• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I have feed my 12 month old Stafford BH since i got him at 13 weeks old. He looks AMAZING on it and had great weight but my last bag i noticed he and my now 5 month old girl didnt like it. They would only eat it cos they refused to eat it and got hungry and would only eat it if i mixed mince or scraps with it. Cos they stopped eating properly they both lost weight. My boy also had Bad itching for ages. I thought it was a grass allergy but about 2 weeks ago ive now changed dry food and altho they are still a big fussy they have both gained wait and ive noticed hes stopped itching.

Sad i had to change from BH as the dogs looked really good but id prefer them to be happy and eat their food. If thier coats conditions drop ill have to suppliment the new dry food

Hmmmn interesting! We've been feeding BH since the home delivery/white plain bags days for 4 dogs and 4 cats.... They all devoured it at every opportunity, even breaking into cupboards to steal it!

Our second last bag of cat kibble was a completely different size to the norm and the cats reluctantly ate it, often leaving it.... Now not a single one has EVER left food in their bowl EVER! Now with another bag the kibble is the regular size but we are finding that after we feed them the cats act like they are all starving! So have pretty much been feeding them double to stop the yowling. One of the cats has since developed a severe gut intolerance to BH and has been switched successfully to VAN (Vets All Natural).

We have whippets who have always done well on BH but the last few months/bags we've seen a deterioration in their once glossy, smooth coats. I thought maybe it was just the colder weather until I was reading the last few pages of this thread!

All our dogs are mostly fed raw with kibble as an activity feed. Of late we've been feeding one meal of BH and one of raw meat/bones.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't thought to check if ingredients had changed, but panto's fur isn't as nice this year and she's had upset tummy more often recently. I had put it down to one-off possibilities of tradies leaving food behind or the fact she is getting old, hadn't thought it could be her food...

I wonder if ingredients had changed? Doesn't look like it and she still eats it as normal.

Mine have been on BH since the white bag days and all still love it and eat every mouth full. I have only ever noticed once in a bag one single piece of different food as it was red in colour. I have heaps of local friends all who are feeding BH now and their dogs are loving and thriving on it. I used to only pay $75 for a bag but the last bag I got was $99, still reasonably cheap I guess compared with some.

My two dogs are still thriving on it. Just out of interest, seeing that the BH thread has popped back up, there is a new one out called Fish & Potato (the potato is actually sweet potato). It is about $10 to $12 dearer than the Lamb or the Chicken, for a 20 kilo bag, but I am interested in feeding some to my guys as a bit of a change. Here is the ingredients list

Fish & Potato Adult Dog - NEW

Ingredients:

Anchovy & Ocean Fish Meal, Salmon Meal, Sweet Potato, Ground Whole Brown Rice, Fish Oil (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols, source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract), Oat Groats, Field Peas, Natural Fish Flavour, Emu Oil, Poultry Oil, Whole Linseed, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Inulin, Carrots, Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Dried Rosemary, Tomato Powder, Dicalcium Phosphate, Egg Powder, Potassium Chloride, Yucca Schidegera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulphate, Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (Min) 22%

Crude Fat (Max) 14%

Crude Fibre (Max) 4.5%

Crude Ash (Max) 9.0%

Phosphorus (P) (Min) 0.8%

Calcium (Ca) (Min) 1.0%

Moisture (Max) 10%

Omega 3 Fatty Acid (Min) 0.6%

Omega 6 Fatty Acid (Min) 1.7%

I had no idea there was a fish one, my supplier doesn't stock it. My oldest dog loves fish so might be worth a try for my lot.

It has only become available since 1st July. I just gave my two a small handful to try & it got the :thumbsup: The bag has a resealable zipper on it too which is a good idea, especially seeing that it has a real fishy smell.

Not sure either, except that it would be 100% Australian fish. Why don't you drop them a line on their Facebook page...Jody is pretty quick to answer any questions. I gave it 1/2 & 1/2 last night with the Lamb to my guys & they pushed their plates all over the floor, licking up the last crumb :laugh:

the size of the kibble is bigger too.

I had my Brittany pup on it, he never really seemed to like it very much - he's not really a fan of the red meats - much prefers chicken or fish. I was excited when I saw that they had the different flavours, but they're only for adult dogs. I wish they'd offer more with the puppy food.

I can't find them on Facebook? I searched black hawk holistic and Blackhawk holistic and got nothing?

Anyone know what they're under on Facebook?

Edit: nevermind - found under black hawk pet care :)

Edited by mackiemad

I can't find them on Facebook? I searched black hawk holistic and Blackhawk holistic and got nothing?

Anyone know what they're under on Facebook?

Edit: nevermind - found under black hawk pet care :)

I was just finding it for you...but looks like you have found it :) For anyone else who can't find their FB page go to Black Hawk Pet Care & on the RHS there should be a link to FB...at least it shows up on my screen :)

Hey Guys, I'm googling but thought someone here might know, does the fish come in cat food and also is there anywhere in Traralgon that sell BH?

Never mind figured it out!

Edited by tlc

• 1 month later...