Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hang on, W.TF. has been going on here :mad Do I gather that, Collies02 a.k.a. Sherel and APFE, BH have been receiving abusive emails, PM's and phone calls?. I SINCERELY hope that DOL members are NOT the GUILTY parties here, if so then SHAME on you. What gives us as members of the DOL community the right to abuse anyone. We are all here as Dog (and in general animal) lovers to help each other out.

Can I ask those guilty of such a "crime", how many other manufacturers of dog food have you contacted and personally abused?. I trust that you have had a satisfactory answer from them?, especially the multi-national corporations who probably don't give a hoot about your opinion. ;) :rofl:

If your dogs are doing well on Black Hawk, in the large scheme, does it really matter who is making it?.

Sherel, I hope you continue to participate in this thread. :) As you know we have been feeding BH for the last six months. We were die hard Nutro feeders for many years (and have tried a couple of other dried products and a home made diet).

We are EXTREMELY happy with the overall condition of our dogs in all respects and will continue to feed BH.

B.T.W our Birman cat is now on BH as well and wolf's it down. :)

Hang on, W.TF. has been going on here :mad Do I gather that, Collies02 a.k.a. Sherel and APFE, BH have been receiving abusive emails, PM's and phone calls?. I SINCERELY hope that DOL members are NOT the GUILTY parties here, if so then SHAME on you. What gives us as members of the DOL community the right to abuse anyone. We are all here as Dog (and in general animal) lovers to help each other out.

Can I ask those guilty of such a "crime", how many other manufacturers of dog food have you contacted and personally abused?. I trust that you have had a satisfactory answer from them?, especially the multi-national corporations who probably don't give a hoot about your opinion. ;) :rofl:

If your dogs are doing well on Black Hawk, in the large scheme, does it really matter who is making it?.

Sherel, I hope you continue to participate in this thread. :)

I agree!

Honestly can't believe some of the crap going on in this thread and obviously behind the scenes as well, it is very disappointing to read :(

I have purchased this product after some initial hiccups with obtaining and sample and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it was delivered.

Some dogs did well on it, others not so well. Most liked it, a few didn't. I've had similar results with Canidae. To accomodate the pooches I guess I will be feeding both depending on which suits the dog better.

A friend of mine is now feeding BlackHawk exclusively as she is extremely impressed with the condition on her dogs and also because her extremely fussy eater will actually eat Blackhawk.

I'm only new to black hawk and will be buying my first bag this coming week. I don't know why people are complianing so much about the food. I only feed 6 feeds from my sample, mainly cause my auntie feed some to her dog I also gave Rascal and Buddy a bit too.Even tho Shelley has only had 6 meals i already noticed a change. Yet people complain about black hawk but then reccomended hills science diet and sau its the best food. I'm thrilled that black hawk has been made and sold cheaper then hills etc. All i knew is i couldn't afford to spend $120 on 15kgs worth of food plus I didn't like the fact hills etc charge that amount of money for 15kgs. So Sherel i would like to say a big thank you for supply black hawk as you have made a good quailty food I can afford.PLease people don't come back at me saying if I can't spend $100 or more on food I can't afford to own a dog,That isn't the case I wanted to feed a good quailty food but thought #100 or more just for 15kgs wasn't cutting it for me. I'm speaking to people overseas who spend like $70 for 33 pounds for pro plan where here in australia is $120 for 33 pounds so thats $50 more we pay. Shelley was brought up on pro plan at the breeders when she came home i kept her on pro plan for a while and found she had sloopy poos.Her poos aren't sloopy when she is feed bonnie or black hawk. All i gotta say is if your not happy with the food then don't feed it, Just don't go around bad mouthing the people who do like it and the people who sell it.

Guest english.ivy

Sherel, I hope you continue to participate in this thread. :) As you know we have been feeding BH for the last six months. We were die hard Nutro feeders for many years (and have tried a couple of other dried products and a home made diet).

We are EXTREMELY happy with the overall condition of our dogs in all respects and will continue to feed BH.

Very well said :) I'm also thinking of switching my feline over the BH.

And why exactly do you think any of that has happened?

And why exactly do you think any of that has happened?

Gee why do you think - because people have nothing better to do???? or because people can't stand to see someone succeed or is it the ever present "conspiracy" theory....ohhhhh someone must be covering up something so lets go on the attack, how about you all just give it a rest.

The food works, plain and simple, it is good value, excellent value and gives excellent results. 30 odd years of feeding dogs and trying every food on the market including raw feeding in all of its forms tells me this, and feeding a whole kennel of dogs who are in superb, hard condition tells me this.

It is time people got over themselves - either feed it or don't......and those of you who don't or who supposedly feed then same food under a different label, well good for you, those of us that feed Black Hawk are happy, so lets just leave it at that.

edit sp

Edited by emilee

For the record I have not sent one abusive phone call, email or PM to Sherel or APFE.

I had a very cordial phone call with APFE maybe a year ago.

I have not said one negative thing about the food and have actually recommended it many times.

I have no idea why Sherel refuses to say that APFE make the damn food and I simply don't care anymore.

Edited by JulesP

Hi All.

I have been following this thread for quite awhile now and I'm amazed at some of the nastiness and backstabbing from a couple of people on this thread.

