Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no it's been diet and exercise I walk her 40 minutes once day or 40 minutes in the morning and then again in the afternoon, It depends how busy I am on the day. I'm also trying to get my chihuahua to lose weight he gets the same amount of exercise, Rascal the chi weighed 4.8kgs when started and now weighs 4.6 so hasn't lost much in a week. I blame my auntie really as she is trying to claim him so she has been feeding him and too much at that.

You seem to be blaming a lot of people for your dogs being overweight...your aunty, it was your mum earlier...if these people are infact the ones overfeeding your dogs you need to put your foot down and refuse to let them give the dogs any food

I think 3kgs is too much weight for Shelley to lose in such a short period of time, but if she is still getting a balanced diet I guess its ok, as for the chi, 200g in a week is fine, they are only small dogs so keep that in mind. The chi lost 4% of his body weight, and Shelley lost 7% of her weight, you can't compare the two unless you look at the percentage lost, and I think the chi is on the right track there

Don't get me wrong I blame myself for allowing Shelley and Rascal to get the way they are, I blame myself for allowing my mum and auntie keep giving them food. I have put my foot down but it doesn't stop them from doing it. My mum keeps saying Shelley is straving not thinking she is a golden retriever and will eat if people keep feeding them. I've told her million of times she is a retriever they will continue eating as long as your willing to feed them. Problem being is if I put my foot down my parents crack it and say shes happy leave her alone etc. Then when I say that there are health problems with a dog being overweight eg can have a heart attack etc, My mum then turns around and says at least she died happy. Theres no wining with my parents and theres no point arguing with them.

What makes her think that Shelley is happy being fat? I'm yet to see a happy overweight dog, they all look miserable and don't want to move...which is understandable considering the weight they're lugging around

Show her these photos of my retriever, this is a happy, healthy retriever

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/163212_10150094096528025_535128024_6016702_7715035_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/165101_10150094093998025_535128024_6016696_5105725_n.jpg

Edited by GoldenGirl85

your goldie is gorgeous so fit. What does everyone do in rainy weather to exercise there dogs? I've also been told the quailty of the food has a part on the dogs weight. Shelley has been eating bonnie adult complete which is 20% protein and 9% fat. So maybe it could be the food too. Shelley now weighs 37kgs, Here are some pictures of what she looks like now.

2710674210107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2165371420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

My dog is still a pup, she was about 16 months old in those photos, I find that she self exercises fairly well, I don't tend to walk mine in the rain because they don't care either way, but when we had daily rain for about 2 months through dec/jan I rugged up in wet weather gear to walk them, they wore raincoats too so they didn't get too wet...poor pups were going stir crazy in the wet.

I don't walk mine daily atm because I'm fairly busy with uni, but they get plenty of game time with fetch and tug when I get home from work, and they both go to training at least once a week. When they do go for walks Lexi wears a backpack with a small amount of weight in it, that burns a bit more energy for a shorter walk, it also helps to build up muscle tone...if you're going to do that though make sure you don't fill the bag, Steve from K9 Pro suggests just 300g in each side is plenty to do the job

I am picking up some Black Hawk on Sunday if any of the Yass/ Canberra people would like me to collect them some as well am happy to do so

Pm me and i will send my bank details for you to transfer funds

Jacq

I brought my first bag yesterday all the dogs couldn't leave me alone when putting it in the barrel. I had Buddy,Shelley and Rascal sitting around the barrel begging for some. They loved there dinner so much that they kept checking there bowls to see if move was in them. Thanks for making this product all 3 dogs are loving this food.

My two older dogs have been on Black Hawk for about 5 months now and we couldn't be happier!! They are thriving, they eat less than they did of their previous premium kibble, and produce less waste too. I am actually picking up some more tomorrow and will start my new puppy on the puppy food.

Is there any news on the low fat dry food yet ?

My grey is refusing to eat her HIlls and RC low fat dry food unless I spike it with BH. It is getting to be a big problem as she is on low fat food because of pancreatitus.

If my whippets leave any in their bowls she is over there like a flash to clean up the remainder.

Thanks, Trish

I bought my first bag of BH last week. Very happy with it so far! As far as dog food goes, I actually think it smells quite pleasant so it must be appetizing for the dogs! Smells better than a lot of other premium (and non premium) foods I've tried.

Great service from the WA rep, too! thumbsup1.gif She warned me the dogs tend to put weight on with it so just keep a watch. Which is good because my girls need to put a couple of kilos on, they've lost a bit on their previous food.

I think the output is smaller, too, but I need more time to assess that properly because I am still mixing 50/50 with the old food.

Guest english.ivy

I bought my first bag of BH last week. Very happy with it so far! As far as dog food goes, I actually think it smells quite pleasant so it must be appetizing for the dogs! Smells better than a lot of other premium (and non premium) foods I've tried.

Great service from the WA rep, too! thumbsup1.gif She warned me the dogs tend to put weight on with it so just keep a watch. Which is good because my girls need to put a couple of kilos on, they've lost a bit on their previous food.

I think the output is smaller, too, but I need more time to assess that properly because I am still mixing 50/50 with the old food.

I found with Ivy, who tends to get a little chubby on other dry, she's keeping a very stready great weight on BH. It also made my skinny lanky Pointer pup to gain some weight. It keeps his weight steady too.

I just got a generous free sample of the feline BH, so far [she's on 50/50] and she's loving it. The BH bits are eaten with gusto.

Her litter tray is also looking good with brand new food added. Looking out for the runs but hasn't happened yet. The feline one also smells fresh, compared to Nutro.

Found out I can get the BH delivered to my door for $6. Makes getting it a lot easier.

Please don't tell me that Shelley my female golden loves BH but I'm trying to get her to lose weight as she is on the chubby side. Shelley is only getting 1 and half cups of BH a day, She gets exercise some days it is only 40 minutes,some days its 1 40 minute walk in the morning and a 40 minute walk in the afternoon, Some days its a 2 hour hike along the river/bush.