Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

It was the whole white bag/no name thing that originally had people asking were this food is from. It wasn't called Black Hawk then, it was called Holistic Lamb & Rice. I and I guess other people wanted more assurances.

It was a simple question that was never answered on the board. There were other threads that asked this too.

Had it come out as 'Black Hawk' I doubt any questions would have been asked. Had someone simply said "It was originally an export food made by APFE" that would have been the end of the questions.

I doubt greatly that anyone has been nasty via PM etc.

The way I see it if the company used the same bags say as pro plan etc the food wouldn't be afordable for most people. I think its good that they aren't wasting money on packaging as the bag gets thrown away anyway. If people are complaining about where this food is made etc why not complain about pro plan etc i bet they don't have on there packet made at 506 harry street nsw 2680 (example there)

The most of read on there packet is made in _____ then the date.

If your worried about where it is made etc how about asking your supermarket/butcher where they get there meat from. If your that worried try making your own dog food, I'm only new to black hawk but I find the food very good and i don't care where it is made as the food specks for itself with the dogs eg coat etc.

You don't want to know, fine. Why is it a problem if I want to know?

Because your constant harping on and on an on has become tiredsome.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the whole white bag/no name thing that originally had people asking were this food is from. It wasn't called Black Hawk then, it was called Holistic Lamb & Rice. I and I guess other people wanted more assurances.

It was a simple question that was never answered on the board. There were other threads that asked this too.

Had it come out as 'Black Hawk' I doubt any questions would have been asked. Had someone simply said "It was originally an export food made by APFE" that would have been the end of the questions.

I doubt greatly that anyone has been nasty via PM etc.

The way I see it if the company used the same bags say as pro plan etc the food wouldn't be afordable for most people. I think its good that they aren't wasting money on packaging as the bag gets thrown away anyway. If people are complaining about where this food is made etc why not complain about pro plan etc i bet they don't have on there packet made at 506 harry street nsw 2680 (example there)

The most of read on there packet is made in _____ then the date.

If your worried about where it is made etc how about asking your supermarket/butcher where they get there meat from. If your that worried try making your own dog food, I'm only new to black hawk but I find the food very good and i don't care where it is made as the food specks for itself with the dogs eg coat etc.

How about you stop talking to me then and I might stop having to defend myself.

You asked a question and I answered honestly because it is painfully apparent here that if you don't get an answer you just keep goin on and on about it and I wouldn't want that

Is it possible to drop all the bitchiness and get back to talking about Black Hawk as a dog/cat food, with feedback from those who are feeding Black Hawk.

Collies02, if you feel it is warranted you could always make Troy aware of the abuse which you have received from DOL members. As far as I am aware Troy will simply not put up with that sort of behaviour :) and after all he owns the website. :D

Edited by Hesapandabear

OSoSwift, we have been feeding BH to our 2 1/2 yeard old Birman for a couple of months. I am too lazy to go out to our grannyflat (where he sleeps and where the food is stored) to read the bag, but he absolutely wolfs it down. It has an ingredient in it which helps with the hair balls.

Prior to starting him on BH he was on Nutro.

As with the BH dog food we are happy with his overall condition and his eating it with such gusto speaks for its-self. When we changed him over we didn't ask for a sample, just gave to him with the hope he'd eat it. :D

Guest english.ivy

I have a really simple answer .. just don't come in to this thread!

CAn someone tell me about the black hawk cat food please - I know this is a dog forum, but just a quick run down about it, I haven't tried it as yet but am very interested.

I'm also really keen to know about what the cat one is like as I'm due for another bag very soon and wondering if I should try my kitty on it.

What were their poops like on BH? Her poops are stinky on Nutro and she seems to get fat on Nutro but eats hardly anything.

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, again, stop all the bitchiness, you know who you are, QUIT posting AD INFINITIM, and let Nature take it's course.

NONE of my 4 legged one's, be they dog, or cat, ever had stinky stool problems on Nutro.

BH's ingredients are very similar to Nutro. One of the reasons we switched to BH was the price differential. Having said that I truly believe now after 6 months of feeding BH (to nearly 10 years of Nutro - so that's a huge difference) that we are on to an awesome product. Our dogs, and one cat, love it, they are all doing very well, and 3 of my dogs have to be in tip top condition as are being shown.

I would be more than happy to recommend BH to anyone and hope that their dogs do as well on it as mine are. :) :D

Hesa, I was a Nutro feeder too, after EP became to hard to get in our town, I liked Nutro (well the dogs did. :laugh: ) Aussie made and good ingredients, so when BH came along and the ingredients were similar, locally (Aussie made) and a great price for more, I had to try it, we havent looked back at all, the dogs are doing well, they don't seem to need much of it to keep them in good nik, although two of mine are on the tubby side.

