Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi I just don't understand why Shelley is gaining the weight back on, I thought 1 1/2 cups a day was plenty for her, Specially since she gets alot of exercise most walks are 2 hours at the most, least she gets is 40 minutes. Just wandering if it could be cause of the high protein and fat? I'm waiting to hear back from Sherel about how much protein,fat and calories are in the weight mangerment BH.

My frined who has oreder mine and her bags of food found out from Sherel that in the weight managment range the fat content is 12% and the protien content is 22% at the moment it is oly available in 20 kilo bags but will soon be available in smaller amounts.

If you are in Melb I would think the one you would need to contact is Sherel, her email addy is [email protected]

the website is here

http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm

there is other contacts on there as well

Sherel doesn't reply to that email addy now - the email addy on the web site for Sherel and the one she told me to email her at is

[email protected]

For anyone down the Mornington peninsula there is a distributor in Mornington now who seems quite goodbigpond.com

Edited by jensgreys

Hi I just don't understand why Shelley is gaining the weight back on, I thought 1 1/2 cups a day was plenty for her, Specially since she gets alot of exercise most walks are 2 hours at the most, least she gets is 40 minutes. Just wandering if it could be cause of the high protein and fat? I'm waiting to hear back from Sherel about how much protein,fat and calories are in the weight mangerment BH.

Like I said, the Lab we have who is on a major diet is only being fed about max 1 cup a day, split over two meals. He is looking fantastic- his coat is so shiny and he finally has a waist. Wish I'd taken before photos... all the ones I have are of his face. I give him bones that have all fat trimmed from them- usually lamb ribs or 1/3 of a lamb neck, sometimes two chicken wings for dinner and a carrot and that is all. He eats the carrot like a bone :)

OK back from the vet, Rascal had his sitches taken out so while I was there I weighed Shelley and Rascal. Shelley now weighs 36kgs so she has lost 1kg from the last time I weighed her which was 2 weeks ago, So her food needs cutting back a bit. Rascal weighs 4.7kgs from 5kgs so his food is getting cut back too.

If you are in Melb I would think the one you would need to contact is Sherel, her email addy is [email protected]

the website is here

http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm

there is other contacts on there as well

Sherel doesn't reply to that email addy now - the email addy on the web site for Sherel and the one she told me to email her at is

[email protected]

For anyone down the Mornington peninsula there is a distributor in Mornington now who seems quite goodbigpond.com

Thanks for the info. I have emailed my details, and looking forward to trying this food on the fur family. Yep, I am in the Melbourne/Essendon area. :)

Has anyone noticed there dogs got dumber on BH? Ever since I have been feeding BH Shelley seems to be more stubborn and not listening much I often have to tap her bottom to get her attention. Or could it be that I am giving her too much freedom as she is offlead alot?

Has anyone noticed there dogs got dumber on BH? Ever since I have been feeding BH Shelley seems to be more stubborn and not listening much I often have to tap her bottom to get her attention. Or could it be that I am giving her too much freedom as she is offlead alot?

I doubt its the food...have you thought to get her hearing checked?

lol mumtoshelley. How old is your girl? Goldies often go through a stubborn phase between 6 and 10 months of age where they like to try you!!

Thankfully Lexi's stubborn stage didn't last that long lol, is there any future stages I should be aware of? my dog is being too perfect atm :rofl:

lol mumtoshelley. How old is your girl? Goldies often go through a stubborn phase between 6 and 10 months of age where they like to try you!!

Shelley is 3 years old,Hr hearing is prefect she can hear food drop a mile away.

Sounds like you need to do NILIF. She needs to work for every piece of food she is given, she will soon start paying attention to you when you want her

Eta add link

Edited by GoldenGirl85

I already do NILIF. I make her sit and wait for dinner she is only allowed to go to eat when I say its ok. My dad can even joke around and say Shelley ok and she won't move till I say it. Every so often she gets this way of being stubborn and not listening. It mainly happens when I don't let her go swimming when she wants to. Normally a gentle tap on the bottom and a firm No gets her back into line.

I normally would allow her to swim to her hearts content but not in horrible weather where she won't be dry by night fall. I guess in a way i'm too serious I aspect a dog to behave all the time. I normally give my dogs 2 warnings the next time they misbehave they are put back onlead.

Hi Everyone

i was not going to visit this thread but have decided that there are way to many Black Hawk Supportors and users and l like to stay in touch,

Sorry the weight management formula is not avaialble as yet, What you are getting is a lower protein/fat content formula we have a few bags left over from an export order,

Thanks

Sherel

The weight managment range is available now, it has less fat and less protien. I am trying it for my two chunky pups, I pick it up next weekend.

You are doing a great job and its best to spread the meals out during the day when you are trying to reduce weight,

By going by the before pictures to today pictures I don't think Shelley has lost any weight, To me I think she has gained weight.

I agree. She's lost her waist. Halve her food. Seriously.

I am successfully helping a very overweight labrador lose weight on blackhawk. He gets about 1/2 a cup in the mornings, and either a lamb flap or 2/3 cup in the evenings. He's now 35kg, down from 54!!

Hi MTS

Looking at your before and after photo's looks like coat difference to me, in the after photo's she looks to have a thicker coat, and it also looks like it's wet or been wet, ?? l see you have posted later that she in fact had lost one kg ao perhaps her coat is thicker in the second photo's

like people you need to reduce her calorie intake and increase her excercise, Some other peoples observations on their own dogs is they muscle up and often look like they have put on weight

Regards

Sherel

Pictures of Shelley couple of weeks back and some new pictures of her taken today. Also a picture of the measuring cup i use.

Before pictures of shelley

2710674210107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2165371420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

Pictures taken today

2495290420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2983946810107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

By going by the before pictures to today pictures I don't think Shelley has lost any weight, To me I think she has gained weight.

picture of my measuring cup I use

2127544130107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

My guys are going brilliantly on it

Coats are great, energy levels great, poo is nice and firm and small, they love the food and it really agrees with them

I love the fact that they have firmed up all over as well and their exercise has not changed at all

Service is always great!

Hi MTS

Looking at your before and after photo's looks like coat difference to me, in the after photo's she looks to have a thicker coat, and it also looks like it's wet or been wet, ?? l see you have posted later that she in fact had lost one kg ao perhaps her coat is thicker in the second photo's

like people you need to reduce her calorie intake and increase her excercise, Some other peoples observations on their own dogs is they muscle up and often look like they have put on weight

Regards

Sherel

Pictures of Shelley couple of weeks back and some new pictures of her taken today. Also a picture of the measuring cup i use.

Before pictures of shelley

2710674210107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2165371420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

Pictures taken today

2495290420107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2983946810107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

picture of my measuring cup I use

2127544130107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

She was swimming that day I took the pictures so was still a bit wet. I have noticed her coat seems thicker I just hope it doesn't change how much she sheds and the no to little odour she has. Hopefully since cutting her food back from 1 1/2 cups to 1 1/4 cup plus with the exercise she is getting she loses the weight. She went for a 1 and half hour walk today, a 30 minute offlead run/play at the oval on friday, Then on thursday,wednesday,tuesday and monday 2 hour offlead runing/swimming at the river and bush. So I have uped her exercise cut back a bit on the food so we will see how we go, If not she will be only getting 1 cup a day. I don't know how much food I can actually cut down too without doing any damage to Shelleys body.From a distance Shelley looks in great shape, but the closer you get you can tell she is a bit on the porky side. I feel like i'm a bad owner I not only have 1 dog overweight I have 2 overweight dogs. Then add me on top of that lol the whole 3 of us are on diets. God I feel so bad now after thinking about it.