I'm Getting A New Baby (camera)!

huga

DAmmit Huga, I just saw your PM :o:laugh: Im so sorry i didnt get back to you. Yes i still have it though :laugh:

Oh bugger! I wasn't sure if you still had it, or whether you get on here much anymore. Not to worry, I got a pretty good deal anyway :o

DAmmit Huga, I just saw your PM :cheer::laugh: Im so sorry i didnt get back to you. Yes i still have it though :cheer:

Oh bugger! I wasn't sure if you still had it, or whether you get on here much anymore. Not to worry, I got a pretty good deal anyway :(

Brand new is good and even better now you're dealing with Mr Attree and he will now look after you very well when you need new lenses in the future and he won't talk to you like you're just some pleb who wants a big camera, he'll treat you right. :o

you're dealing with Mr Attree and he will now look after you very well when you need new lenses in the future and he won't talk to you like you're just some pleb who wants a big camera, he'll treat you right. :laugh:

I would hope he doesn't treat any customer or potential customer with that kind of disdain!! :cheer:

you're dealing with Mr Attree and he will now look after you very well when you need new lenses in the future and he won't talk to you like you're just some pleb who wants a big camera, he'll treat you right. :laugh:

I would hope he doesn't treat any customer or potential customer with that kind of disdain!! :cheer:

No, this is why Huga was recommended to go to him. He is one of few sales staff that respects all customers no matter who they are.

I have complained about camera sales staff before and I'm sure I'll do it again - most recently put in a complaint to management about someone three weeks ago. They see a woman and automatically go into, "she's a mum with a camera and I'll treat her like a moron." Guy serving me ignored me to serve two other (male) customers then when he got to me he baby talked until I dropped the name of his manager and mentioned he was a facebook friend then all of a sudden he was lovely and gave me a discount. Unfortunately I've also been on the otherside selling the cameras and I hear the way that the staff go on about female customers so I know that what they are thinking is very real (and it's also the reason I kicked butt with sales figures because I was happy to sell to anyone and didn't treat them like idiots.)

Unfortunately some sales staff are stuck in the '50's

I had fantastic customer service over the phone when I spoke to your guy, Alicia (after I mentioned you :() But when I dealt with the other staff yesterday, it was a bit of a different story. When I first went in there I said 'I'm here to pick up a D300s that I paid for over the phone yesterday. My name is Katie etc etc'. He comes back and says that there is no D3000 out there for me, and I said 'That's because it was a 300' :cheer: He said 'Oh sorry, I thought you meant a D3000'. Then I tried to give him the trade in camera and he said 'Oh we actually don't take trade ins' So I explained the Nikon trade in deal and he went and got someone else for me to deal with. Then we went through the same thing before she made a phonecall to check that it was a current promotion and it was ok to trade in a drowned film SLR :laugh: Then when we were going through all of that, another person came over and said that the deal was that it had to be a working camera to trade in. So he was reassured that it had all been checked with the big guy, but he was still pretty uncertain :cheer:

Anyway, we got there in the end.

I had fantastic customer service over the phone when I spoke to your guy, Alicia (after I mentioned you :() But when I dealt with the other staff yesterday, it was a bit of a different story. When I first went in there I said 'I'm here to pick up a D300s that I paid for over the phone yesterday. My name is Katie etc etc'. He comes back and says that there is no D3000 out there for me, and I said 'That's because it was a 300' :cheer: He said 'Oh sorry, I thought you meant a D3000'. Then I tried to give him the trade in camera and he said 'Oh we actually don't take trade ins' So I explained the Nikon trade in deal and he went and got someone else for me to deal with. Then we went through the same thing before she made a phonecall to check that it was a current promotion and it was ok to trade in a drowned film SLR :laugh: Then when we were going through all of that, another person came over and said that the deal was that it had to be a working camera to trade in. So he was reassured that it had all been checked with the big guy, but he was still pretty uncertain :cheer:

Anyway, we got there in the end.

If only Cameron could work seven days a week we'd all be happy customers.

I hate that they automatically assume that because you're a woman, you want the D3000 and can't possibly mean the D300. I think I need to go in to camera stores holding my awards and wearing my AIPP shirt and badge saying I'm a committee member just to prove that women can take decent photos and be active members of the photographic community. Stupid male mentality! I hate it!

For future reference. If you order lenses through them, find out when Cameron is working so you get the proper treatment up front rather than dealing with henchmen. :o

.... need to go in to camera stores holding my awards and wearing my AIPP shirt and badge saying I'm a committee member just to prove that women can take decent photos and be active members of the photographic community. ....

Good going with the new camera Huga.

Ashanali it's not just behind counters, they are on the streets, and yes it bugs me. (Oh, old lady, she must be useless, I'd better make sure she knows). So I was going to post this the other day and thought why bother, but it fits here.

Stopped to take a shot of a tin billboard we took some shots for. Its been up by a town police station for about a year, thought I'd get a picture before it comes down, they are usually annual space rentals. So I'm taking a photo and an expert stopped to watch. "You'd never get action shots like that with a little camera like that girley". Girley says: well I think I might, it's a fine camera, but yes I actually took these with a different one. Not good enough for him: "Go on, pull the other leg, he'd be a real professional to get action like that". Jeeze I didn't tick either of his boxes. It wasn't worth an argument with a stranger so I walked. The attitude does extend past shop-staff though. (Oh and the fan-girl is not my image, only the cut-out leaps and stuff, they are a talented group).

_DSC0012A.jpg

_DSC0016B.jpg

Edited by PossumCorner

Hows the new camera going huga? Can't wait to see some shots, or have you posted some and I've missed them??

Its hard being in a small town when you go camera shopping not much to choose from, I usually have to deal with Harvey Norman but one of the guys there is the son of a guy I work with and he is great, always gives me good discount and everytime I walk in the place he is showing me the newest Nikon stuff, they have the D300 and the D700 in the store and I occasionally make him get it out of the cabinet so I can have a play with it :eek: he always tries to talk me in to buying it but I keep saying yea one day! :D and I will, it may not happen over night but it will happen :cheer:

Gorgeous, huga!! Its fun learning a new toy! When I got the 5D Mk II I was like WOW, needed to learn it all over again as I came from the 450D! Enjoy your new baby, cant wait to see what you capture with it!

Ash, it was so nice of you to help Huga out with everything. I really look up to you!