Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

We're 100% BH - 1 week in, very minor gas from the allergic dog, stools look pretty good, the old girls are slightly softer than normal although early days.

We're seeing some higher energy levels.

I do find the Black Hawk kibble a little small (unless I received the small dog variety)

It is pretty small, although I'm not finding the Dane gulping it down, they're enjoying it rather than just inhaling - maybe the small size helps this in an odd way?!

Edited by sas

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very happy with Black Hawk. I can't comment on the palatability, I have three dogs that scoff any kibble and one that can be picky on any kibble, and he's eating OK (no better than others though, apart from Canidae which he didn't like). All dogs have maintained good weight, coat & skin condition, the Whippet especially so in the weight department, he's being cut back! Best thing is the firm poops though. After getting lazy and going to kibble from BARF (they still get RMBs) I was resigned to the fact that no matter the kibble they were going to have softer poops. Black Hawk has produced the firmest, least smelly poops! Not quite pleasant to pick up, but less gross :thumbsup: Oh the things that give dog owners joy... :)

Edited by FHRP

neither of my two had gas either --- i was really happy with the transition and result :(

i've run out of the sample and they're both back on pure artemis weight manangement supplemented with nature's gift biogestions 5 with no ill-effects ;)

i mixed bh with that mix so it's not so problematic reverting to that...

sherel, the smaller packages, 3 or 5 kig, will they be available sooner than later!??! like, early in the new year or will be like late jan/early feb?

no pressure ;)

email Kel @ Riverland Kennels NSW distributor( spelling) as she has just organised delivery for me of a 3kg Bag :laugh:

thank you for letting us know :love:

i've just sent kelly an email :o

It's funny how a few of you have commented on the coats being better. My guys have always had lovely soft coats but I have never noticed a shine on them but the last week or so I have noticed a real sheen to thier coats. One of mine the vet thought had a slight allergy to grass but after swapping her to Nutro the itches went away, not completely but a marked improvement so I am thinking it was more food than grass. So now on BH I am hoping it doesn't come back, so far so good!

so I am thinking it was more food than grass.

Or is it that the food is better for the dog's system and so the dog is less likely to succumb to grass contact allergies? Just a general question I'm posing to anyone out there who would care, want or be able to answer. It is in line with my school of thought that it's about our dog's systems not being as strong as they could be is why we are seeing so many skin issues and that their systems are potentially not as strong as they could be because of what we feed them. And not just because of what we feed our own individual dogs, but what their parents and their parents before that and before that have been fed.

Glad you are seeing improvement, tlc.

so I am thinking it was more food than grass.

Or is it that the food is better for the dog's system and so the dog is less likely to succumb to grass contact allergies? Just a general question I'm posing to anyone out there who would care, want or be able to answer. It is in line with my school of thought that it's about our dog's systems not being as strong as they could be is why we are seeing so many skin issues and that their systems are potentially not as strong as they could be because of what we feed them. And not just because of what we feed our own individual dogs, but what their parents and their parents before that and before that have been fed.

Glad you are seeing improvement, tlc.

Interesting that you have bought this up, I haven't given it a huge amount of consideration but it certainly makes sense to me. Initially all mine were on meat, veg, etc etc etc plus a small amount of supercoat. This diet didn't suit my oldest who only ate dry so needed a more premium food. So it was only when I decided to swap them all to a premium kibble (originally EP, once I went through a few they wouldnt eat, Advance, Pro plan) that I noticed a big improvement. We swapped from EP to Nutro (EP hard to get here at times) and it only got better, I wanted to give BH a go as the cost is better and the amount is more and the ingredients are :laugh: so it should be all good!

Another thing I have noticed when Lacy got itchy she hated her front feet being touched although I never noticed her biting them, but now I can touch her front feet with no reaction, not sure if it is connected but I am thinking it probly is.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Shelby

Yes Kim hasnt been added yet l will send her details to my web lady,

For Mackay Kim at Animal Obsessions 50 Oak St Andergrove Mackay ph 49555252, let me know how you go

Regards

Sherel

Hi Shelby

Yes there are 4 in Qld, 1) Sharon in Townsville 2) Kim in Mackay 3) Julana in Brisbane 4) Colleen in Wondai if you go to http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm you will find contact details there the only one not on there yet it Kim but l can give you her details if she is closest to you,

Regards

Sherel

I may have missed it but is there a supplier in qld? Anywhere? We travel a bit so may be able to sort something to be picked up. We don't use kbble much as a meal mOre training treats and in activity balls etc but occasionally they get some as a meal. Currently have ep holistic select anchovy but this is getting awesome reviews.

Thanks Mackay is perfect, however I can't see Kim on the website. Only Sharon, Julana and Colleen?

Hi Sherel,

I have finally just got around to phoning Animal Obsession, the lady I spoke to (who was not Kim, must have been a worked) had no idea what I was talking about.

She is going to check with Kim and get her to call me back, but I was just wondering if arrangements have changed? Am I barking up the wrong tree or is she still the distributor in Mackay?

Regards,

Aleesha

Mokha is 100% on Black Hawk now and I am really happy. I actually think the smaller kibble is slowing down his eating. On a really positive note his coat is so shiny. He has had no stomach problems and I am saving a fortune compared to his old food.

Hi Aleesa

Not sure what the worker is on about as Kim recieved a pallet not long ago. See if Kim gets back to you if not here is her email

[email protected]

Regards

Sherel

Hi Shelby

For Mackay Kim at Animal Obsessions 50 Oak St Andergrove Mackay ph 49555252, let me know how you go

Regards

Sherel

Hi Shelby

Yes there are 4 in Qld, 1) Sharon in Townsville 2) Kim in Mackay 3) Julana in Brisbane 4) Colleen in Wondai if you go to http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm you will find contact details there the only one not on there yet it Kim but l can give you her details if she is closest to you,

Regards

Sherel

I may have missed it but is there a supplier in qld? Anywhere? We travel a bit so may be able to sort something to be picked up. We don't use kbble much as a meal mOre training treats and in activity balls etc but occasionally they get some as a meal. Currently have ep holistic select anchovy but this is getting awesome reviews.

Thanks Mackay is perfect, however I can't see Kim on the website. Only Sharon, Julana and Colleen?

Hi Sherel,

I have finally just got around to phoning Animal Obsession, the lady I spoke to (who was not Kim, must have been a worked) had no idea what I was talking about.

She is going to check with Kim and get her to call me back, but I was just wondering if arrangements have changed? Am I barking up the wrong tree or is she still the distributor in Mackay?

Regards,

Aleesha

Hi Mokhahouse

Thats great news for Mokha. Thanks so much for the update

Regards

Sherel

Mokha is 100% on Black Hawk now and I am really happy. I actually think the smaller kibble is slowing down his eating. On a really positive note his coat is so shiny. He has had no stomach problems and I am saving a fortune compared to his old food.

My 10 year old female is doing great on it, lovely shiny coat, has dropped some weight but she was porky.

My 4 year old allergic is itchier on it, we'll stick it out until we finish this bag to access and then will pop onto raw and see if he gets better. I am assuming its' the Brewers Yeast that is meant to be good for skin however these days is quite a common allergen *sigh*

May not be the food at all, although timing would suggest it is :cry:

Hi Aleesa

Not sure what the worker is on about as Kim recieved a pallet not long ago. See if Kim gets back to you if not here is her email

[email protected]

Regards

Sherel

Hi Shelby

Regards

Sherel

Hi Shelby

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sherel,

Regards,

Aleesha

She got back to me Sherel, yes they have HEAPS in stock :cry: ...... however I ran out of time in Mackay this arve, will have to try again for another day.