Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cassie these are the details that appeared in an add for Black Hawk in the recent DogsSA canine journal:

Available in 5kg bags and 20kg bags for more information contact Rod and Marilyn Thorn email address: [email protected].

There is also a contact phone number provided and I'll PM that to you.

Edited by ness

Hi Cassie

You have Marilyn & Roddy there in SA and also Mal & Alison. if you need any contacts have a look on www.kylainknls.com

Regards

Sherel

Is there anywhere I can buy this in SA or do I have to order it from interstate? It sounds really good :rofl:

Mine are going great on it. I have also noticed that Lewis's tendency to occassionaly try to eat some of Rommi's poo has stopped - hopefully forever! They also have smaller firmer poops - gotta love that :rofl:

Mine will stay on this :laugh:

Does anyone know if Canadie would be reasonably close/comparable to Black Hawk in quality and ingredients?

Looking at the ingredients of the Lamb & Rice Canidae I wouldn't feed it over Black Hawk. Wound probably choose Nutro over the Canidae too.

Edited by JulesP

Heres the thing, I am away from home and have to extend my stay and have only brought enough food with me to last till last night. (I was supposed to go home today) anyhow there is a shop in town that sells Canadie and I thought it might be similar to BH. I am loathed to just swap them strait over cold turkey but don't have much choice. I thought I would just feed them half the amount of dry they need and add some chicken wings. Had I been able to find Nutro I would have got that as they were on that before the BH.

Heres the thing, I am away from home and have to extend my stay and have only brought enough food with me to last till last night. (I was supposed to go home today) anyhow there is a shop in town that sells Canadie and I thought it might be similar to BH. I am loathed to just swap them strait over cold turkey but don't have much choice. I thought I would just feed them half the amount of dry they need and add some chicken wings. Had I been able to find Nutro I would have got that as they were on that before the BH.

I always just change straight from one food to another with no problems. This is always with super premium foods. I wouldn't go say Pal - super premium.

Whereabouts are you at the moment and people might know places to buy food?

Does anyone know if Canadie would be reasonably close/comparable to Black Hawk in quality and ingredients?

For me Canidae is far superior, especially the grain free.

If you can only get say the Canidae lamb and rice, then I would still prefer the Canidae to avoid the brewers yeast in the BH.

Edited by anniek

I'm about 20 mins out of Bairnsdale, I've only tried count dogulas and they have the Canadie (all types) there is a vet clinic and pet shop I could try but just thought I would probably go with Canadie as I know it is a premium food. Thanks for the prompt replies. I couldn't get to the shop tonight before they shut so it's chicken wings for the pooches, I'm sure they'll be wrapped with that!!

If you can only get say the Canidae lamb and rice, then I would still prefer the Canidae to avoid the brewers yeast in the BH.

Yeah I think it is the brewers yeast that is causing my dog problems.

I'm about 20 mins out of Bairnsdale,

Bugger a bit far to visit my produce shop in Lilydale :thanks: Send GayleK a PM as she is in Gippsland and might know of a Nutro supplier.

The dry food I feed mine in run-out emergencies is Nature's Gift Semi moist. Available from supermarkets. But like I send mine are used to diet changes.

Don't know of any Nutro supplier here. I emailed Nutro and they told me Petstock Traralgon was, but they aren't.

When I went to Adelaide I was concerned I hadn't taken enough Black Hawk for Isaak, as I noticed he'd lost a lot of weight while Dusty was in season, so I bought a 3kg bag of Pro Plan and mixed it with the Black Hawk to make it go further.

Thanks for the info Gayle, I'm really annoyed with myself, I should have packed extra and didn't plan on a family member having to go to hospital and having to stay on a bit longer. Anyway no matter won't be the end of the world. Thanks again for all the replies.

Hi tlc

my website has been updated with more distributors, www.kylainknls.com The Longford vet Dr Anette Miller is stocking Black Hawk, she is about 50 minutes by google maps from Bairnesdale. if you are free to go for a bit of a drive, if you end up stuck there for longer, call me l will post you down some Balck Hawk to see you through,

Regards

Sherel

Thanks for the info Gayle, I'm really annoyed with myself, I should have packed extra and didn't plan on a family member having to go to hospital and having to stay on a bit longer. Anyway no matter won't be the end of the world. Thanks again for all the replies.

Thanks Sherel, I was going to email you but thought the DOL brains trust would be a bit quicker. :rofl: it's annoying to think that the four bags you delivered to Lees the other day are just sitting there waiting for me to pick them up on my way home.

I can't get to Sale at the moment and it's looking like I will only be here for 3 more days so I'll just grab a small bag of Canadie and that should see me through.