Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

I have a query for distributors or those with knowledge on this food!! Just bought a 20kg bag of the lamb and rice holistic adult and there was 2 types of 20kg bags my local feed guy was selling. One had wheat flour and wheat products as the first ingredient. The other bag (the one I got) doesn't have wheat flour or wheat mentioned. What's the difference? Both labels said chicken and rice!

Glad I looked and got the one with identical ingredients to this:

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary. Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, DL-Methionine, Folic Acid, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

The other one definitely had wheat and wheat flour as the FIRST ingredient

Anyway came home and carried the whole 20kgs into the house, tore a corner off and Shyla went NUTS for it, put her head in the hole and wouldn't come out for a while :laugh:

Little hard to answer due to the secrecy surrounding these products but I believe that the product that had the wheat first is from a company called True Blue, who might be in NSW. So from a different company but still in a plain white bag.

Could someone please tell me what does holistic mean in dog food

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes we are in the process of sourcing smaller bags hoping for a 2kg & 10 kg will post when we have them but we are hoping to have them before christmas

Regards

Sherel

Can anyone tell me if only comes in a 20kg bag? Can you buy it in a smaller bag?

I only know of it in a 20kg bag... not sure for sure though

You could ask for a sample bag if you wanted to just try some

Thanks.

I hopefully will have a sample soon. I was only wondering if we did decide to put him back onto some kibble, that 20kg worth for a dog that is only 7kg is a lot, especially if it's not going to be the main part of his diet. But will see if he likes it first before I go any further.

Yes, definitely heaps for a dog that size! Maybe enquire and see if they at least do half sized 10kg bags

this would be awesome, :laugh:

Hi Trisham

SA is very close now, an oder will be shipped out to the Barossa Valley this week.

We also have a possible supplier only 1/2 hour from Adelaide centre currently trialling Black Hawk,

if you need some Black Hawk to see you through on your fussy one l can send you the same as last time. let me know

Regards

Sherel

Oh that is great to hear. Barossa Valley is not far from me and I would happily go for a drive out there to pick it up. Are you able to say yet where it will be or who to contact?

I can't get it anymore cause we moved to Darwin. There is nothing up here that is as good as it. I have to feed my Dobe only raw now as he gets sloppy poo syndrome on all other dry food that I've tried. Raw is good and he loves it but it was convenient to have dry that I know he could eat without causing any probs. :thumbsup:

Are there any other Darwin people that would be interested in getting it up here? If there was a few of us it would be more economical.

Hi Trisham

SA is very close now, an oder will be shipped out to the Barossa Valley this week.

We also have a possible supplier only 1/2 hour from Adelaide centre currently trialling Black Hawk,

if you need some Black Hawk to see you through on your fussy one l can send you the same as last time. let me know

Regards

Sherel

My whippets loved it too, when I tried them with a sample bag. The problem is getting it here in SA, seems impossible without a hefty freight charge. Hopefully Sherel will come up with someone who is interested in handling it here for her.

Thanks Sherel, that would be great, I have had no internet since Monday, so I just saw this message.

Trish

Edited by Trishm

I switched to Black hawk about a month ago and am extremely happy. Not a problem with the switch, I was getting eaglepack and struggled to find it, have used proplan and advance in the past and iams. I have less poo to pick up :crossfingers: and my dogs coats are looking better than ever.

The bullies will eat anything and so does the griff but the wolfhound can be a bit fussy but not this time. I still feed mine a bit of raw and they are thriving.

I'm also happier with the price, I've halved my dry food bill. :laugh::rofl: :p

Thank goodness for another choice! (I'm also saving a fortune by not going to the pet shops to get my dry food as I don't wander and pick up "unnecessary" ;) stuff :o )

Guest belgian.blue

A week since I swapped to BH, though they aren't eating it 100% just yet.

Going down well and I'm noticing less stinky Pointer farts :D

this is interesting.

I inquired (via email) about this product a few months ago.

I got the general feeling that they couldn't really be bothered.

They said it would cost them too much to send me a sample and that they said that really they only supplied people who would buy a whole pallet at a time.

I sent another email asking a couple more questions and never got a reply :)

this is interesting.

I inquired (via email) about this product a few months ago.

I got the general feeling that they couldn't really be bothered.

They said it would cost them too much to send me a sample and that they said that really they only supplied people who would buy a whole pallet at a time.

I sent another email asking a couple more questions and never got a reply :)

Hi I am the rep for central NSW/ACT. I don`t only supply people who will buy a whole pallet. I do offer breeders and people in more remote areas if they want to get a pallet with their friends they can get substantial discounts. I deliver to all of Sydney and surrounding areas and can arrange deliveries from Newcaste to Canberra or collection from shows as advertised on my website or from my place in Picton NSW. I answer all my emails so if you haven`t gotten a reply there has been a problem. Please send me a PM and I will make sure you get your sample and anser any questions you may have. Kel.

Is Lamb and Rice the only type of food that BH is going to be making, Sherel? My little boy loves it (and we'll be a one dog family soon :eek: so I suppose it doesn't matter too much as I still have over 10kg of EPH to get thru) but I would really prefer to feed him chicken based food. Bam can only eat the fishy EP but... yeah.

Looking forward to you releasing the smaller bags. Tucker LOVED the sample bag, so much so that he figured out how to open the cupboad and ate half of it before I discovered him :laugh: Thanks for sending it so promptly :o

Kelly I picked up a couple of samples from you at the Spring Fair on Friday. I didn't ask if they were puppy or adult?

Hi. There were adult but the puppy looks the same. It is the same flavor and and size kibble. Kel.