Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my sample of Black Hawk and the boys went absolutely nuts for it. Considering one is a extremely fussy eater. They both love working for pieces of it during training.

Will definately be ordering a bag once I finish my current RC one

I have had my 3 on it for the past week and they love it. One has a sensitive tummy so I just got a 3kg pack to start and see their reaction but so far so good. In fact a 20kg bag showed up this morning :rofl:

We transitioned to Blackhawk a month ago and all is good. We were using Artemis which we still think is a high quality product (albeit expensive) and would happily go back to it if need be. Although, the value/freshness and delivery service of Blackhawk can't be ignored. Great local product :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest english.ivy

Updates ..

Just curious as to how everyone's dogs are going on Black Hawk? Quite a few of us started feeding it a couple of months ago :(

My two still love eating it and their coats are very shiny! Compared to my OH dogs who eat Advance, my two have a much nice looking coat. I also used to find it hard to keep my Belgian Shepherd at a steady weight, no issues with that anymore.

My Pointer pup has put on a great coverage of weight and looks stunning. Though now I think I might have to start feeding him a little less now he's fattened up.

I'm due to buy another 20kg bag!

My BC girl is going great on it...lovely shiny soft coat & loves her Black Hawk. I sometimes babysit my daughter's two maltese x's & they are very fussy eaters of kibble. I put out two bowls of BH & went looking for the second dog, not realising the first dog had cleaned up both bowls & was keen for more. :( I have suggested to my daughter that she buys them some BH, but she claims that her dogs get the farts if they are fed lamb. Has anybody noticed an increase in farts in their dogs. Mine is fine..she is a real lady at the best of times. :)

Billie loves it. We finished the sample a week ago and am waiting on a reply so we can buy a full bag.

I can't smell so not the best person to assess flatulence. OH hasn't said anything so I assume no problems. :(

Mine are doing well on it. In the last bag there were several pieces of another type of food though? I emailed and told Kel about it but haven't had a reply. They were larger, square and a slightly reddish colour. Is this a different variety?

I am onto my second 20 kilo bag and all mine are going great guns. Empty bowls every night. It seems to have stimulated Cooper appetite as I have had trouble with him and food since he was a pup but we went to the vets a couple of weeks ago and the vet said he looked a little bit overweight which he has never been in his life.

Overall I am very happy with this food, the quality, the price the service all good!!

I have not noticed any other food mixed in with mine so I can't help Gretel.

Guest english.ivy
My BC girl is going great on it...lovely shiny soft coat & loves her Black Hawk. I sometimes babysit my daughter's two maltese x's & they are very fussy eaters of kibble. I put out two bowls of BH & went looking for the second dog, not realising the first dog had cleaned up both bowls & was keen for more. :( I have suggested to my daughter that she buys them some BH, but she claims that her dogs get the farts if they are fed lamb. Has anybody noticed an increase in farts in their dogs. Mine is fine..she is a real lady at the best of times. :)

My two have stopped farting on BH, I don't notice them stinking unless they get a fatty lamb shank or eat something they shouldn't have.

Mine are doing well on it. In the last bag there were several pieces of another type of food though? I emailed and told Kel about it but haven't had a reply. They were larger, square and a slightly reddish colour. Is this a different variety?

I've not seen the puppy one, so maybe it was some of that? My have never had a different type in them. Maybe just human error hopefully.

Oh I meant to say I haven't noticed any wind with my lot at all. They do drink lots and lots of water after eating thier tea which I have not noticed on other dry foods, (EP and Nutro)

Lots of different dog foods are made at the same factory so I would say that something else has snuck in. I had a green kibble the other day in the Holistic Lamb & Rice.

i've been feeding my two on BH for several months and they both seem to be doing well on it --- i've cut back on the suggested quantity to help with some weight loss and that too has been successful :)

i started my cat on BH about a month ago but i'm still feeding half/half advance/BH so i don't think i can comment on BH benefits just yet...

neither of my dogs seem to have an issue with gas :rofl:

less, but good output too from both species :)

We have 8 shelties here, 4 of whom were on the US made Nutro product, until approx 3 years ago, when it was "pulled" from the Australian market.

We have tried other products, including the Australian made Nutro, and whilst we have been happy with Nutro, Black Hawk offers us just as much, if not more, in the quality of ingredients. :rofl:

We are more than happy with the results in terms of condition of our dogs coats, stool content, etc etc etc and Black Hawk is cheaper than Nutro, which goes a long way when one has a number of dogs to feed. :)

Mine have been on it a little while now I have noticed no flatulance, Lewis cannot handle raw lamb but has no issues with BH.

They do less poos than they did, they have good coat and condition which they had before, I have had to cut down the quantity but that may also be due to the fact they are having a little less exercise due to the humidity and warmer weather.

I am very happy with the quality and price, so much so I am now a distributor :rofl:

Just reporting in that the allergic boy is coping much better and is not settled back into Black Hawk.

MEH is that NOT settled or NOW settled? I am interested as I have 16 dogs here atm and any food that is super premium and cheaper than those currently on offer is of interest to me. Some of the rescue shar pei have terrible skin so knowing how allergy suffering dogs go on it will help me make up my mind.

Hi AMS

Just to let you know Shar Pei Rescue in Vic are currently trialling another formula for Black Hawk which we are hoping will suit Rescue shar Pei's, These Shar Pei's have not had BLack Hawk Holistic the current formula as Vic Shari Pei Rescue wanted a lower protein for shar Pei fever, l am hoping this formula will suit the shar Pei's must be aweful for them re skin issue's, so far reports have been good although is only been a week. If you would like to be kept updated on the progress please email me on [email protected] or call me on 0400311139 happy to try help with any issues

Sherel

Just reporting in that the allergic boy is coping much better and is not settled back into Black Hawk.

MEH is that NOT settled or NOW settled? I am interested as I have 16 dogs here atm and any food that is super premium and cheaper than those currently on offer is of interest to me. Some of the rescue shar pei have terrible skin so knowing how allergy suffering dogs go on it will help me make up my mind.