Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

Badger reached a great weight on BH and I dropped off the amount he was receiving a little and don't think I should have. Pointers do my head in!

So back to feeding him nearly three cups a day.

Does BH only have the 1 puppy dry food? I'm new and can't really find squat on it all and unfortunately 79 pages of reading is real hard for me!

I'm just asking as I believe the puppy formula has 30% protein is that too high in peoples opinions for large breed growth (labrador 9 weeks)

I dunno if its even in SA!

Appreciate any info :)

Thanks

Ben

For the people who get their BH from us, I have spoken to the couriers & been told that if you want your BH before Christmas then you should have your order in by Monday 19th at the latest. There wont be any deliveries between 24th December & 3rd January. ;)

Ben just feed the adult version if you are worried, foods like royal canin lab junior have the same amt of protein anyway as the bh puppy

Was thinking that, cheers.

On the advice of breeders etc. I have raised my BC puppy on the Adult BH since I got him at 11 weeks. Took him for a check up last week @ 8 months & the vet gave him 100% thumbs up. The adult one is 25% protein.

Ben just feed the adult version if you are worried, foods like royal canin lab junior have the same amt of protein anyway as the bh puppy

Was thinking that, cheers.

On the advice of breeders etc. I have raised my BC puppy on the Adult BH since I got him at 11 weeks. Took him for a check up last week @ 8 months & the vet gave him 100% thumbs up. The adult one is 25% protein.

Well that is good news :)

Yes I reckon I've made my mind up, I hear great things about the product and it appears many have had success on the adult product.

Thanks for the advice.

Guest donatella

probably silly question here, but I bought 3kg of the puppy BH for my 7 month old Pom and with my reading on feeding i'm starting to think I should be feeding her adult formulated foods now.

its not a problem for me to buy some more if I really should be feeding her the Adult BH? I'd rather spend the money to make sure she's eating the right food.

i'm looking to foster pups shortly so the puppy mix will most certainly go to use. or my mum has a 15 year old dog, would she benefit from the higher protein food as a senior?

Edited by donatella

How do I obtain these buscuits, I live in Brisbane region, (sorry their is 80 odd pages to this link if its already been mentioned on this post) I am keen to trial the adult BH variety. RC is getting too expensive and only 15KG bags...thanks.

How do I obtain these buscuits, I live in Brisbane region, (sorry their is 80 odd pages to this link if its already been mentioned on this post) I am keen to trial the adult BH variety. RC is getting too expensive and only 15KG bags...thanks.

Contact Julana at .... mailto:[email protected] She sells them up there & does a regular run to Brisbane :)

Edited by sheena

probably silly question here, but I bought 3kg of the puppy BH for my 7 month old Pom and with my reading on feeding i'm starting to think I should be feeding her adult formulated foods now.

its not a problem for me to buy some more if I really should be feeding her the Adult BH? I'd rather spend the money to make sure she's eating the right food.

i'm looking to foster pups shortly so the puppy mix will most certainly go to use. or my mum has a 15 year old dog, would she benefit from the higher protein food as a senior?

Yes a seven month old Pom is certainly old enough for adult formulation.

Also the Puppy mix may be too rich a mix for an elderly dog and it could become fat on it.

Can someone please tell me what on earth is going on with the Sydney Distributors... Kel very politely told me she is no longer selling the food and the other listed on the Black Hawk Holistic website told me to "piss off" when I inquired about purchasing a 3KG bag from them :eek::mad

I like the food and until now it has been great to deal with the distributors etc.... but I'm not very impressed to get an email telling me to "piss off" ... I just want to buy some dog food :(

Where should I be purchasing the food and/or why am I getting strange responses???

Can someone please tell me what on earth is going on with the Sydney Distributors... Kel very politely told me she is no longer selling the food and the other listed on the Black Hawk Holistic website told me to "piss off" when I inquired about purchasing a 3KG bag from them :eek::mad

I like the food and until now it has been great to deal with the distributors etc.... but I'm not very impressed to get an email telling me to "piss off" ... I just want to buy some dog food :(

Where should I be purchasing the food and/or why am I getting strange responses???

That's pretty naff.. :S

My 20KG bag has almost run out, need to contact Julana to get some more in :) Hugo's coat looking wonderful but he's a bit pudgy.. we may be overfeeding him.

Yes a seven month old Pom is certainly old enough for adult formulation.

Also the Puppy mix may be too rich a mix for an elderly dog and it could become fat on it.

if you want, feed the puppy [or older dog] a lower portion of dry and supplement the daily dietary quota with an amount of other food [raw perhaps] that balances the intake for the day...

Can someone please tell me what on earth is going on with the Sydney Distributors... Kel very politely told me she is no longer selling the food...

eekm0ex.gif omg! kel's [um, was] my supplier!

...and the other listed on the Black Hawk Holistic website told me to "piss off" when I inquired about purchasing a 3KG bag from them :eek::mad

well that was rude...

i'll be watching this space, fo shizle!

Just advising that if any Black Hawk users that are having difficulty getting hold of their dry food... though I certainly have no desire to push out any local distributors or retailers and will always advise inquiries of where they can obtain BH local to them, if anyone is dstruggling to get hold of the product, we post anywhere in Australia and do so every business day.

Yes, postage costs are involved but it may not be as dear as you think and certainly worth an inquiry, considering the food will be delivered to you. :)

k9softdogcrates.com.au

Edited by dyzney

Hi, You havn't contacted us...we are quite happy to send to Sydney, in fact most of our feeders come from down that way. Goes on the truck within 24 hrs of the funds being recieved. :thumbsup: We subsidise the delivery cost, so it is just $10 for up to 20kg. I have PM'd you :)

BTW... I am sure Sherel would be interested to know which distributor told you to P...O.... :eek:

Edited by sheena