Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Your probly right, anyway all good now, they got the order in and we picked up a bag of adult. Putting them cold turkey on puppy for two nights was a disaster, not sure if it was coincidence or not but they drank so much water and all 4 went out about 3 times during the night to pee. :laugh:

Its my own fault for letting it go so long and just assuming the shop would have stock, I wont do that again. :laugh: Its been well recieved here in town the shop owner said they can hardley keep up with it! Price has gone to $89 now is that comparable to other prices?

Not sure where you are, but if you ever get stuck again, and if Mornington is not too far away for you, we always have stock of all 20kg bags. - $75 Lamb & Rice and Chicken & Rice. $80 Puppy and Feline. Pick up by appointment, happy to do outside business hrs.

www.k9softdogcrates.com.au

0412 070 866

Edited by dyzney

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your probly right, anyway all good now, they got the order in and we picked up a bag of adult. Putting them cold turkey on puppy for two nights was a disaster, not sure if it was coincidence or not but they drank so much water and all 4 went out about 3 times during the night to pee. :laugh:

Its my own fault for letting it go so long and just assuming the shop would have stock, I wont do that again. :laugh: Its been well recieved here in town the shop owner said they can hardley keep up with it! Price has gone to $89 now is that comparable to other prices?

Not sure where you are, but if you ever get stuck again, and if Mornington is not too far away for you, we always have stock of all 20kg bags. - $75 Lamb & Rice and Chicken & Rice. $80 Puppy and Feline. Pick up by appointment, happy to do outside business hrs.

www.k9softdogcrates.com.au

0412 070 866

Thanks for the offer but a bit far away, I'm in Warrnambool. Im silly because i have 3 friends in town who feed the same and I could have went and got a few days worth off them but It just didn't cross my mind.

Yes I still think the price is good, If I went back to what I was feeding before it was $115 - $120 for 15 kilos so BH is still good value. I was only paying $75 a bag at the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to purchase my first bag of this. I notice a local pet stOre is now stocking it so I enquired about price. They are charging 102.50. So I rang another supplier about an hour away and I'm picking a bag up from this weekends dog show for $85. Great price, hope it works for my dogs!

• 2 weeks later...

I need more food and the person I get it off don't have anymore, Now I'm stuck on what to do.

Where abouts are you, if outer east or heading out through Beaconsfield, I may be able to help out.

I'm afraid I'm in merbein near Mildura 6 hours away from melbourne. I may have to look for another food now.

I need more food and the person I get it off don't have anymore, Now I'm stuck on what to do.

Where abouts are you, if outer east or heading out through Beaconsfield, I may be able to help out.

Do you have a store Austerra? We are up in berwick every Saturday and just noticed we are running rather low!

Do you have a store Austerra? We are up in berwick every Saturday and just noticed we are running rather low!

Yep, in Beaconsfield Plaza near Aldi, if you know the area we are just along from the chemist opposite Subway.

I'm afraid I'm in merbein near Mildura 6 hours away from melbourne. I may have to look for another food now.

Have you checked Black hawk website or emailed them for suppliers near you? Good luck in finding someone local to you.

Yep, in Beaconsfield Plaza near Aldi, if you know the area we are just along from the chemist opposite Subway.

Ah I know the one! Will stop by next time I'm up that way :-)

Thanks!!

Ah I know the one! Will stop by next time I'm up that way :-)

Thanks!!

Open till 1pm on Sat, 5.30pm weekdays.

I thought you took them off BH?

There is national suppliers, my mum lives in central NSW, a long way from any distributors and she manages to get it just fine, have a look on the BH website and look for the websites listed as national distributors

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just bought a new 20kg bag of the new Chicken and Rice, having only ever fed the Lamb and Rice prior.

Can anyone tell me if the shape has changed just for this flavour, or has it changed for the lamb one, too?

The lamb one was a deep rich brown and smaller, and I know it's hard to judge just on looks but it just looked like good quality, the biscuits were smooth, and I found the smell pleasant and rich (for a dog food that is, certainly didn't do anything for my personal appetite! laugh.gif)

However, I have opened the bag of Chicken & Rice to find the biscuits flatter and rounder, lighter in colour and rough, and just all round looking like an inferior product. If it didn't come out of a Black Hawk bag, I would swear it was cheap stuff :o It is quite comparable to the bag of Bonnie I have lying around from yonks ago.

Anyway, the dogs have only been on it for just under a week so I will keep an eye on them to see if anything changes. I'm sure it's all good, I was just wondering about other people's experiences and if it was just the Chicken & Rice that looked like this. If the Lamb & Rice hasn't changed, I'll be going back to that one when this bag is done.

Edited by RubyStar