Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Guest english.ivy
Thanks to Sherel to her quick replies, I look forward to trying a sample.. The price is fantastic :laugh:

Yay!

So, anyone eaten a piece themselves?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ewwww no :laugh: but it does smell good in a very dog related way of course. I bought a sample of dog pro once and it smelt like hay and grass and the dogs would not have a bar of it, don't know what I was thinking actually! With BH I almost get accosted at dinner time, they just love it and empty bowls every night!

Guest english.ivy

I love dishing it out twice a day, they smell great and no I've not eaten one .. yet :laugh:

Just wish I could get my OH to switch his dogs over to it, he pays more than me for less dog food but still he won't swap. He pays $120ish for 16kg and I pay $90 for 20kg .. go figure.

Any hints on how I can get him to swap over??? He did just buy a 16kg bag of the food he feeds so I have about a month to work on getting him to swap! His dogs have iron guts so they'd switch well I think.

Guest english.ivy
Why does he have to swap if he is happy with what he is feeding?

Lets not start something like this in here, we're here to discuss Black Hawk. There are plenty of other threads on Dol to take your business :confused:

Skruffy n Flea - My Belgian used to be prone to getting chubby on other dry foods but since being on BH she's kept a very steady lovely weight. She gets the total of a cup a day, spread out over two meals. I was worried I'd still have trouble keeping her weight down but nope!

Edited by english.ivy

Hi All

The lite isn't currently avaialble but we will add it to the Black Hawk range sometime this year, l will post here when its available. plus we may ad another flavour

As for someone trying it personally themselves l know two people who have tried it themselves as their dogs love it and they said it was quiet nice. LoL l personally havent tried it, all our ingredients are sourced form the human supply chain so they were happy to try it.

Sherel

Why does he have to swap if he is happy with what he is feeding?

Lets not start something like this in here, we're here to discuss Black Hawk. There are plenty of other threads on Dol to take your business :thumbsup:

Skruffy n Flea - My Belgian used to be prone to getting chubby on other dry foods but since being on BH she's kept a very steady lovely weight. She gets the total of a cup a day, spread out over two meals. I was worried I'd still have trouble keeping her weight down but nope!

My question was regarding this thread, you wanted him to change foods, I was simply asking why.

I have no idea what else you are referring to.

Guest english.ivy
I have been asked about the lite so will let people know it is coming this year :laugh:

I look forward to hearing about what new meats/flavours there will be! Even though my two love the lamb hehe

Are you having much interest with the BH down your way OSoSwift?

Hi All

i will definitely post when Black Hawk release the lite formula.

would be interested to hear peoples prefered meat flavours and why ??

And other ingredients and why, ie dried carrot, dandelion, kelp, etc etc,'

Regards

Sherel

Hi winterpaws

You can either send me your post address via email at [email protected] and l will post you a sample or you can contact Kelly NSW Black Hawk distributor on 0458230777 or [email protected]

It comes in a 20kg bag but we are happy to bag up any amount

Regards'

Sherel

I'd be interested in finding out a bit more and trialling some of this for my motley crew.

Can anyone tell me what size bags it comes in and the price?

Where in NSW would I be able to purchase this?

Hi Bundy's Mum

Your welcome. we do try to be quick, and if no one has received a sample they requested please let me know, They do & hav gone missing in the post.

Please let us know how the fur kids like their sample & thanks for letting us know the sample arrived

Regards

Sherel

Sample arrived yesterday, talk about quick!! Thankyou Sherel :confused:

I have been asked about the lite so will let people know it is coming this year :confused:

I look forward to hearing about what new meats/flavours there will be! Even though my two love the lamb hehe

Are you having much interest with the BH down your way OSoSwift?

We are getting there. It has only been word of mouth and mainly through Dog club at this point, but have 5 different customers so far who tell me they will continue to buy it long term. One has already put another person on to me so hopefully is will spread as quickly around here as it did over Australia!!!!

Not bad considering I have had the food around 2 weeks!

Hi Bundy's Mum

Your welcome. we do try to be quick, and if no one has received a sample they requested please let me know, They do & hav gone missing in the post.

Please let us know how the fur kids like their sample & thanks for letting us know the sample arrived

Regards

Sherel

Sample arrived yesterday, talk about quick!! Thankyou Sherel :rofl:

Tried it tonight and the red one loved it.. think we're onto a winner :confused: He inhaled it... and even went back to check for scraps :D I shall be in touch..

Hi All

i will definitely post when Black Hawk release the lite formula.

would be interested to hear peoples prefered meat flavours and why ??

And other ingredients and why, ie dried carrot, dandelion, kelp, etc etc,'

Regards

Sherel

Hello, I'm far from being a regular here, but have to speak up. We swapped our dogs off barf and onto BH because one of them has chicken/ beef allergies (we're not sure which, and he was so unhappy on an elimination diet that we never managed to properly test them both out individually, so we just avoid both for now), and BH was one of the relatively few foods on the market that is free of chicken and beef and wheat (another thing we avoid for both our dogs). So we are thrilled to pieces with the lamb and rice! And the barf-from-birth dog (the one without allergies) finds this dry food very palatable (she's avoided other dry foods).

When the emu oil was added I thought it was a bit of marketing nonsense, but it has definitely made their coats softer. Very happy about that.

If you were looking at adding flavours, we'd be interested in something with seafood (preferably sardines over salmon or tuna, for environmental reasons :confused: ), and i"d be pretty keen to see a roo flavour (certainly would be unique!). For us personally, we wouldn't buy any flavour with beef or chicken ingredients. Just figured I'd mention it because I'm sure some customers out there like BH because it's beef/ chicken/ wheat free, like we do.