Had two people the other day comment on my oldest and how great he looked. He has been a problem eater from the word go but since the Nutro then BH he hasnt had a problem.

The only thing I find with all of mine none of who are big drinkers of water apart from if they have been out for a run, is after they have thier tea they drink heaps. I have never noticed this with any other dry food they have been on. (think I may have mentioned that earlier in the thread.)

I have done exactly that too, but gee it is hard, I know it is for thier own good, little porkers just love thier tucker :laugh: Especially the BH! According to the vet one is about 1 kilo over weight but my youngest boy is around 3 kilos over. Admittedly with work and the weather latley we haven't been out and about as often as I would like. So this adds to the problem. But it is funny my friend has his 2 brothers and they are both extremely overweight so it is possibly in his genes to a degree. He is not lazy either, always on the go at home and out and about and runs like the wind, its amazing to watch him because he looks like he couldn't run to save his life! :laugh: His nick name is chunky! I know it's not just me as my oldest boy and youngest girl are both perfect. Thier coats are divine on the BH too, nice and soft and they have a kind of shimmer to them, harder to tell with fluffy dogs, they dont have that sheek shine that smooth dogs do.

We're onto about our 7th and 8th bags of Black Hawk (I buy 2 at a time) and couldn't be happier with it. Communications are excellent, Sherel always replies to my emails quickly and answers my questions, delivery is quick and easy and the dogs just love the food and do very well on it.

I don't particularly care who makes it, what breed of sheep it contains or how old the emus are they extract the emu oil from. It's just a top quality food sold at a very affordable price. Bonus for it being Aussie made, and extra bonus points for the excellent service provided by the various distributors.

CAn someone tell me about the black hawk cat food please - I know this is a dog forum, but just a quick run down about it, I haven't tried it as yet but am very interested.

I have put 9 cats on it. They all took to it without any problems but 3 had sloppy poo which stuck to their bums (Persians) when I had finished making the switch over. It's fine if I mix it 50/50 with Royal Canin so I am sticking with that mixture.

Hi everyone I have a question I'll be getting my first bag of black hawk this week. Shelley needs to lose weight she was 40kgs she is now 37kgs so she has lost 3kgs in a week, To my Question how much black hawk should i be feeding her? Do I stick with the same amount I'm feeding 1 and half cups? The food she is being fed till I get black hawk is bonnie adult complete 20% protein 9% fat, Where the black hawk is 25% protein 14% fat.

If I were you, I would go by the guide on the bag, Bonnie and BH are totally opposite ends of the scale IMO, but feed her the amount she needs for her ideal weight not what she weighs now, hope that makes sense. You will probly find you will not need to feed anywhere near the amount of Bonnie you have been feeding. Let Shelly be the guide, and adjust to suit. 3 kilos is a lot in one week! Has she been doing extra excersise as well or has it just been diet?

no it's been diet and exercise I walk her 40 minutes once day or 40 minutes in the morning and then again in the afternoon, It depends how busy I am on the day. I'm also trying to get my chihuahua to lose weight he gets the same amount of exercise, Rascal the chi weighed 4.8kgs when started and now weighs 4.6 so hasn't lost much in a week. I blame my auntie really as she is trying to claim him so she has been feeding him and too much at that.

A lady I got onto BH has a young very energetic Shepherd she has tried on a few different types of Food without much success. She was always very lean dispite eating vast quantities of food. She has been on Black Hawk for a month or so, has put on weight and is looking fantastic. The owner is very pleased as it is vastly cheaper than what she was feeding her and she is actually putting on much needed weight :D

Guest english.ivy

A lady I got onto BH has a young very energetic Shepherd she has tried on a few different types of Food without much success. She was always very lean dispite eating vast quantities of food. She has been on Black Hawk for a month or so, has put on weight and is looking fantastic. The owner is very pleased as it is vastly cheaper than what she was feeding her and she is actually putting on much needed weight :D

My Pointer was the same. His weight is perfect and Ivy keeps great weight too. I find I don't have to watch their weight, they just stay steady on BH :)

I have put 9 cats on it. They all took to it without any problems but 3 had sloppy poo which stuck to their bums (Persians) when I had finished making the switch over. It's fine if I mix it 50/50 with Royal Canin so I am sticking with that mixture.

I might do the same as my boys have been a bit sloppy too. I thought it was the roo meat they were on but I havent fed them that in ages and the poos still aren't great. They also seem a bit stinkier than they were on the Eagle Pack. Im still happy with the food overall though!