So let me introduce myself to you all as I have nothing to hide. My name is Debbie Milne and I show collies rough and smooth. I have been a long standing friend of Sherel's for some thirty odd years and if there is one thing I have noticed with her in those years is that her furkinds get the best that she can give them and more.

I have been using Black Hawk pretty much within a couple of months after Sherel started and have found it to be a excellent product and the dogs are doing great guns on it.

I believe this food speaks for itself and only YOU the owners that have decided to try this food can judge how your dogs go on it.

I believe this forum and especially this discussion group is a great tool if you want to share how all your dogs go on the food as long as that tool doesn't turn into an attack. Not all dogs are the same just like not all humans are the same.

I see she has answered all the questions thrown at her and to some that's not enough.

So my parting words to all the negativity on this discussion (only from a couple) is who gives a rats arse where it is made you either use it or you don't. Plain and Simple. The food can speak for itself. Only you can decide.

Bye for now

Debbie

I fail to see how asking questions can be called 'nastiness' and 'backstabbing'.

Well perhaps it has something to do with the private pm's and behind the scene discussion that have ended up going back to Sherel.

I have personally spoken to Dale Swift of APFE and he has told me he doesn't make the food. He has it contract manufactured and he owns and formulated the formulas.

Sherel is hiding nothing.

You've asked and you have been told.

So get over it and move on...

Debbie

Genuine question, does it honestly matter where it is made and by whom?

Does where it's made make you want to feed your dog a certain brand more or less?

Personally I've fed Advance for years and still have no idea where it's made, by who and whether it includes certain oils or not. The bottom line was my dog actually ate it and looked good on it......that's all I care about but that's JMO :)

sherel, i'm sorry you're leaving this thread --- it was here that i first learned of BH and it was the majority of posters, including yourself, that helped me make my decision to feed both my dogs and my cat BH and i haven't looked back and all three are doing well on it and looking damned good too...

whatever went on behind the scenes is very unfortunate, i know nothing of it, but i hope you can see your way clear to look past that and stay --- i'm excited about the possibility of your adding different varieties, and for me, this thread is the very best place for continued contact; a place where those that feed your product to their pets are kept best informed.

please reconsider :)

Dale said on THIS thread that he makes the food.

The only conclusion I can make is that everyone involved with this food are crap at communication.

And that matters because???????

It doesn't.

Feed the food or don't - easy.

One way of looking at it is he does make the food as he is a part owner of the Black Hawk company and he formulated it, however if it isn't actually made at his factory then you could say he doesn't. Two ways of looking at the same thing really.

I like another poster have no idea exactly where most other dry foods are made so honestly, I really don't see that it matters.

I also look forward to seeing what the new ranges/flavours may be and I hope that Sherel does come back to this thread. Anyone PMing and/or emailing nasty stuff - get a life!

Genuine question, does it honestly matter where it is made and by whom?

Does where it's made make you want to feed your dog a certain brand more or less?

Personally I've fed Advance for years and still have no idea where it's made, by who and whether it includes certain oils or not. The bottom line was my dog actually ate it and looked good on it......that's all I care about but that's JMO :)

It was the whole white bag/no name thing that originally had people asking were this food is from. It wasn't called Black Hawk then, it was called Holistic Lamb & Rice. I and I guess other people wanted more assurances.

It was a simple question that was never answered on the board. There were other threads that asked this too.

Had it come out as 'Black Hawk' I doubt any questions would have been asked. Had someone simply said "It was originally an export food made by APFE" that would have been the end of the questions.

I doubt greatly that anyone has been nasty via PM etc.

It was the whole white bag/no name thing that originally had people asking were this food is from. It wasn't called Black Hawk then, it was called Holistic Lamb & Rice. I and I guess other people wanted more assurances.

It was a simple question that was never answered on the board. There were other threads that asked this too.

Had it come out as 'Black Hawk' I doubt any questions would have been asked. Had someone simply said "It was originally an export food made by APFE" that would have been the end of the questions.

The way I see it if the company used the same bags say as pro plan etc the food wouldn't be afordable for most people. I think its good that they aren't wasting money on packaging as the bag gets thrown away anyway. If people are complaining about where this food is made etc why not complain about pro plan etc i bet they don't have on there packet made at 506 harry street nsw 2680 (example there)

The most of read on there packet is made in _____ then the date.

If your worried about where it is made etc how about asking your supermarket/butcher where they get there meat from. If your that worried try making your own dog food, I'm only new to black hawk but I find the food very good and i don't care where it is made as the food specks for itself with the dogs eg coat etc.

Edited by mumtoshelley

The way I see it if the company used the same bags say as pro plan etc the food wouldn't be afordable for most people. I think its good that they aren't wasting money on packaging as the bag gets thrown away anyway. If people are complaining about where this food is made etc why not complain about pro plan etc i bet they don't have on there packet made at 506 harry street nsw 2680 (example there)

The most of read on there packet is made in _____ then the date.

If your worried about where it is made etc how about asking your supermarket/butcher where they get there meat from. If your that worried try making your own dog food, I'm only new to black hawk but I find the food very good and i don't care where it is made as the food specks for itself with the dogs eg coat etc.

You don't want to know, fine. Why is it a problem if I want to know?