Is There A "dog Friendly" Lounge Suite?

LizT

I hate leather with a passion, its cold in winter then hot and sticky in summer, I love my micro suade lounge i spent 4 months going to every louge shop in 100kms and ended up with a vienna suite from fantastic in chocolate it has a fantastic fabric protction on it and when my daughter accidently got pen on it they sent someone out to clean it off for me.

Having said that im in a rural area so there wasnt heaps of choice i bet you could find somthing better for that price in a capital or larger city :thumbsup:

Yep, it's called either the floor, or bean bags! :rofl:

:laugh: Can see you don't have Cavs!

Although "slugboy" could use the beanbag LOL :thumbsup: Although 6ft 4 inch of stepping over is a pain if he stretches out on the floor.

Nope, I've got Staffords. The best lounge for them is my bed or wherever I happen to be sitting! :rofl:

Micro suede here too. I hate chunky/heavy furniture and have not personally found leather to my liking in the hot QLD weather.

I used to have a fabric 6 by 6 foor corner lounge and the toenails tore it to pieces (then someone started eatng the foam out of it!). I bought 3 x 6 foot lounges in an almost navy blue color from Super A Mart. They also fold out to be very comfy double beds for our frequent visitors. We have a white staffy, a black staffy and a husky/shep and I simply vacuum the lounges and wipe them over with a damp cloth and they look new again. Had them a year now and they always have dogs on them but no holes or stains. Each one cost me $299.

My aunt gave me her old leather lounge.

I love it. Stands up to hair and claws with no effect. But the dogs tend to lie on bean bags instaed of the lounge. When I had material they lived on it!

Of course if I get on it and recline it to watch TV. They are on me in a second.

another for leather

we have a kinda peach coloured suite which does start looking filthy very quick but I just give it a spray and wipe every now and then and all good. Our dogs leap all overit, the young one chewed it a lot and no holes or nothing.

It is hot in summer and cold in winter, but I sometimes use a throw if I am worried about my own comfort lol

Well I'm reading this with great interest! Our lounge suite is half dead...its time to get another even though I was hoping it would last just a bit longer in order for the dogs to ..er...mature more and not act so insane! Picture two lounges with 1 minus the seat cushions!

I was thinking leather too but I'm being swayed into looking at microfibre! I think Melbourne cup day might be shopping day as poor old Warrnambool dosen't get the public holiday. With a black dog and blackish brindle dog, its gotta be a dark coloured fabric methinks!

Mine is both-leather base, microfibre cushions to sit on and over sized throw cushions that you can move around into any arrangement which means the dogs can have one end without leaning/ lying on back cushions. Best couch i have ever had!

I have a microsuede lounge and it's sooo nice to sit on. But unfortunately it gets very dirty from the dogs and the material is very hard to clean, in fact impossible to completely clean.

Next time around I will be buying a leather suite so I can wipe off the doggie marks...lol

Leather for me. We have two lounges, one with fabric which now is covered with dog hair which is impossible to get out. The leather is great so easy to clean. I'm in Qld too and when we first bought it I was worried about it being too hot, but is not. When we replace the fabric lounge we will def be getting another leather lounge. Goldies are real couch potatoes. If there is a spare seat they are on it.

What a great idea buying extra fabric making throws though. :clap:

Black leather here.

We got a great deal from Fantastic Furniture. Real leather couch that reclines (and is huge, over 3 seater) and a single reclining chair for $1,300.

We have had it nearly 2 years now and it still looks brand new.

We have a chocolate brown microsuede lounge suite.

Has stood up really well to four coated dogs for five years, the few hairs that do stick vaccuum off and being scotch guarded a dry clean every once in a while brings it back to just about new.

It hasn't however stood up to my youngest daughter and her scissor accident *sigh* :clap:

Edited by SnoPaws

We have a chocolate brown microsuede lounge suite.

Has stood up really well to four coated dogs for five years, the few hairs that do stick vaccuum off and being scotch guarded a dry clean every once in a while brings it back to just about new.

It hasn't however stood up to my youngest daughter and her scissor accident *sigh* :)

Sounds like my son when he was 6 and "just wanted to see if they worked!" :clap:

Black leather here.

We got a great deal from Fantastic Furniture. Real leather couch that reclines (and is huge, over 3 seater) and a single reclining chair for $1,300.

We have had it nearly 2 years now and it still looks brand new.

That's good to know because it's not just about he hair shedding it's also the impact of the claws I'm concerned about with leather. No matter how much regular trimming my girls have had since they were babies you just can't seem to get Cavs claws shortish and they seems to curl more than other breeds do???

Mine is both-leather base, microfibre cushions to sit on and over sized throw cushions that you can move around into any arrangement which means the dogs can have one end without leaning/ lying on back cushions. Best couch I have ever had!

Sounds brilliant, where'd you get it from????

I'm after something "modula".