Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Has anyone noticed their dogs have a LOT more energy on BH? mine are only getting a handful with each meal atm, but even my Golden, who has always been fairly lazy is full of beans ever since I got the BH...Im impressed lol, she seems more 'switched on' too, but that could be because she is finding her brain lol

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone noticed their dogs have a LOT more energy on BH? mine are only getting a handful with each meal atm, but even my Golden, who has always been fairly lazy is full of beans ever since I got the BH...Im impressed lol, she seems more 'switched on' too, but that could be because she is finding her brain lol

Interesting! Mine have been barking, breaking plants and digging holes. Can I blame it on the food? :laugh:

Shelley is only getting 1 and half cups of BH a day,

I haven't read the recommended amount but that seems like alot for a dog trying to lose weight?

My dogs have been on Black Hawk for about a week now, and I am really happy with it! Even my fussy boy loves it and is keeping weight on which is a massive plus, energy levels have remained the same but they have all always been busy little beavers :)

Guest english.ivy

Shelley is only getting 1 and half cups of BH a day

I'd be feeding her less than that. Can't remember how old Shelley is sorry? Do you give Shelley just the BH or do you mix in raw meat/other things?

As a guide, my Belgian gets a total of 1c a day [spread over two meals] with raw meat added once a day, sometimes twice a day. Plus RMB.

GG yeah I've noticed a change in their energy! Though it's not a naughty energy, they just always seem on the go when I'm around but quickly settle when they have to. My Pointer has stopped digging up the lawn :laugh:

Shelley is 3 years old, Sometimes she only gets the BH. If she does get a bone or raw meat I cut back on the BH. So how much should I be feeding her? Could I fill her up with pumpkin,carrots and beans? I'll be getting her weighed again on friday to see if she has lost any more weight.

Edited by mumtoshelley

Is there any news on the low fat dry food yet ?

My grey is refusing to eat her HIlls and RC low fat dry food unless I spike it with BH. It is getting to be a big problem as she is on low fat food because of pancreatitus.

If my whippets leave any in their bowls she is over there like a flash to clean up the remainder.

Thanks, Trish

I have ordered a bag of the weight managment range (not sure of the name exactly) but wont be getting it till the long weekend. It is only in 20 kilo bags at them moment, so I am going halves with my girlfriend. Like GayleK said email or call Sherel directly to get more info.

I have been feeding two of mine less and less and especially my youngest boy just is not losing any weight so thought I would give the new weight managment range a try.

I find my guys have heaps of energy and to begin with it was like they were on speed, they are all really active but they were just over the top, this seems to have settled now, they have been on it for quite a few months.

One of my girls occasionlly has trouble with constipation so once or twice a week when I notice she is having problems she gets some pumpkin mixed in with hers and some psyllium husks and that seems to do the trick. This is not down to this food with her but any dry diet she is the same.

Loving thia food for my guys, they do well on it and they love it which is a bonus. Look forward to trying the new stuff for the two tubby ones!

Shelley is 3 years old, Sometimes she only gets the BH. If she does get a bone or raw meat I cut back on the BH. So how much should I be feeding her? Could I fill her up with pumpkin,carrots and beans? I'll be getting her weighed again on friday to see if she has lost any more weight.

around 2% of her ideal body weight. I use this as a guide and give or take depending on excersise and other things feed, bones/chicken wings/necks

I started my 11 week old BC Puppy on Black Hawk Adult from the day I got him & he went nuts over it. I am still not sure exactly how much to give him though, as he also gets RMB & mince & a kong stuffed with chicken mince/Black Hawk. He is growing well (upwards) & very active with nice poos, but always wants more food which I am reluctant to give him. At 12 weeks he is now about 8 kilos & I give him, all up, about a cup of BH plus the extras mentioned.

And before you go asking for a photo.....I have pre-empted :thumbsup: (taken at 11 weeks)

IMG_0806.jpg

Edited by sheena

Interesting! Mine have been barking, breaking plants and digging holes. Can I blame it on the food? :laugh:

Mine destroyed their first bed in well over a year, and have only been on BH for less than a week. I'm blaming the BH :rofl: :rofl:

I give my three older dogs (aged 3,4 and 5) about 3/4 cup of BH each per day and my energiser bunny on speed, Isaak......on whom I can feel every rib in his body, gets about 2 large cups. Plus they all get a chicken drumstick for brekkie and on weekends they get extra bones.

I'm actually really disappointed I still have LOADS of RC left...gotta get through all that before I buy BH, but I'm impressed, I think Ill just keep adding a handful to their dinner and let them enjoy the treat until I run out of the RC. Ill be glad to have one food for the two dogs...atm I have 3!

Do any of you guys have dogs that are hard to keep weight on? how do they go on 100% BH? My Golden is a lean machine, and last time I tried to put her on a full adult formula she lost a load of weight regardless of how much I fed her

Gg, I don't think you will have that trouble on BH, my oldest boy has been fussy since day dot but not with BH, he has never look better, really filled out he even has muscle definition now where as before he always looked kind of scrawny. I don't notice it as much when he has a full coat but after I clipped him last time it was evident how much his body shape had changed.

one thing to remember is not everybody may have the same "cup". I measure mine with the advance food scoop cup and it measures different to a metric household measuring cup, and I know some people use the old style camping mugs as a cup.

I started my guys on BH on Monday night and am so impressed. smaller less stinky poos, more energy in my 6yr old girl and god help me more energy on the 4mth old smooth baby (she didnt need any help LOL). I am actually weighing the food out at the moment whilst I work out what each individual needs and seeing how many of my cups it takes.

I have a 1/3 metric cup scoop and use that to gauge the amount each dog gets. Isaak gets 6 scoops and he's still bony, Dusty gets 2 and a bit scoops and she's very curvaceous.

Edited by GayleK

Pictures of Shelley couple of weeks back and some new pictures of her taken today. Also a picture of the measuring cup i use.

Before pictures of shelley

2710674210107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2165371420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

Pictures taken today

2495290420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2983946810107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

By going by the before pictures to today pictures I don't think Shelley has lost any weight, To me I think she has gained weight.

picture of my measuring cup I use

2127544130107041515S500x500Q85.jpg