Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious to know some feedback on the recommended feeding guide. I know that with most kibbles the feeding guidelines are normally generous amounts.

I have read that a lot that some people feed up to half the suggested amount to keep their dogs in their preferred condition. Can anyone tell me, how much they feed their dog to keep them in condition. Is it more, less, much less than the suggested amounts?

I'm curious because my boy will hardly ever eat the whole 80gm a day I give him. He currently is 7.5kg, I'd like for him to be around 8-8.5kg, he turns 1 next month, so should be starting to be at his mature weight. I can't force him to eat more, he always eats with enthusiasm. I'm thinking he only eats what he needs. He would eat around 60gm a day. The guidelines are between 70-110gm for him. So not sure if this is enough.

I know to test his condition by feeling him, ribs are good, but no spine from what I have read. But I can feel ribs and parts of his spine, but can't see them, but that's because he has a curly coat.

Do you think, as long as he is healthy, happy full of energy, he is getting enough and not to worry?

I'm curious to know some feedback on the recommended feeding guide. I know that with most kibbles the feeding guidelines are normally generous amounts.

I have read that a lot that some people feed up to half the suggested amount to keep their dogs in their preferred condition. Can anyone tell me, how much they feed their dog to keep them in condition. Is it more, less, much less than the suggested amounts?

I'm curious because my boy will hardly ever eat the whole 80gm a day I give him. He currently is 7.5kg, I'd like for him to be around 8-8.5kg, he turns 1 next month, so should be starting to be at his mature weight. I can't force him to eat more, he always eats with enthusiasm. I'm thinking he only eats what he needs. He would eat around 60gm a day. The guidelines are between 70-110gm for him. So not sure if this is enough.

I know to test his condition by feeling him, ribs are good, but no spine from what I have read. But I can feel ribs and parts of his spine, but can't see them, but that's because he has a curly coat.

Do you think, as long as he is healthy, happy full of energy, he is getting enough and not to worry?

I only use the feeding guide as just that a guide. I have two fatties and two just rights so I have to do a bit of food shuffling to get amounts right etc. I also judge it on how much excersise or how busy the dogs have been for the day for example if I have worked and we don't happen to get out for a run they will get under the normal amount and if we have been for a run or two they will get the required amount sometimes a little extra. It also depends on if they have had bones that day as well.

WHat type of dog is yours. Sounds very much like my two thinner dogs, I would love both of them to be about 1/2 kilo heavier but they don't seem to put on weight no matter how much food they eat. I think they just have really good metabolisms also when we are out and about they run and run and have so much energy. Maybe your boy is similar to mine in this respect.

I think it would be a bit of trial and error. If he will only eat so much I guess the challenge is finding a food that delivers all the calories he needs in a lesser amount.

I have only trialled it, but can let you know more in a few weeks. As a general rule mine get a bit under. What they get at the moment says 1 to 2 cups. One gets 3/4 of a cupo, the other 1 1/4 cups. This is changed also depending on the exercise for the day. Today it was that hot we have done very little so they will get the base amount, if we had of got to the beach then they would get 1/4 to half a cup more.

I'm thinking he must be getting enough. As he loves the stuff. He always has plenty of energy, alert and his coat condition is awesome. The guide does say 1/2-1cup for 5-10kg, so him being 7.5kg, I think about 1/2 cup is fine for him.

TLC, he is a minischnauzer X minipoodle and definitely sounds a lot like your smaller two. I think that maybe some dogs are just leaner, as he seems to have plenty of energy. And yes days when we don't take him out he eats and little less, but days when he either plays all day with a friends dog or we take him out several times, he eats more. So I'm confident now that is he getting enough.

Thank you for your reassurance everyone.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback, on Black Hawk Holistic

Thanks Hespandabear for posting the link.

For the Gisborne person please give me a call l am delivering there this week

For the Bentleigh lady if you call Nicholas he delivers there.

If anyone has any dramas please email or call me.

Also very happy to send out samples to anyone or you can contact your local distributor

l am always available on my email [email protected] or my mobile 0400311139

If anyon has any questions please email me as l may not always get to see them on DOL

Thanks again

Sherel

• 3 weeks later...