this isn't going to work. Sure enough the loose poo started the following morning.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was on a mix of Bonnie working dog and raw, as he has issues with food and that mix worked

The new pup is on the black hawk and still has gas but not as much

My dogs love it but the stink thats coming out the rear end us eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Same! :laugh: I'm going to keep feeding it though as the price is good and other than the gas they are doing well on it.

The gas clears the room, its realy offensive, my dogs never have gas

neither of my two had gas either --- i was really happy with the transition and result :laugh:

i've run out of the sample and they're both back on pure artemis weight manangement supplemented with nature's gift biogestions 5 with no ill-effects :D

i mixed bh with that mix so it's not so problematic reverting to that...

sherel, the smaller packages, 3 or 5 kig, will they be available sooner than later!??! like, early in the new year or will be like late jan/early feb?

no pressure :D

well, my boy has been on it (mixed in with his old pro plan sensitive) for a couple of days and i've never seen him so into his food. licking the bowl clean every night -and he isn't that food motivated. so far no issues on the other end either... though i am corssing my fingers cos he can be difficult. and i'm hoping that if i feed it long term he may be less suceptible to ear infections?

so after my questions and scepticism i think i may be a convert cos my boy is loving it! but for a small dog i think the 20kg bag may be a bit too much for one purchase! 5 kg would be perfect - looking forward to them producing that sized bag!

Yes I was telling a friend about the food and how much the dogs like it. She was interested but only buys in small amounts. I tried to give her some to try but she wouldn't take it so I carefully measured out a couple of kilos and she bought it from me. If her's like it too we'll just split a bag next time.

neither of my two had gas either --- i was really happy with the transition and result :laugh:

i've run out of the sample and they're both back on pure artemis weight manangement supplemented with nature's gift biogestions 5 with no ill-effects :D

i mixed bh with that mix so it's not so problematic reverting to that...

sherel, the smaller packages, 3 or 5 kig, will they be available sooner than later!??! like, early in the new year or will be like late jan/early feb?

no pressure ;)

email Kel @ Riverland Kennels NSW distributor( spelling) as she has just organised delivery for me of a 3kg Bag :laugh:

Have taken my Shar Pei off it, his skin has flared right up and he is really not intrested in eating it :)

What a bummer :thumbsup: My dogs don't have any problems with allergies thank doG. It's funny how dogs react differently to foods, but I suppose humans can be the same.

My boy LOVES the Black Hawk. Ive been mixing it with his Iams and he is actually eating the black hawk and leaving the Iams.

Loved the size of the sample bag will be moving him onto it once I finish up with my large Iams bag.

We now have a 20kg bag and will start weaning ours off Nutro, let's hope we have the same results, i.e no gas, and firm stools. I don't think their coats could be much shinier than they already are :thumbsup:

Actually I'm probably imagining the softer coat Hesapandabear :) I was very happy with Nutro and the dogs did very well on it, the only thing that slightly worried me is that beet pulp is listed fourth on the list of ingredients. It's also reasonably expensive when you're feeding five dogs, mine only get about one cup of dry a day, but it still doesn't take long to get through a bag.

I do find the Black Hawk kibble a little small (unless I received the small dog variety), but if my dogs go as well on it as they did on Nutro I'll be very happy.